[OT] Ping HPT - Linux

This is a discussion on [OT] Ping HPT - Linux ; On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:29:41 +0000, Tim Smith wrote: > On 2007-12-02, Kier wrote: >>> Linux is a small minority right now. A consequence of that is that >>> negative behavior by Linux users has a much bigger effect ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 43 of 43

  1. Re: [OT] Ping HPT

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:29:41 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:

    > On 2007-12-02, Kier wrote:
    >>> Linux is a small minority right now. A consequence of that is that
    >>> negative behavior by Linux users has a much bigger effect than negative
    >>> behavior by Windows (majority) users. It's exactly the same situation
    >>> that happens with different races--a black criminal does far more harm
    >>> to blacks in general than a white criminal does to whites in general.

    >> IN a sense, that's true. But that's really down to prejudice.

    > But it is a kind of prejedice that seems to take place in pretty much
    > every group of humans. Consider what happens when a child is molested,
    > for example. Most molestations are by straight men against little
    > girls. Do these cause people to call for suppression of straight men?

    No, though it does have some effect on them. In this country, certainly,
    it's resulted in many straight men being wary of approaching any child in
    distress, for fear of being wrongly branded a pervert.

    > Nope. But if a gay man touches a little boy, a disturbingly large
    > number of people see that as a sign that all gay men are just lurking
    > around, waiting for a chance to snatch their little boys.

    That's certainly true, and an extremely sad reflection on society.

    >>> And a Linux advocate who is incompetent, lying, hypocritical, and
    >>> immoral does far more harm to Linux and a corresponding Windows advocate
    >>> does to Windows.

    >> Whereas the likes of flatfish and Hadron do no harm? If you're going to
    >> criticise Mark and others like him, surely you should also be criticising
    >> flatfish and co. The likes of 'mark.kent.is.owned' are actively malicious.

    > Not being a Windows user or advocate, why should I care if a Windows
    > advocate wants to do something that makes him/her look idiotic?

    It's not just that. If it were, no one would care. But mud, unfortunately,
    sometimes sticks, even without good cause. Others take up the theme and
    continue the percecution. While I disagree with much of what Roy posts, I
    don't think he deserves to have his character traduced in such a fashion
    without others standing up for him.

    If we don't protest, we could be seen as condoning it.

    --
    Kier

  2. Re: [OT] Ping HPT

    On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:34:38 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:

    > On 2007-12-02, Hadron wrote:
    >> Criticising Mark Kent is a must. He is a fraud and a fairly odious
    >> character. He tries to get people banned from their ISP for disagreeing
    >> with him. He considers NVIdia's drivers "malware". He is clueless about
    >> computers and SW in general. He also thinks you are dumb.

    > Actually, he seems to think Kier is smart--that he's running an
    > incredibly subtle and effective anti-Linux campaign that only Mark was
    > smart enough to figure out. Kier is the Moriarty of Linux advocacy, and
    > Mark is the Holmes (and I would not be surprised if that is how Mark
    > actually thinks of it...).

    That would be cool, in a way. Holmes admired Moriarty for his
    intelligence, despite his dislike.

    I don't think Mark is smart enough to be Holmes, though.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: [OT] Ping HPT

    Kier wrote:

    > On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 16:34:38 +0000, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-12-02, Hadron wrote:
    >>> Criticising Mark Kent is a must. He is a fraud and a fairly odious
    >>> character. He tries to get people banned from their ISP for disagreeing
    >>> with him. He considers NVIdia's drivers "malware". He is clueless about
    >>> computers and SW in general. He also thinks you are dumb.

    >> Actually, he seems to think Kier is smart--that he's running an
    >> incredibly subtle and effective anti-Linux campaign that only Mark was
    >> smart enough to figure out. Kier is the Moriarty of Linux advocacy, and
    >> Mark is the Holmes (and I would not be surprised if that is how Mark
    >> actually thinks of it...).

    > That would be cool, in a way. Holmes admired Moriarty for his
    > intelligence, despite his dislike.
    >
    > I don't think Mark is smart enough to be Holmes, though.

    He is certainly dumb enough to put words in peoples mouth and misrepresent
    what they wrote. That is *not* at all smart. It is extremely stupid

    A trait shared by Hadron Quark, coincidentally

    This naturally does not at all prove that Hadron Quark is Mark Kent.
    Mark Kent may be many things, fiew of which are positive, but he certainly
    is not a MS astroturfer
    --
    Your conscience never stops you from doing anything. It just stops you
    from enjoying it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3