Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Ring Around The Rosie. COLA Style.

    On 2007-11-30, spike1@freenet.co.uk claimed:

    http://www.rosieosucks.com/mediac/40...a/rosie051.jpg

    > and why would someone draw a ring around her?

    To try to contain whatever she's got. Preferably with a force field and
    decontamination units.

    --
    Slavery is the work ethic as enforced by democracies.

  2. Re: Ring Around The Rosie. COLA Style.

    Sinister Midget did eloquently scribble:
    > On 2007-11-30, spike1@freenet.co.uk claimed:
    >> Who is this rosie

    > http://www.rosieosucks.com/mediac/40...a/rosie051.jpg

    >> and why would someone draw a ring around her?

    > To try to contain whatever she's got. Preferably with a force field and
    > decontamination units.

    Ahhh, but the rhyme had nothing to do with the plague.
    They said so on Qi, so it must be true.

    And I always heard it as Ring around a roses...
    cos that rhymes with "a pocket full of posies"
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Ring Around The Rosie. COLA Style.

    On Saturday 01 Dec 2007 9:08 am, spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote in
    comp.os.linux.advocacy:

    > Sinister Midget did eloquently scribble:
    >> On 2007-11-30, spike1@freenet.co.uk claimed:
    >>> Who is this rosie

    >> http://www.rosieosucks.com/mediac/40...a/rosie051.jpg

    >>> and why would someone draw a ring around her?

    >> To try to contain whatever she's got. Preferably with a force field and
    >> decontamination units.

    > Ahhh, but the rhyme had nothing to do with the plague.
    > They said so on Qi, so it must be true.

    The nursery rhyme is of indeterminate origin, & has no specific meaning.
    Although some elements of it, like the "ring around the rosie" & the sneezing,
    are fairly accurate, the rhyme has nothing to do with the Black Plague.
    A more likely explanation is given as the religious ban on dancing by
    Protestants in the 19th century, both in Britain & the US.

    In short, it's an Urban Legend..

    > And I always heard it as Ring around a roses...
    > cos that rhymes with "a pocket full of posies"

    Yes. But there are different variations, depending where in the world you are.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 3

  4. Re: Ring Around The Rosie. COLA Style.

    On 2007-12-01, spike1@freenet.co.uk claimed:
    > Sinister Midget did eloquently scribble:
    >> On 2007-11-30, spike1@freenet.co.uk claimed:
    >>> Who is this rosie

    >> http://www.rosieosucks.com/mediac/40...a/rosie051.jpg

    >>> and why would someone draw a ring around her?

    >> To try to contain whatever she's got. Preferably with a force field and
    >> decontamination units.

    > Ahhh, but the rhyme had nothing to do with the plague.
    > They said so on Qi, so it must be true.
    >
    > And I always heard it as Ring around a roses...
    > cos that rhymes with "a pocket full of posies"

    Maybe that's "rosers" and "posers", which would still be comparable to
    a "Rosie" on the opposite end of the line.

    --
    Lady who live in glass house, dress in basement!

  5. Re: Ring Around The Rosie. COLA Style.

    Sinister Midget did eloquently scribble:
    > Maybe that's "rosers" and "posers", which would still be comparable to
    > a "Rosie" on the opposite end of the line.

    Nope, definitely roses and posies.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  6. Re: Ring Around The Rosie. COLA Style.

    chrisv wrote:

    >>Hadron puked:
    >>>
    >>> Honestly you couldn't make it up.

    >Right. You dishonestly made it up. You asshole.

    (note to silly nym: post deleted, unread.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2