Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company! - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company! - Linux ; On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:39:04 -0500, flatfish wrote: > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:52:40 -0500, Linonut > wrote: > >>* flatfish fired off this tart reply: >> >>> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:55:43 -0500, Linonut >>> wrote: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

  1. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:39:04 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:52:40 -0500, Linonut
    > wrote:
    >
    >>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>> I can almost guarentee you that DFS will agree with what Bill Cosby
    >>> says.
    >>>
    >>> Bill says, get off your ass, pull your pants up, tie the laces on your
    >>> $200 sneakers, forget about being a basketball star, respect your
    >>> women, bury your filthy RAP music and go out get an education so you
    >>> can get a better job and earn some respect not to mention a living so
    >>> you don't become yet another generation on welfare.
    >>>
    >>> I also have a deep respect for Roy Innis, the founder of CORE.
    >>>
    >>> Now why is it that the black community at large have so many problems
    >>> with Cosby and Innis?

    >>What makes you think that? He seemed pretty popular all around when he
    >>was here.
    >>
    >>> Because they tell it like it is instead of candy coating the subject.

    >>Funny. When I overhear black people in this area talking about social
    >>problems, they sound a lot like your paraphrasing of Cosby above.
    >>
    >>In other words, they sound mainstream, conservative, and devoted to
    >>family values.
    >>
    >>You and DFS simply magnify the problem child beyond all proportion.
    >>
    >>Now time for that stroll down America Street
    >>
    >> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Americ...i=map&ct=title

    > Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
    > Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
    > afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
    >
    > One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
    > Cosby is right.
    > Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    > exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
    reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
    slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
    by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
    should reject white society and values?

    --
    Kier

  2. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    Linonut wrote:

    >* chrisv fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>>The local Med. U. had Bill Cosby here as a speaker a couple of years ago.
    >>>
    >>>My wife attended, and was very impressed with his bearing, his
    >>>intelligence, and his attitude.
    >>>
    >>>DFS would do well to emulate the example of Bill Cosby.
    >>>
    >>>Hell, even I would be improved!

    >> Yeah, I love the way he's come-out publicly against the idiotic slang
    >> that so many American blacks have adapted...

    >Groovy man. Far out! Like hip! I dig it. Been there done that.
    >That's showing some real testicular fortitude. It's the bomb.
    >It's the schizzle! WTF! LMAO!
    >
    >Are you kidding me? Slang is the lifeblood of every frickin' community
    >on Earth! You should bone up on a couple of Steven Pinker books.

    Stuff like "what it be"? Bill disagrees.

  3. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:47:51 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
    >reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
    >slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
    >by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
    >should reject white society and values?

    I agree with you but the cycle must be broken and skipping school to
    shoot hoops in the hope that you will become an NBA star is not the
    way to do it.
    Neither is making babies at the age of 12.

    Nor is following so called "black leaders" like Sharpton, Jackson and
    Farrakhan who feed off the black situation like parasites.

    How do explain the Asian immigrants who come to USA with virtually
    nothing and start businesses, put the next generation through school
    and generally live the American dream?

    Even the illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border just want to
    come here for a better life and in general work very hard at menial
    jobs with the hopes of someday becoming a success.

    Now go and take a walk through that ghetto and look around and you
    will soon see the problem.

  4. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:18:39 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:47:51 +0000, Kier wrote:
    >

    >>You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
    >>reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
    >>slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
    >>by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
    >>should reject white society and values?

    > I agree with you but the cycle must be broken and skipping school to
    > shoot hoops in the hope that you will become an NBA star is not the
    > way to do it.

    Sport has actually been one of the tradition ways of escape. Though of
    course not all succeed.

    > Neither is making babies at the age of 12.

    True, but that is by no means confined to the black community.

    > Nor is following so called "black leaders" like Sharpton, Jackson and
    > Farrakhan who feed off the black situation like parasites.

    They could do better, but they too have their own reasons for distrusting
    white society.

    > How do explain the Asian immigrants who come to USA with virtually
    > nothing and start businesses, put the next generation through school
    > and generally live the American dream?

    To begin with, they mostly don't have the historical baggage that blacks
    carry - they are not the descendants of slaves, for the most part.

    > Even the illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border just want to
    > come here for a better life and in general work very hard at menial
    > jobs with the hopes of someday becoming a success.

    Yes - and look how they are very often treated.

    > Now go and take a walk through that ghetto and look around and you
    > will soon see the problem.

    Not all blacks live in the getto, not all blacks are lazy or criminal. Not
    all whites are hardworking and law-abiding.

    --
    Kier

  5. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.11.30.16.47.49.627333@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:39:04 -0500, flatfish wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:52:40 -0500, Linonut
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>>What makes you think that? He seemed pretty popular all around when he
    >>>was here.

    >>>Funny. When I overhear black people in this area talking about social
    >>>problems, they sound a lot like your paraphrasing of Cosby above.
    >>>
    >>>In other words, they sound mainstream, conservative, and devoted to
    >>>family values.
    >>>
    >>>You and DFS simply magnify the problem child beyond all proportion.
    >>>
    >>>Now time for that stroll down America Street
    >>>

    >>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Americ...i=map&ct=title

    >> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
    >> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
    >> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
    >>
    >> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
    >> Cosby is right.
    >> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    >> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    > You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
    > reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
    > slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
    > by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
    > should reject white society and values?

