Roy getting killed on Digg. - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy getting killed on Digg. - Linux ; Yes Roy Schestowitz, who posts the EXACT SAME ARTICLES here as he does on Digg and about 5 other places, gets the boot on every board except COLA. Makes you wonder now doesn't it? Places where stats are kept, people ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. Roy getting killed on Digg.

    Yes Roy Schestowitz, who posts the EXACT SAME ARTICLES here as he does
    on Digg and about 5 other places, gets the boot on every board except
    COLA.

    Makes you wonder now doesn't it?

    Places where stats are kept, people can vote and it's easy to see what
    gets accepted and what gets plonked Roy Schestowitz can't hide his
    SPAM and off topic, paranoid messages.

    Currently, Roy is at a -3.9 on digg.
    Of course it's all the people out to get him that are sinking him.

    Yea right.....

    The truth is that when Roy Schestowitz steps outside of the comforts
    of COLA and SPAMS the exact same messages in other places, he pisses
    people off because they have him and his self serving agenda all
    figured out.

    Like I said, COLA is a little slow at this but I have faith ya'll will
    catch on sooner or later.

  2. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:31:25 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > Yes Roy Schestowitz, who posts the EXACT SAME ARTICLES here as he does
    > on Digg and about 5 other places, gets the boot on every board except
    > COLA.
    >
    > Makes you wonder now doesn't it?

    Not a bit. It's immaterial to me.

    > Places where stats are kept, people can vote and it's easy to see what
    > gets accepted and what gets plonked Roy Schestowitz can't hide his
    > SPAM and off topic, paranoid messages.
    >
    > Currently, Roy is at a -3.9 on digg.
    > Of course it's all the people out to get him that are sinking him.
    >
    > Yea right.....
    >
    > The truth is that when Roy Schestowitz steps outside of the comforts
    > of COLA and SPAMS the exact same messages in other places, he pisses
    > people off because they have him and his self serving agenda all
    > figured out.
    >
    > Like I said, COLA is a little slow at this but I have faith ya'll will
    > catch on sooner or later.

    Make you lying insinuations plain, flatty, or shut it. You pulled this
    crap the last time you were here, and it didn't work then.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:31:25 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > Yes Roy Schestowitz, who posts the EXACT SAME ARTICLES here as he does
    > on Digg and about 5 other places, gets the boot on every board except
    > COLA.
    >
    > Makes you wonder now doesn't it?

    Nope.... I don't care. Now, why do you?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On 2007-12-01, Rick claimed:
    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:31:25 -0500, flatfish wrote:
    >
    >> Yes Roy Schestowitz, who posts the EXACT SAME ARTICLES here as he does
    >> on Digg and about 5 other places, gets the boot on every board except
    >> COLA.
    >>
    >> Makes you wonder now doesn't it?
    >>

    > Nope.... I don't care. Now, why do you?

    Flathead returns, like a dog to vomit, to themes and innuendo that
    didn't work before. There's a word for doing the same thing over and
    over while expecting different results.

    --
    What I lack in restraint, I make up for in remorse.

  5. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    > Yes Roy Schestowitz, who posts the EXACT SAME ARTICLES here as he does
    > on Digg and about 5 other places, gets the boot on every board except
    > COLA.
    >
    > Makes you wonder now doesn't it?

    Nope.

    --
    Tux rox!

  6. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On 2007-12-01, flatfish wrote:
    > Places where stats are kept, people can vote and it's easy to see what
    > gets accepted and what gets plonked Roy Schestowitz can't hide his
    > SPAM and off topic, paranoid messages.

    The most interesting stat is his performance on propellor.com (formerly
    netscape.com), where he was *hired* because they were impressed by his
    Digg volume:

    20437 stories submitted
    100 stories voted to the homepage (0.49%)

    I wonder if they pay by the story, or just for the stories that get
    voted up? If the former, that could explain why he doesn't seem to care
    much about accuracy--several crappy stories will pay more than one good,
    useful, story.

  7. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 20:34:31 -0000, Tim Smith
    wrote:

    >On 2007-12-01, flatfish wrote:
    >> Places where stats are kept, people can vote and it's easy to see what
    >> gets accepted and what gets plonked Roy Schestowitz can't hide his
    >> SPAM and off topic, paranoid messages.

    >The most interesting stat is his performance on propellor.com (formerly
    >netscape.com), where he was *hired* because they were impressed by his
    >Digg volume:
    >
    > 20437 stories submitted
    > 100 stories voted to the homepage (0.49%)
    >
    >I wonder if they pay by the story, or just for the stories that get
    >voted up? If the former, that could explain why he doesn't seem to care
    >much about accuracy--several crappy stories will pay more than one good,
    >useful, story.

    Looking at those stats it seems fairly reasonable to assume that they
    pay by quantity not quality.

    FWIW Roy SPAMS the same exact stories to digg and COLA as well and
    it's obvious he has the process automated which is against the TOS of
    both Propellor and Digg.

