Open Source Foundation of Universal Mobile Torrents

,----[ Quote ]
| With the mobile industry migrating towards open source, the development of
| true universal mobile torrents is becoming a mobile security reality. Already
| for specific mobile operating systems WinMobile Torrents and the recently
| introduced SymTorrent platforms are growing in popularity. With Google’s
| Android ushering in yet another open platform a torrent package is sure to
| emerge early for the G-Phone. As cell phones collectively migrate toward open
| source interlinking the operating systems by means of a UMT is only
| inevitable.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,...440756b,00.htm

Open source values: openness

,----[ Quote ]
| Openness means the simple availability of the resource. All the resource.
| When someone violates openness, the rent is obvious. Users route around it,
| almost automatically, and condemn those who violate the principle.
|
| This is an essential element in the free competition open source brings with
| it. If Microsoft had the power to stop you from gaining access to Linux
| resources, Linux would not exist.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1739

Related:

Will BitTorrent Open Source µTorrent?

,----[ Quote ]
| After the recent announcement by BitTorrent Inc that it has acquired the
| popular, lightweight Windows torrent client, µTorrent, there has been much
| speculation about the company making the source code of µTorrent public.
|
| [...]
|
| Why would the company open source µTorrent?
|
| There are many reasons for them to do so. One of the many
| advantages would be to get it quickly and easily ported to
| other platforms such as OS X and Linux, a task the company
| has promised to get done.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/will-bittorr...%c2%b5torrent/

BitTorrent Admin Monitored by US Government, Forced to Dump Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Sk0t, an ex-administrator of the EliteTorrents BitTorrent tracker is to have
| his internet connection forcibly monitored by the US Government. If that
| wasn’t bad enough, the monitoring software is Windows based - which means he
| is being forced to ditch Linux - or face being barred from the internet.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-a...to-dump-linux/

Related:

Comcast Cuts Off Heavy Internet Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Customers complain bandwidth limits are secret.
`----

http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/20...ban.html?imw=Y

Torrentspy Disables Searching For US IPs

| Torrent indexing site Torrentspy.com appears to have disabled torrent
| searches for IPs that originate in the United States.
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...41244&from=rss

Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic, Seeding Impossible

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-thro...ng-impossible/