Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses. - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses. - Linux ; Mark Kent had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 29-11-07 16:27: > > It would appear that Mr Bill Gates wishes to create a new monopoly, this > time in the "charity" sector. He will begin by attempting to put a ...

  1. Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses.

    Mark Kent had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 29-11-07 16:27:

    > It would appear that Mr Bill Gates wishes to create a new monopoly, this
    > time in the "charity" sector. He will begin by attempting to put a stop
    > to the XO project by firstly paying people to say it's not required, and
    > immediately afterwards, paying the same people to assess an alternative
    > to something which is, err, not required. The alternative will be
    > dumped using illegal dumping methods, thus ensuring that even an
    > offering based on free-software cannot compete on initial purchase
    > grounds, with the intention of locking the poorest people in the world
    > to the Bill Gates charity monopoly.
    >
    > Over time, his new monopoly will gradually seek to replace:
    >
    > medecine sans frontiers
    > red cross
    > red crescent
    > oxfam
    > christian aid
    > etc..
    >
    > With the new Bill Gates Charity Monopoly. All other charities will be
    > declared "not compatible", thus ensuring that the world's most needy
    > people do not turn to an unapproved charity.
    >
    > All approved charities will be able to display the new "Gates Insider"
    > Logo, which will be heavily promoted using monies already available from
    > the Gates Foundation.
    >
    > Charities which refuse to sign up to the "Gates Insider" programme will
    > be robustly audited by the Charity Shops Alliance, the CSA, which is
    > seeking legal status in all major world geographies, and is a joint
    > venture of The Gates Foundation along with other charities who've
    > already joined it. It's also a grass roots organisation too. And a
    > lobbying organisation, and has a vote, in fact, a lot of votes at ISO,
    > ECMA, the UN and several other prestigious quasi-governmental bodies.

    Do you have any indication that Bill Gates' charity is this perverse?

    If not, all this is just defamation and slander, unworthy of a man of
    honour.

    Erik Jan

  2. Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses.

    Verily I say unto thee, that Erik Jan spake thusly:

    > Do you have any indication that Bill Gates' charity is this perverse?
    >
    > If not, all this is just defamation and slander, unworthy of a man of
    > honour.

    Its a spoof.

    Although there are undoubtedly elements of truth to it.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
    | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
    | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
    `----

    Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
    17:02:14 up 17 days, 13:55, 1 user, load average: 0.29, 0.43, 0.44

  3. Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses.

    On 2007-11-29, Erik Jan claimed:

    > Do you have any indication that Bill Gates' charity is this perverse?
    >
    > If not, all this is just defamation and slander, unworthy of a man of
    > honour.

    That's _SAINT_ Buttcrust to you commoners.

    --
    A big enough hammer can usually fix anything.

  4. Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses.

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Erik Jan spake thusly:
    >
    >> Do you have any indication that Bill Gates' charity is this perverse?
    >>
    >> If not, all this is just defamation and slander, unworthy of a man of
    >> honour.

    > Its a spoof.

    I doubt our troll was so devoid of humour that he couldn't see that.

    > Although there are undoubtedly elements of truth to it.

  5. Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses.

    Erik Jan writes:

    > Mark Kent had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 29-11-07 16:27:
    >> Charities which refuse to sign up to the "Gates Insider" programme will
    >> be robustly audited by the Charity Shops Alliance, the CSA, which is
    >> seeking legal status in all major world geographies, and is a joint
    >> venture of The Gates Foundation along with other charities who've
    >> already joined it. It's also a grass roots organisation too. And a
    >> lobbying organisation, and has a vote, in fact, a lot of votes at ISO,
    >> ECMA, the UN and several other prestigious quasi-governmental bodies.
    >>

    > Do you have any indication that Bill Gates' charity is this perverse?
    >
    > If not, all this is just defamation and slander, unworthy of a man of
    > honour.
    >
    > Erik Jan

    Mark Kent is an egotistical windbag. His desire to knock Gates charity
    work is pure and utter evil in my book. I am amazed he has not been
    served a "cease and desist".

    As for honor? Well. Just read a few of his posts and you will see that
    honor is something that Mark appears to possess very little of.

    --
    Todo lo que nace es digno de morir. -- Goethe --

  6. Re: OLPC : part II the detractor' excuses.

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:56:20 +0100, Erik Jan wrote:

    > If not, all this is just defamation and slander, unworthy of a man of
    > honour.

    ROFL.

    -Thufir

+ Reply to Thread