  8. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On 2007-12-01, flatfish wrote:
    > FWIW Roy SPAMS the same exact stories to digg and COLA as well and
    > it's obvious he has the process automated which is against the TOS of
    > both Propellor and Digg.

    Well, it is not clear for Propellor. He's a Scout there, and so is
    likely to be under a different TOS than random members of the public
    that get accounts there.

  9. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:32:34 -0000, Tim Smith
    wrote:

    >On 2007-12-01, flatfish wrote:
    >> FWIW Roy SPAMS the same exact stories to digg and COLA as well and
    >> it's obvious he has the process automated which is against the TOS of
    >> both Propellor and Digg.

    >Well, it is not clear for Propellor. He's a Scout there, and so is
    >likely to be under a different TOS than random members of the public
    >that get accounts there.

    WTF is a scout?
    I have a friend who is a director of technology for Netscape but he is
    in Zurich at the moment.
    Looks like it's time to pull in a favor or two

  10. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:29:29 +0000, William Poaster
    wrote:

    Isn't it time to replace the gas in your bag Willy Poaster?

  11. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:23:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    >
    > Paedophilia?
    > I've never accused you of that.
    > Get real already Roy and stop telling lies.

    A mere technicality. Roy seems to have a high profile in your world,
    and you're determined to lop off his head. Or maybe you are determined
    to drive Roy to be as nuts as your are.

    It's obvious you hang out in quite an iffy circle of like-minded
    net nuts, by the way.

    --
    Tux rox!

  12. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On 2007-12-01, flatfish wrote:
    >>Well, it is not clear for Propellor. He's a Scout there, and so is
    >>likely to be under a different TOS than random members of the public
    >>that get accounts there.

    > WTF is a scout?

    It's what they renamed Navigators to when the site became propeller.com.
    Evidently, they decided that the title of Propeller Navigator would be
    stupid, so came up with Propeller Scout.

  13. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:18:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > You don't find it creepy that a grown man is constructing collages of
    > his OSS "heroes" ?

    No, why should I? Don't you have heroes? It's to his credit that they are
    real people, not the fictional ones many have these days (not excluding
    myself; one of mine is the Doctor).

    > I do.

    Which says an awful lot about you.

    --
    Kier

  14. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    Kier writes:

    > On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:18:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> You don't find it creepy that a grown man is constructing collages of
    >> his OSS "heroes" ?

    > No, why should I? Don't you have heroes? It's to his credit that they are
    > real people, not the fictional ones many have these days (not excluding
    > myself; one of mine is the Doctor).
    >

    >> I do.

    > Which says an awful lot about you.

    That I'm not a blind zealot nutcase perhaps?

  15. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    flatfish wrote:

    > it seems fairly reasonable to assume that they pay by quantity
    > not quality.

    Where's the proof?

  16. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    flatfish wrote:

    > I have a friend who is a director of technology for Netscape

    Where's the proof?

    > but he is in Zurich at the moment.

    Where's the proof?

  17. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    flatfish wrote:

    > Paedophilia?
    > I've never accused you of that.

    Where's the proof?

  18. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:05:03 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Kier writes:

    >> Or didn't you notice this in the paragraph to steps above, so eager are
    >> you to attack Roy?

    > I ignored it. You keep reposting it. Way to go Kier.

    That's good, coming for you, who keeps dragging up Marti's relationship
    without any cause whatever.

    --
    Kier

  19. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:05:37 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Kier writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 14:18:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> You don't find it creepy that a grown man is constructing collages of
    >>> his OSS "heroes" ?

    >> No, why should I? Don't you have heroes? It's to his credit that they are
    >> real people, not the fictional ones many have these days (not excluding
    >> myself; one of mine is the Doctor).
    >>

    >>> I do.

    >> Which says an awful lot about you.

    > That I'm not a blind zealot nutcase perhaps?

    No. That you're a bigoted idiot.

    --
    Kier

  20. Re: Roy getting killed on Digg.

    On Dec 2, 3:59 pm, Ben Miller-Jacobson
    wrote:
    > flatfish wrote:
    > > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 23:23:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    > > wrote:

    > >> Watch the trolls joining Gary Stewart and his slanderous insinuations about
    > >> paedophilia. Maybe I'll get around to getting Gary arrested later. Right now
    > >> there are better things than getting this nutjob to court. Also, who would
    > >> want to sue such a poor and lonely sod? Either way, there's a lot of evidence
    > >> of slander, so he wouldn't last a day.

    > > Paedophilia?
    > > I've never accused you of that.
    > > Get real already Roy and stop telling lies.

    > Wait... I thought you were trying to claim that you are not Gary
    > Stewart. You just admitted that you are.

    Got me. I'm not into Paedophilia. Just a long hard **** in my not so
    tight flatfish ass.

    --
    Are you gay? Are you lonely? I am. Drop me an email:
    Gary Stewart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast