Too bad! - Linux

This is a discussion on Too bad! - Linux ; Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very fast! http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. Too bad!

    Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    fast!
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

  2. Re: Too bad!

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:33 +0100, "chrisv"
    wrote:

    >Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    >fast!
    >http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    That's pathetic.

  3. Re: Too bad!

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    news:20071129202409.647EB1C00088@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    > Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    > fast!
    > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    If those statistics are correct...then it looks like Linux has been staying
    pretty much the same for the last year or two...
    I would not get too excited about a drop or rise of 0.1%

  4. Re: Too bad!

    flatfish wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:33 +0100, "chrisv"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping
    >> very fast!
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    >>

    > That's pathetic.

    But, the percentage growth of linux over the past couple years is pretty
    impressive.

  5. Re: Too bad!

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:38:33 -0600, "philo" wrote:

    >"chrisv" wrote in message
    >news:20071129202409.647EB1C00088@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >> Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    >> fast!
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    >>

    >If those statistics are correct...then it looks like Linux has been staying
    >pretty much the same for the last year or two...
    >I would not get too excited about a drop or rise of 0.1%

    True, but I'd be more concerned about how we keep reading 2007 is the
    year of Linux, Linux is taking this that and the other thing over,
    Windows is dead etc.

    The statistics just don't back up those claims.
    I'd love to see Linux compete with Windows, chase Microsoft into a
    corner and force them, Microsoft, to release a fairly priced product
    that works.
    But it's just not happening and all the Linux fan bois over in COLA
    can't change the facts.

  6. Re: Too bad!

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >Despite our advocacy in cola, (snip)

    Ignore the forger.

  7. Re: Too bad!

    "philo" schreef in bericht

    > "chrisv" wrote in message
    > news:20071129202409.647EB1C00088@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >> Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    >> fast!
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    >>

    > If those statistics are correct...then it looks like Linux has been
    > staying
    > pretty much the same for the last year or two...
    > I would not get too excited about a drop or rise of 0.1%

    I hate to say that these stats above are a bit optimistic, look here! wow!
    linux 0.81%, even Windows 98 is bigger than linux!
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...&qptimeframe=Q

  8. Re: Too bad!

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>Despite our advocacy in cola, (snip)

    > Ignore the forger.

    chrisv ==> troll & troll feeder
    Yes, he is a weirdo! Avoid this mad cunt!
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...risv-liar.html

    The dufus who calls himself chrisv is for all practical purposes just as
    useless as the "Willy Boaster" idiot. His understanding of human
    communications is limited to one of two responses:
    1 - Fsck you arsehole troll.
    2 - *plonk*
    In real life he isn't likely to be very bright. He probably has a job as an
    "assistant shift manager" at a Burger King. His only purpose on usenet is to
    make an honest replier, to a usenet post look bad. His idiotic plonking
    behaviour has no limits. He's a liar too because he bashes MS Windows Vista
    frequently, despite the fact that he avoids the question if he has ever used
    Vista, by saying *plonk*. He is a typical linux and COLA ****wit, when
    confronted with facts that prove him to be an idiot he resorts to posting
    *PLONK*. His vocabulary is very limited, monosyllable and abusive like most
    Cola regulars. (plonk, idiot, wintroll, troll, felcher a.s.o)

  9. Re: Too bad!

    Amanda ****housedoor wrote:
    > "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Despite our advocacy in cola, (snip)

    >> Ignore the forger.
    >>

    > chrisv ==> troll & troll feeder
    > Yes, he is a weirdo! Avoid this mad cunt!
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...risv-liar.html
    >
    > The dufus who calls himself chrisv is for all practical purposes just
    > as useless as the "Willy Boaster" idiot. His understanding of human
    > communications is limited to one of two responses:
    > 1 - Fsck you arsehole troll.
    > 2 - *plonk*
    > In real life he isn't likely to be very bright. He probably has a job
    > as an "assistant shift manager" at a Burger King. His only purpose on
    > usenet is to make an honest replier, to a usenet post look bad. His
    > idiotic plonking behaviour has no limits. He's a liar too because he
    > bashes MS Windows Vista frequently, despite the fact that he avoids
    > the question if he has ever used Vista, by saying *plonk*. He is a
    > typical linux and COLA ****wit, when confronted with facts that prove
    > him to be an idiot he resorts to posting *PLONK*. His vocabulary is
    > very limited, monosyllable and abusive like most Cola regulars.
    > (plonk, idiot, wintroll, troll, felcher a.s.o)

    *PLONK*

  10. Re: Too bad!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    some imbecile claiming to be chrisv

    (and failing extremely badly) wrote
    on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:33:34 -0800
    <02aab3d1$0$29383$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:

    [snippage]

    > *PLONK*

    I trust you have nothing better to do than impersonate posters?

    Followups to an appropriate venue.

