Too bad! - Linux

This is a discussion on Too bad! - Linux ; ml2mst writes: > Someone pretending to be chrisv wrote: >> Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very >> fast! >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp >> > > This is yet another flame bait of Clogwog, pretending ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: Too bad!

    ml2mst writes:

    > Someone pretending to be chrisv wrote:
    >> Despite our advocacy in cola, we fail. The use of linux is dropping very
    >> fast!
    >> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
    >>

    > This is yet another flame bait of Clogwog, pretending to be ChrisV...
    >
    > What a bore

    Marti : we know. You are not a l33t hacker. We can all see it too.

    --
    Mi Windows 95 no se cuelg

  2. Re: Too bad!

    * Hadron fired off this tart reply:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * flatfish fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> The statistics just don't back up those claims.

    >> Those statistic don't back up any claims, except that X percent of Y OS
    >> users use w3schools.
    >>
    >>> But it's just not happening and all the Linux fan bois over in COLA
    >>> can't change the facts.

    >> Keep whistlin' in the dark, flatfart.

    > Do you have statistics to dispute the browser stats?

    There's nothing to dispute in browser stats. All they show is a rough
    guesstimate of who visited various sites.

    The rest is just assumption. Unprovable assumption.

    > All the head in the sand, arse in the air bollox spouted in COLA is not
    > increasing Linux installs. If half the "advocates" here actually got off
    > their fat pizza filled arses and did something to advocate Linux as
    > opposed to talking about it then maybe things would change.

    You're in no position to be recommending any course of action to anyone.

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: Too bad!

    Linonut writes:

    > * Hadron fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Linonut writes:
    >>
    >>> * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>> Those statistic don't back up any claims, except that X percent of Y OS
    >>> users use w3schools.

    >>> Keep whistlin' in the dark, flatfart.

    >> Do you have statistics to dispute the browser stats?

    > There's nothing to dispute in browser stats. All they show is a rough
    > guesstimate of who visited various sites.

    Nothing rough about it. Sure a few tin foil hat types mask their browser
    types but thats a tiny minority.

    > The rest is just assumption. Unprovable assumption.

    What rest? Works for all OSs if I get your meaning right. The hit stats
    of a global page like the BBC or W3schools would be enough for me to
    make a decent business decision with a degree of certainty not available
    from listening to the COLA morons. In fact w3schools should show a
    HIGHER linux usage IMO since most Linux users are techies and more
    likely to visit such pages. Common sense really.

    >> All the head in the sand, arse in the air bollox spouted in COLA is not
    >> increasing Linux installs. If half the "advocates" here actually got off
    >> their fat pizza filled arses and did something to advocate Linux as
    >> opposed to talking about it then maybe things would change.

    > You're in no position to be recommending any course of action to
    > anyone.

    As an active contributor to OSS projects and increasing Linux user base
    I would say I am.

    --
    [...] or some clown changed the chips on a board and not its name.
    (Don't laugh! Look at the SMC etherpower for that.)

  4. Re: Too bad!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    some idiot claiming to be chrisv

    (and still failing miserably) wrote
    on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:53:09 -0800
    <02aafeae$0$29386$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    >> some cretin claiming to be chrisv
    >>
    >> (and failing extremely badly -- again) wrote
    >> on Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:47:54 -0800
    >> <02aac533$0$29368$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:

    >>> Interesting sig.
    >>>
    >>> *plonk*
    >>>

    >> Nice try, wise guy. Have you been taking lessons from Jeff Relf?
    >>
    >> --
    >> ObMoron: Cretin.
    >>

    > You hast been *plonked* I can't see you.

    Uh huh. Clearly, you can't see me because you responded
    to this message saying "I can't see you".

    Makes perfect sense to some, I guess.

    ObMoron: Idiot.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.

  5. Re: Too bad!

    * Hadron fired off this tart reply:

    > Linonut writes:
    >>
    >> There's nothing to dispute in browser stats. All they show is a rough
    >> guesstimate of who visited various sites.

    > Nothing rough about it. Sure a few tin foil hat types mask their browser
    > types but thats a tiny minority.
    >
    > What rest? Works for all OSs if I get your meaning right. The hit stats
    > of a global page like the BBC or W3schools would be enough for me to
    > make a decent business decision with a degree of certainty not available
    > from listening to the COLA morons. In fact w3schools should show a
    > HIGHER linux usage IMO since most Linux users are techies and more
    > likely to visit such pages. Common sense really.

    No, not at all. No sense at all. You have absolutely no idea of just
    what attracts a user to w3schools. You have no idea if it attracts
    people who have work to do, or if they are home coders. You have no
    idea if they come from businesses, are told to go there for training, or
    go there voluntarily. You don't know if its is well known for its
    Windows programs or its Linux programs.

    The factors that push people to that site are unknown to you.

    It could be reflecting the share of Linux users accurately, or it could
    even be exaggerating it.

