[News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly - Linux ; With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A ,----[ Quote ] | On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute between | ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community, `---- http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/ Eyes ...

  1. [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute between
    | ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community,
    `----

    http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/

    Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody Goldberg.
    Some say that they Microsoft shills.

    Related:

    Gnome foundation in kahoots?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | summary:
    |
    | Having a delegate in the ECMA T45 Committee the Gnome foundation clarified
    | its involvement in a superb standard development and bashes the vendor.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | The Gnome foundation actively participated in the ECMA fast-tracking of Open
    | XML as a sock puppet for Novell. Now the Foundation clarified its position
    | that came under recent criticism. ¬*
    `----

    http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-28290...ion-in-kahoots

    GNOME Foundation defends OOXML involvement

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Instead, I suspect that many in the community would agree with Ossendryver's
    | statement on his blog that "The participation of GNOME in ECMA TC45’s
    | apparent subversion of the standards process is a major disservice to FOSS
    | and all in the community who have worked so hard for open platforms and open
    | standards." From this position, what matters is loyalty -- and that, for
    | many, seems to mean support only for ODF and a complete boycott of any
    | efforts to make OOXML a standard. Far from clarifying matters, the
    | Foundation's statement may very well serve only to confirm this position and
    | to justify the paranoia about its motives. ¬* ¬* ¬* ¬*
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/121930

  2. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute between
    >| ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community,
    > `----
    >
    > http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
    >
    > Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody Goldberg.
    > Some say that they Microsoft shills.

    Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.

  3. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute
    >>| between ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community,
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
    >>
    >> Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody
    >> Goldberg. Some say that they Microsoft shills.
    >>

    > Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.

    You are looking more and more like a brainless twat
    --
    Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. The answer is NO

  4. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Monday 03 December 2007 08:13 : \____

    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
    >>>
    >>> Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody
    >>> Goldberg. Some say that they Microsoft shills.
    >>>

    >> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.
    >>

    > You are looking more and more like a brainless twat

    SCO were very, very different. Nonetheless, Novell is clearly making some moves
    that help Microsoft and it's even dividing the GNOME Foundation on some
    issues. I'll do an audio session with linux.com/Slashdot this Wednesday and
    discuss this.

    Bear in mind that Jody Goldberg left Novell just a few months ago. de Icaza was
    the president of the GNOME Foundation until a few weeks ago. Microsoft seems
    to be using the Novell component of the Foundation to get an ISO and hurt ODF.
    Don't ask me. Ask others who have similar feelings.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
    Tasks: 147 total, 1 running, 146 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  5. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:16:42 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute between
    >>| ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community,
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
    >>
    >> Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody Goldberg.
    >> Some say that they Microsoft shills.
    >>

    > Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.

    Oh do be sensible, Mark. It looks like nothing of the kind. Take off your
    tinfoil hat for a while and get out into the fresh air, for goodness sake.

    --
    Kier

  6. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Monday 03 December 2007 08:13 : \____
    >
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.
    >>>

    >> You are looking more and more like a brainless twat

    > SCO were very, very different. Nonetheless, Novell is clearly making some
    > moves that help Microsoft and it's even dividing the GNOME Foundation on
    > some issues.

    So what? Those are real people, and real people tend to have different
    opinions. Who was selected god and decide who has the right idea?

    > I'll do an audio session with linux.com/Slashdot this
    > Wednesday and discuss this.

    I don't care, as long as there are no *facts* and nothing else

    > Bear in mind that Jody Goldberg left Novell just a few months ago. de
    > Icaza was the president of the GNOME Foundation until a few weeks ago.
    > Microsoft seems to be using the Novell component of the Foundation to get
    > an ISO and hurt ODF. Don't ask me. Ask others who have similar feelings.

    I don't care for your "feelings"
    Present facts. All that "rumours" and "feelings" is just unsubstantiated
    gob****e.
    And no, I will not "ask others". They don't post this crap here. You do
    --
    Law of Probable Dispersal:
    Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

  7. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Peter KŲhlmann on Monday 03 December 2007 08:13 : \____
    >
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.
    >>>

    >> You are looking more and more like a brainless twat

    > SCO were very, very different. Nonetheless, Novell is clearly making some moves
    > that help Microsoft and it's even dividing the GNOME Foundation on some
    > issues. I'll do an audio session with linux.com/Slashdot this Wednesday and
    > discuss this.

    Novell most certainly is, I know.

    > Bear in mind that Jody Goldberg left Novell just a few months ago. de Icaza was
    > the president of the GNOME Foundation until a few weeks ago. Microsoft seems
    > to be using the Novell component of the Foundation to get an ISO and hurt ODF.
    > Don't ask me. Ask others who have similar feelings.

    Divide and conquer is always a viable approach. There are always disloyal
    folk who would p*ss on their mates' bonfire if offered enough.

  8. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:13:44 +0100, Peter KŲhlmann
    wrote:

    >Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
    >>>
    >>> Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody
    >>> Goldberg. Some say that they Microsoft shills.
    >>>

    >> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.
    >>

    >You are looking more and more like a brainless twat

    Peter, the mentally ill deserve our support.
    Harsh words, no matter how accurate, are not helping matters.

  9. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still AccusedRoy's gonna be on /. audio!!

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:00:24 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    >SCO were very, very different. Nonetheless, Novell is clearly making some moves
    >that help Microsoft and it's even dividing the GNOME Foundation on some
    >issues. I'll do an audio session with linux.com/Slashdot this Wednesday and
    >discuss this.

    OMG!

    I can't wait to hear this one.
    My only question is how you get the cups and string across the
    channel?

  10. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:23:13 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:16:42 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
    >>>
    >>> Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody Goldberg.
    >>> Some say that they Microsoft shills.
    >>>

    >> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.

    >Oh do be sensible, Mark. It looks like nothing of the kind. Take off your
    >tinfoil hat for a while and get out into the fresh air, for goodness sake.

    Tinfoil hat?
    Mark Kent has a full brass body suit complete with tunable tank coils
    set to reject certain frequencies.
    As soon as he figures out how to get the flux capacitor working, he
    will be completely immune for black helicopters, men in black suits
    from Microsoft and little green men from Mars.

  11. Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping MicrosoftMonopoly

    flatfish wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 09:23:13 +0000, Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 07:16:42 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.

    >> Oh do be sensible, Mark. It looks like nothing of the kind. Take off your
    >> tinfoil hat for a while and get out into the fresh air, for goodness sake.

    > Tinfoil hat?
    > Mark Kent has a full brass body suit complete with tunable tank coils
    > set to reject certain frequencies.
    > As soon as he figures out how to get the flux capacitor working, he
    > will be completely immune for black helicopters, men in black suits
    > from Microsoft and little green men from Mars.

    Much like your perceived immunity to reality?

    --
    "Doomed to waving around penguins with bells attached."

    Random Flatfish Nym:
    Le Yammy

+ Reply to Thread