    ObMoron: Imbecile.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows. Because it's not a question of if.
    It's a question of when.

  11. Re: Too bad!

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    > some imbecile claiming to be chrisv
    >
    > (and failing extremely badly) wrote
    > on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:33:34 -0800
    > <02aab3d1$0$29383$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    >
    > [snippage]
    >
    >> *PLONK*

    > I trust you have nothing better to do than impersonate posters?
    >
    > Followups to an appropriate venue.
    >
    > --
    > ObMoron: Imbecile.

    Interesting sig.

    *plonk*

  12. Re: Too bad!

    Someone pretending to be chrisv wrote:
    > Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    > fast!
    > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

    This is yet another flame bait of Clogwog, pretending to be ChrisV...

    What a bore

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  13. Re: Too bad!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    some cretin claiming to be chrisv

    (and failing extremely badly -- again) wrote
    on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:47:54 -0800
    <02aac533$0$29368$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    >> some imbecile claiming to be chrisv
    >>
    >> (and failing extremely badly) wrote
    >> on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:33:34 -0800
    >> <02aab3d1$0$29383$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    >>
    >> [snippage]
    >>
    >>> *PLONK*

    >> I trust you have nothing better to do than impersonate posters?
    >>
    >> Followups to an appropriate venue.
    >>
    >> --
    >> ObMoron: Imbecile.

    > Interesting sig.
    >
    > *plonk*

    Nice try, wise guy. Have you been taking lessons from Jeff Relf?

    ObMoron: Cretin.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.

  14. Re: Too bad!

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:33 +0100, a forger wrote wrote nothing.

  15. Re: Too bad!

    * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:33 +0100, "chrisv"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    >>fast!
    >>http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    >>

    > That's pathetic.

    Definitely a pathetic troll.

    Especially since, if you plot it as a line, it is essentially flat since
    2005. Same for the Mac, which, as we know, is more popular than ever.

    And looking at the Windows numbers, you'd have to conclude that Vista is
    replacing more Win 2000 than Win XP.

    Read further down for the Disraeli quote.

    --
    Tux rox!

  16. Re: Too bad!

    * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    > The statistics just don't back up those claims.

    Those statistic don't back up any claims, except that X percent of Y OS
    users use w3schools.

    > But it's just not happening and all the Linux fan bois over in COLA
    > can't change the facts.

    Keep whistlin' in the dark, flatfart.

    --
    Tux rox!

  17. Re: Too bad!

    alt wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:33 +0100, a forger wrote wrote nothing.

    The *real* Chrisv always uses Forte Agent, now simply mind its user agent.

    What a failure :-)

    It's Cogwog and now where is his girlfriend?

    If he had a girlfriend - at all - would she approve with him spamming
    NG's all the time?

    I think not :-p

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  18. Re: Too bad!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 04:43:54 +0100, ml2mst wrote:

    >alt wrote:
    >> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:33 +0100, a forger wrote wrote nothing.

    >The *real* Chrisv always uses Forte Agent, now simply mind its user agent.
    >
    >What a failure :-)
    >
    >It's Cogwog and now where is his girlfriend?
    >
    >If he had a girlfriend - at all - would she approve with him spamming
    >NG's all the time?
    >
    >I think not :-p

    Aren't you the guy who claimed his dead gay lover F***** your brains
    out?
    That's sick.

  19. Re: Too bad!

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    > some cretin claiming to be chrisv
    >
    > (and failing extremely badly -- again) wrote
    > on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:47:54 -0800
    > <02aac533$0$29368$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    >> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    >>> some imbecile claiming to be chrisv
    >>>
    >>> (and failing extremely badly) wrote
    >>> on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:33:34 -0800
    >>> <02aab3d1$0$29383$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    >>>
    >>> [snippage]

    >>> I trust you have nothing better to do than impersonate posters?
    >>>
    >>> Followups to an appropriate venue.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> ObMoron: Imbecile.

    >> Interesting sig.
    >>
    >> *plonk*
    >>

    > Nice try, wise guy. Have you been taking lessons from Jeff Relf?
    >
    > --
    > ObMoron: Cretin.

    You hast been *plonked* I can't see you.

  20. Re: Too bad!

    Linonut writes:

    > * flatfish fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> The statistics just don't back up those claims.

    > Those statistic don't back up any claims, except that X percent of Y OS
    > users use w3schools.
    >
    >> But it's just not happening and all the Linux fan bois over in COLA
    >> can't change the facts.

    > Keep whistlin' in the dark, flatfart.

    Do you have statistics to dispute the browser stats?

    All the head in the sand, arse in the air bollox spouted in COLA is not
    increasing Linux installs. If half the "advocates" here actually got off
    their fat pizza filled arses and did something to advocate Linux as
    opposed to talking about it then maybe things would change.

    "We need more doers in our movement Reg!"

    --
    Mi Windows 95 no se cuelg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast