GNOME 2.20.2 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the second update to GNOME 2.20.0. The update fixes all known
| and unknown bugs and crashers.
|
| The next and last stable release for 2.20 branch will be 2.20.3. The
| tarballs for that release need to be delivered to our lovely window
| before January 7 2008 23:59 UTC.
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome.../msg00066.html

GNOME 2.20.2: The Next Step Into Freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 2.20.2 will really improve the way your Linux distribution works,
| because it is much more stable and faster than 2.20.1. You should update as
| soon as possible, if you want to take advantage of the improvements (there
| are a lot more than I noted here)!
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/GNOME...om-72267.shtml

Miguel de Icaza is no longer the president (he resigned quietly very recently).

Related:

GNOME 2.20.2 Coming This Week

,----[ Quote ]
| While development work on GNOME 2.22 is already in full swing, planned for
| release this Wednesday is the GNOME 2.20.2 stable release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjIyMw

GNOME 2.20 shows significant improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| I was pleased to see improvements in the GNOME Power Manager too. Not only
| does it give you helpful messages regarding power events, it also displays
| warnings to notify you of situations such as wireless mouse batteries running
| low, or a power cable coming unplugged.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119332

GNOME 2.20 Release Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 2.20 is the latest version of the GNOME Desktop: a popular,
| multi-platform desktop environment. GNOME's focus is ease of use, stability,
| and first class internationalization and accessibility support. Based on Free
| and Open Source Software, GNOME provides all of the common tools computer
| users expect of a modern computing environment, as well as a flexible and
| powerful platform for software developers.
|
| [...]
|
| These 2.20 release notes are available in several languages: Albanian,
| Catalan, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian,
| Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Thai Ukranian, Vietnamese.
`----

http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/

12 Tips for GNOME Users

,----[ Quote ]
| As a desktop, GNOME is standard enough that most computer users can feel
| comfortable within ten minutes of first using it. Yet what always puzzles me
| is how often people fail to explore it beyond the basics. Possibly, they're
| conditioned by Windows, which allows relatively limited customization. But,
| whatever the reason, too often they stoically endure what they could fix if
| only they could find their way around.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osr...le.php/3698896

Sneak Peeks at openSUSE 10.3: SUSE-Polished GNOME 2.20

,----[ Quote ]
| Among other things, openSUSE 10.3 is set to contain, and be among the very
| first to have, the new GNOME 2.20.
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=264

10 Ideas to Improve GNOME