[News] New FSF Talks Available on the Web Covering GPLv3 and Software Patents - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] New FSF Talks Available on the Web Covering GPLv3 and Software Patents - Linux ; The Global Software Industry in Transformation: After GPLv3 ,----[ Quote ] | Where: Edinburgh, Scotland | | When: Tuesday 26 June 2007, 6.30 p.m. | | Who: Eben Moglen `---- http://www.softwarefreedom.org/events/2007/scl/ The Danger of Software Patents ,----[ Quote ] | ...

  1. [News] New FSF Talks Available on the Web Covering GPLv3 and Software Patents

    `----

    http://www.softwarefreedom.org/events/2007/scl/

    The Danger of Software Patents

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Today, Stallman will be talking about the danger of software patents. In fact
    | this is one of the most important aspect of the freedom of programming
    | because the aspect of software patents may make all programmers potential
    | lawbreakers because unknowingly they may be violating some of the patents
    | registered by some other company.
    `----

    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/stallm...ia.html#speech

    Related:

    FSF Says GPLv3 Means Microsoft Patent Protection for All

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.computerwire.com/industri...5-9939E5829EFC

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | [Allison: ] "Yes, that's true, actually. I mean I have had people come
    | up to me and essentially off the record admit that they had been
    | threatened by Microsoft and had got patent cross license and had
    | essentially taken out a license for Microsoft patents on the free
    | software that they were using [...] But they're not telling anyone
    | about it. They're completely doing it off the record."
    `----

    http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/02/11/1443211.shtml

    Novell: 'No One Can Stop Us From Selling Linux'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It was reported that those changes would preclude the inclusion of Linux in
    | third party distribution deals such as the one Novell recently signed with
    | Microsoft and "ban" Novell from selling future versions of Linux.
    `----

    http://www.informationweek.com/story...SSfeed_IWK_All

  2. Re: [News] New FSF Talks Available on the Web Covering GPLv3 and Software Patents

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:35:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    >The Global Software Industry in Transformation: After GPLv3
    >
    >,----[ Quote ]
    >| Where: Edinburgh, Scotland
    >|
    >| When: Tuesday 26 June 2007, 6.30 p.m.
    >|
    >| Who: Eben Moglen
    >`----
    >
    >http://www.softwarefreedom.org/events/2007/scl/
    >
    >The Danger of Software Patents

    Should I bring my own No-Doze or do they sell it on site?

+ Reply to Thread