[Rival] TinyME and Sidux Compared, OpenSUSE Reviewed - Linux

This is a discussion on [Rival] TinyME and Sidux Compared, OpenSUSE Reviewed - Linux ; Distrowar: TinyME vs. Sidux ,----[ Quote ] | Conclusion: | | For the first time ever in the history of distrowar, we have a tie. This only | means that Sidux and TinyME may differ in strengths and weaknesses, but ...

  1. [Rival] TinyME and Sidux Compared, OpenSUSE Reviewed

    Distrowar: TinyME vs. Sidux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Conclusion:
    |
    | For the first time ever in the history of distrowar, we have a tie. This only
    | means that Sidux and TinyME may differ in strengths and weaknesses, but in
    | the end, they are in the same way competent.
    `----

    http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/...-vs-sidux.html

    A Look at openSUSE 10.3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I found openSUSE to be an excellent operating system. On a scale of 10, I
    | would give it around a 9. I would take away that point for some glitches and
    | minor annoyances that I have encountered. The worst of them was when I tried
    | to install the Skype package that I had downloaded from the Skype website.
    `----

    http://www.linux.org/dist/reviews/suse103/suse10_3.html

    Related:

    Seduced by Sidux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Sidux may have successfully seduced me, but I have to wait and try the
    | Distribution Release so that I can properly and fully express my desire for
    | this fine distro. *
    `----

    http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/...-by-sidux.html

    sidux 2007-03 Review - The Sexiest.

    http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/163/1/

    Screenshots of Sidux 2007-03 preview1

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | By the way, another improvement *seen in sidux 2007-03 preview1 is the fonts
    | used.
    |
    | The Bitstream Vera Sans 11 *is *definitely *better! * Just *visit the
    | Distrowatch *with *the Iceweasal browser. *
    `----

    http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/159/1/

    Sidux 2007-02 - A Review

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Simply put, Sidux 2007-02 was a pleasure to use. The live CD
    | worked beautifully, as did the installer. The desktop is very
    | dark, but this is nice to see after using so many “light” distributions.
    `----

    http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/29...7-02-a-review/

    sidux 2007-02

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After 3 months of development we are proud to announce the
    | immediate availability of the sidux-2007-02...
    `----

    http://sidux.com/Article236.html

    sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel
    | 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully
    | functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot
    | sequence; largely adapted installer and graphical installer
    | front-end; enhanced installer for meta tasks; new artwork;o
    | ffline manual...
    `----

    http://osdir.com/Article9846.phtml

    Sidux: A live CD for Debian unstable

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's a rare distribution that impresses me before I've even tried it,
    | but sidux did just that when, a few hours after I'd downloaded and
    | burned a two-day-old preview release, the project announced that the
    | next release was available for download.
    `----

    http://distrocenter.linux.com/distro....shtml?tid=127

    SIDUX 2007-01 Linux LiveCD

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Screenshots gallery
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=655&num=1

    Testdriving Sidux 2007

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Sidux ships with a 2.6.20 kernel, Xorg 7.1.1, gcc 4.1.2, and KDE
    | 3.5.5. Iceweasel 2.0.0.1 appears to be the default browser and
    | OpenOffice.org is only at version 2.0.4. Besides what appears to
    | be most of the KDE apps, other apps include The Gimp, Amarok,
    | K3B, Kaffine, Scribus, XFMedia player, and Inkscape. There are a
    | few system configuration tools, but not a lot. Ksensors is
    | available through apt-get.
    `----

    http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/13870

    sidux -- a new star in the Linux galaxy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What's most impressive: the huge amount of user documentation
    | their documentation and translation teams have managed to write
    | up in the short amount of time (the sidux user manual is currently
    | available in English as well as Danish, Kroatian, Spanish and
    | German).
    `----

    http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2691

    sidux 2007-01 release

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | sidux is a full featured Debian Sid based live CD with a special
    | focus on hard disk installations, a clean upgrade path within
    | Sid and additional hard- and software support.
    `----

    http://sidux.com/Article116.html

    Sidux vs. Mint: Can You Live the Pure Open Source Life?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are valid and compelling reasons why one might want to use only
    | Open Source Software. Avoids any patent or IP legal issues, better
    | security, and encourages innovation are just a few. However, on the
    | other side of the argument there are justifiable reasons for the
    | inclusion of multimedia codecs, proprietary drivers, and closed
    | software in modern Linux distributions. Neither side is wrong.
    `----

    http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/16952

    ReviewLinux.Com: TinyME Packs a Big Punch

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | TinyME Test 6 was announced today on Distrowatch.Com and we thought we would
    | take a quick look at it. This little distro packs a big punch and we enjoyed
    | the ride. Take a short look at our Flash Video of TinyME Linux based on the
    | user friendly PCLinuxOS. *
    `----

    http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7082

    TinyMe Test 5 released!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The changes for test 5 are almost too numerous to mention. This will
    | hopefully be our last test release before TinyMe Final.
    `----

    http://www.mypclinuxos.com/tinyme/ti...st-5-released/

    TinyMe - The little distro that could

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This derivative version of PCLOS really is a tiny little gem that's slowly,
    | but surely growing into a much bigger diamond. *I look forward to the
    | eventual final release of this distribution in the near future. *
    `----

    http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=270

    Mini Review of a Tiny PCLOS

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | TinyMe is a scaled down version of PCLinuxOS 2007. The latest version
    | is delivered as a 177 MB liveCD and features the Lightweight X11
    | Desktop Enviroment, Synaptic, and the PCLinuxOS Control Center. It
    | comes with a few applications, so it could be a really light version
    | of PCLOS for older computers or a foundation on which to build your
    | own system as you choose.
    `----

    http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17717

  2. Re: [Rival] TinyME and Sidux Compared, OpenSUSE Reviewed

    So now you consider Linux to be a rival to Linux???

+ Reply to Thread