installing ati drivers.... - Linux

This is a discussion on installing ati drivers.... - Linux ; Hi, I have Ati Radeon 9600XT AGP display card and I cant get hardware opengl enabled I'm running Mandriva 10.2, X.org 6.8.x, kernel 2.6.x I've --force installed the ati's rpm, patched the kernel module source, compiled it, however I can't ...

  1. installing ati drivers....

    Hi,

    I have Ati Radeon 9600XT AGP display card and I cant get hardware opengl
    enabled

    I'm running Mandriva 10.2, X.org 6.8.x, kernel 2.6.x

    I've --force installed the ati's rpm, patched the kernel module source,
    compiled it, however I can't install it! When it tries to modprobe
    fglrx, it complains about not being able to find agp-via82xx kernel module?

    I have recompiled the kernel modules, enabled AGP and VIA-AGP support.
    The exact kernel module is "via-agp".

    Any leads? I'm getting desperate

    This is the only thing that seperates me from total migration to linux

    ---
    Kresimir Spes
    Cateia Games

  2. Re: installing ati drivers....

    Hail

    Make sure you have a really new kernel, and you could try not to compile
    in any radeon DRI stuff that comes with the kernel. I got an radeon 7200
    but that is a different chipset, but it may help.

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005
    18:50:47 +0200, DigitalDragon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Ati Radeon 9600XT AGP display card and I cant get hardware opengl
    > enabled
    >
    > I'm running Mandriva 10.2, X.org 6.8.x, kernel 2.6.x
    >
    > I've --force installed the ati's rpm, patched the kernel module source,
    > compiled it, however I can't install it! When it tries to modprobe
    > fglrx, it complains about not being able to find agp-via82xx kernel module?
    >
    > I have recompiled the kernel modules, enabled AGP and VIA-AGP support.
    > The exact kernel module is "via-agp".
    >
    > Any leads? I'm getting desperate
    >
    > This is the only thing that seperates me from total migration to linux
    >
    > ---
    > Kresimir Spes
    > Cateia Games

    Gaute (The Great) Hope