    The point is YOU DON'T KNOW.

    Here's a site that shows 1/4th the Linux usage that w3schools shows:

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=2

    It shows the same percentage for Linux and Win98!

    --
    Tux rox!

  6. Re: Too bad!

    "Linonut" schreef in bericht
    >* Hadron fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Linonut writes:
    >>>
    >>> There's nothing to dispute in browser stats. All they show is a rough
    >>> guesstimate of who visited various sites.

    >> Nothing rough about it. Sure a few tin foil hat types mask their browser
    >> types but thats a tiny minority.
    >>
    >> What rest? Works for all OSs if I get your meaning right. The hit stats
    >> of a global page like the BBC or W3schools would be enough for me to
    >> make a decent business decision with a degree of certainty not available
    >> from listening to the COLA morons. In fact w3schools should show a
    >> HIGHER linux usage IMO since most Linux users are techies and more
    >> likely to visit such pages. Common sense really.

    > No, not at all. No sense at all. You have absolutely no idea of just
    > what attracts a user to w3schools. You have no idea if it attracts
    > people who have work to do, or if they are home coders. You have no
    > idea if they come from businesses, are told to go there for training, or
    > go there voluntarily. You don't know if its is well known for its
    > Windows programs or its Linux programs.
    >
    > The factors that push people to that site are unknown to you.
    >
    > It could be reflecting the share of Linux users accurately, or it could
    > even be exaggerating it.
    >
    > The point is YOU DON'T KNOW.
    >
    > Here's a site that shows 1/4th the Linux usage that w3schools shows:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=2
    >
    > It shows the same percentage for Linux and Win98!
    >
    >>> You're in no position to be recommending any course of action to
    >>> anyone.

    >> As an active contributor to OSS projects and increasing Linux user base
    >> I would say I am.

    1) A drink of liquor, especially when swallowed in one gulp.
    2) Cocaine or heroin, especially a small amount sniffed at one time.
    3) The liquor or drug so taken.
    What type of drugs are you using, you silly nut?

  7. Re: Too bad!

    On Friday 30 Nov 2007 7:30 pm, Linonut wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > * Hadron fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Linonut writes:
    >>>
    >>> There's nothing to dispute in browser stats. All they show is a rough
    >>> guesstimate of who visited various sites.

    >> Nothing rough about it. Sure a few tin foil hat types mask their browser
    >> types but thats a tiny minority.
    >>
    >> What rest? Works for all OSs if I get your meaning right. The hit stats
    >> of a global page like the BBC or W3schools would be enough for me to
    >> make a decent business decision with a degree of certainty not available
    >> from listening to the COLA morons. In fact w3schools should show a
    >> HIGHER linux usage IMO since most Linux users are techies and more
    >> likely to visit such pages. Common sense really.

    > No, not at all. No sense at all. You have absolutely no idea of just
    > what attracts a user to w3schools. You have no idea if it attracts
    > people who have work to do, or if they are home coders. You have no
    > idea if they come from businesses, are told to go there for training, or
    > go there voluntarily. You don't know if its is well known for its
    > Windows programs or its Linux programs.
    >
    > The factors that push people to that site are unknown to you.
    >
    > It could be reflecting the share of Linux users accurately, or it could
    > even be exaggerating it.
    >
    > The point is YOU DON'T KNOW.
    >
    > Here's a site that shows 1/4th the Linux usage that w3schools shows:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=2
    >
    > It shows the same percentage for Linux and Win98!
    >
    >>> You're in no position to be recommending any course of action to
    >>> anyone.

    >> As an active contributor to OSS projects and increasing Linux user base
    >> I would say I am.

    He claims..?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    He can prove that, of course, by giving the name he uses as an active
    contributor to OSS projects.

    Want a bet he won't, & makes excuses why he won't?

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 3

  8. Re: Too bad!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:29:05 +0000, William Poaster
    wrote:

    >He claims..?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    >He can prove that, of course, by giving the name he uses as an active
    >contributor to OSS projects.
    >
    >Want a bet he won't, & makes excuses why he won't?

    Do you ever say anything useful Poaster?
    Isn't it time to change the gas in that bag of yours?

  9. Re: Too bad!

    * Sibold Bargehassus fired off this tart reply:

    > "Linonut" schreef in bericht
    >>> As an active contributor to OSS projects and increasing Linux user base
    >>> I would say I am.

    > 1) A drink of liquor, especially when swallowed in one gulp.
    > 2) Cocaine or heroin, especially a small amount sniffed at one time.
    > 3) The liquor or drug so taken.
    > What type of drugs are you using, you silly nut?

    --
    Gigglesnort Hotel!

  10. Re: Too bad!

    flatfish wrote:

    > I'd love to see Linux compete with Windows, chase Microsoft into a
    > corner and force them, Microsoft, to release a fairly priced product
    > that works.

    Where's the proof?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2