FreeBSD is used more than Linux. - Linux

This is a discussion on FreeBSD is used more than Linux. - Linux ; I was talking to a guy who sells webs solutions today, Ghost, he said his stuff mostly runs on MicroSoft servers; FreeBSD is used more than Linux. You asked me: “ Did you have a specific experiment that disproves special ...

  1. FreeBSD is used more than Linux.

    I was talking to a guy who sells webs solutions today, Ghost,
    he said his stuff mostly runs on MicroSoft servers;
    FreeBSD is used more than Linux.

    You asked me:
    “ Did you have a specific experiment
    that disproves special relativity, then ? ”.

    What would that have to do with
    Uncle Albert's Nobel prize delusions ?
    Al is nuts and so are you, if you buy into his crap.

  2. Re: FreeBSD is used more than Linux.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jeff?Relf

    wrote
    on 29 Nov 2007 21:46:07 GMT
    :
    > I was talking to a guy who sells webs solutions today, Ghost,
    > he said his stuff mostly runs on MicroSoft servers;
    > FreeBSD is used more than Linux.

    OK...that's one data point at the very most, and without
    more information that's not a lot to go on. I will
    admit that FreeBSD is an excellent choice for a
    web service; I liken it to Linux's big brother. AFAIK,
    it also runs Java; it can certainly run things such as
    Apache and PHP without trouble. It would probably run
    PostgreSQL and MySQL decently as well.

    As for Microsoft servers...I'd be curious as to the
    details there. Are you referring to:

    - IIS?
    - MS SQL Server?
    - .NET?
    - something else?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable