Sun bullied, used threats to gain control of open source project, former owner
says

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun used strong-arm tactics and made threats to the owners of an open-source
| directory project to wrestle away control, according to one of the former
| owners and creators of the project.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...rss-linux-news

Related:

Sun CEO: "Proprietary"...did more damage to sun than any market downturn

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun has discovered the exact same thing. Freedom sells. Or, rather,
| services around freedom sell. The freedom itself is, well, free.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openreso...o_proprie.html

McNealy says Sun evaluating OpenSolaris on GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| There have been nearly 8 million downloads of Solaris in the last
| two years, and there are 900 systems certified to run Solaris,
| which is more than any Linux distribution, McNealy said.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/88402

Sun hopes for Linux-like Solaris

,----[ Quote ]
| Basic operations, such as the "ls" command to see a listing of
| files in a directory, behave differently in Solaris, and Solaris
| lacks Linux tools for packaging, downloading and installing
| software such as Debian's apt-get, Murdock said. And Linux's
| installation process is much better than that of Solaris, in
| part because of better hardware support, he said.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...2011784,00.htm

"Save a Penguin, Unplug a Linux Server" May Win Most-Flamable E-Mail Award *

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://jetteroheller.wordpress.com/2...-e-mail-award/