Is OLPC an illegal monopoly? - Linux

This is a discussion on Is OLPC an illegal monopoly? - Linux ; lets see, according to COLA zealots criteria: 1) No viable competition at price : check. 2) Sold for less than cost price : check. 3) Forcing Linux on the unsuspecting kids? : check 4) Inability to choose an alternative OS? ...

  1. Is OLPC an illegal monopoly?

    lets see, according to COLA zealots criteria:

    1) No viable competition at price : check.
    2) Sold for less than cost price : check.
    3) Forcing Linux on the unsuspecting kids? : check
    4) Inability to choose an alternative OS? : check
    3) err, thats enough criteria for the OLPC maintaining an illegal
    monopoly. Ed.

    So there we have it.

    --
    Q: Why don't lawyers go to the beach?
    A: The cats keep trying to bury them.

  2. Re: Is OLPC an illegal monopoly?

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:41:37 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > lets see, according to COLA zealots criteria:
    >
    > 1) No viable competition at price : check.
    > 2) Sold for less than cost price : check.
    > 3) Forcing Linux on the unsuspecting kids? : check
    > 4) Inability to choose an alternative OS? : check
    > 3) err, thats enough criteria for the OLPC maintaining an illegal
    > monopoly. Ed.
    >
    > So there we have it.

    Still peddling you Linux hatred, I see, just like the other false advocate
    flatfish.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: Is OLPC an illegal monopoly?

    "Hadron" puked:

    >> 3) Forcing Linux on the unsuspecting kids? : check

    Another fine Linux advocacy post from "true Linux advocate" Hardon
    Asshole Quack.

  4. Re: Is OLPC an illegal monopoly?

    ____/ chrisv on Friday 30 November 2007 15:31 : \____

    > "Hadron" puked:
    >
    >>> 3) Forcing Linux on the unsuspecting kids? : check

    > Another fine Linux advocacy post from "true Linux advocate" Hardon
    > Asshole Quack.

    It's flamebait (hint: not-for-profit). Plonk and ignore.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    The folks on the Ubuntu CD cover need to apt-get shirt, not sudo fsck.
    17:20:02 up 30 days, 21:18, 3 users, load average: 1.36, 1.98, 1.89