rpcgen cannot find any C Preprocessor - Linux

This is a discussion on rpcgen cannot find any C Preprocessor - Linux ; Hi All , I am writing a sample rpc program say msg.x. When I do rpcgen msg.x I get an error saying rpcgen cannot find C preprocessor.I have cpp binary in /usr/bin/cpp-2.95. Kindly suggest the solution. Regards, Praveen Kumar...

  1. rpcgen cannot find any C Preprocessor

    Hi All ,
    I am writing a sample rpc program say msg.x. When I do
    rpcgen msg.x I get an
    error saying rpcgen cannot find C preprocessor.I have cpp
    binary in /usr/bin/cpp-2.95.
    Kindly suggest the solution.

    Regards,
    Praveen Kumar

  2. Re: rpcgen cannot find any C Preprocessor

    Praveen wrote:
    > I am writing a sample rpc program say msg.x. When I do
    > rpcgen msg.x I get an error saying rpcgen cannot find
    > C preprocessor.I have cpp binary in /usr/bin/cpp-2.95.

    cpp-2.95? If that is the GCC preprocessor, it is ancient, current version is
    4.something, and you should upgrade. Otherwise, I expect that it is looking
    for 'cpp', so a simple symlink should do the job. If that doesn't help,
    read the instructions, read the code or maybe use 'strace' to find out
    where it's looking for the preprocessor.

    BTW: please fix your newsclient, your posting was slightly messed up and I
    had to reformat the text to fix it.

    cheers

    Uli

+ Reply to Thread