    I have nothing against blacks. I actually had a black roomate my sophmore
    year at the university and we got along fine. I'm about to do a little
    "generalizing" here and obviously this doesn't apply to *every* black
    person. Just as a "generalization" wouldn't apply to all white people.

    The biggest problem is that black people have no leadership. There's nobody
    like Dr. Martin Luther King to lift them. Unfortunately their "leaders" are
    a bunch of worthless race-pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who are
    smart enough to realize that they can make a good living for themselves by
    constantly treating the rest of the black community as victims.

    Sadly the black community generally wants to be treated as professional
    victims. It's easy to blame your failures on "somebody else" (the white man)
    instead of facing up to your own failures. Don't bother learning proper
    English. Don't bother learning how to read and write. Go have 8 kids with 8
    different fathers by the age of 23. Sit around and smoke dope and drink beer
    all day instead of studying or working. It's not your fault... it's that
    damn "white man" keeping you down.

    That's much easier than what the immigrants from Europe and Asia do which is
    educate yourself and work. Funny that when immigrants come from these places
    who don't even speak the language they are able to succeed and do just fine
    for themselves. They don't need to play the role of a "professional victim"
    to justify their failures. Other immigrants don't need to make excuses for
    failure because if anyone works hard enough they will NOT fail. Europeans
    and Asians are able to both learn English (real english.. .not ghetto talk),
    go to school, work and succeed all at the same time.

    The black community needs to top making excuses and take a good long look at
    it itself. It's not failing because of whites, europeans, asians, mexicans,
    etc. It's failing itself.

  6. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:40:18 -0500, Walter Smeddler wrote:

    > "Kier" wrote in message
    > newsan.2007.11.30.16.47.49.627333@tiscali.co.uk...
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:39:04 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    >>> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
    >>> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
    >>> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
    >>>
    >>> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
    >>> Cosby is right.
    >>> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    >>> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    >> You are missing the most obvious point - they behave like that for a
    >> reason. Try imagining for once in your life that your entire race has been
    >> slandered, mistreated, enslaved, traduced and marginalised for *centuries*
    >> by white people. Then ask yourself why it surprised anyone many blacks
    >> should reject white society and values?
    >>

    > I have nothing against blacks. I actually had a black roomate my sophmore
    > year at the university and we got along fine. I'm about to do a little
    > "generalizing" here and obviously this doesn't apply to *every* black
    > person. Just as a "generalization" wouldn't apply to all white people.
    >
    > The biggest problem is that black people have no leadership. There's nobody
    > like Dr. Martin Luther King to lift them. Unfortunately their "leaders" are

    Well, they don't have Dr. King because he was murdered.

    > a bunch of worthless race-pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who are
    > smart enough to realize that they can make a good living for themselves by
    > constantly treating the rest of the black community as victims.
    >
    > Sadly the black community generally wants to be treated as professional
    > victims. It's easy to blame your failures on "somebody else" (the white man)

    This may be true. But it's not an easy matter to move on.

    > instead of facing up to your own failures. Don't bother learning proper
    > English. Don't bother learning how to read and write. Go have 8 kids with 8
    > different fathers by the age of 23. Sit around and smoke dope and drink beer

    Failings that are not confined to the black community.

    > all day instead of studying or working. It's not your fault... it's that
    > damn "white man" keeping you down.
    >
    > That's much easier than what the immigrants from Europe and Asia do which is
    > educate yourself and work. Funny that when immigrants come from these places
    > who don't even speak the language they are able to succeed and do just fine
    > for themselves. They don't need to play the role of a "professional victim"
    > to justify their failures. Other immigrants don't need to make excuses for
    > failure because if anyone works hard enough they will NOT fail. Europeans
    > and Asians are able to both learn English (real english.. .not ghetto talk),
    > go to school, work and succeed all at the same time.

    On the contrary, many of them never learn it - they remain in their little
    ethnic groups, and never move outside them.

    > The black community needs to top making excuses and take a good long look at
    > it itself. It's not failing because of whites, europeans, asians, mexicans,
    > etc. It's failing itself.

    Perhaps. But there are ample reasons why this is so. Try asking a black
    man who served his country during WW2 how he and his fellow black
    soldiers were treated.

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:31:30 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >Sport has actually been one of the tradition ways of escape. Though of
    >course not all succeed.

    The number is infintessimal and besides there is nothing wrong with
    getting an education and doing sports at the same time.

    >> Neither is making babies at the age of 12.

    >True, but that is by no means confined to the black community.

    No, but it is common and unfortunately accepted as a way of life
    instead of "ooops I did it again".

    >> Nor is following so called "black leaders" like Sharpton, Jackson and
    >> Farrakhan who feed off the black situation like parasites.

    >They could do better, but they too have their own reasons for distrusting
    >white society.

    Of course they do.
    Chief amongst them is $$$$$$

    >> How do explain the Asian immigrants who come to USA with virtually
    >> nothing and start businesses, put the next generation through school
    >> and generally live the American dream?

    >To begin with, they mostly don't have the historical baggage that blacks
    >carry - they are not the descendants of slaves, for the most part.

    Cop out.

    The Asians can;t even speak the language, are coming from another
    country.
    The blacks are already here and speak the language.

    The difference is drive and determination along with self respect and
    a belief in family values and the work ethic.
    As opposed to instant gratification.

    >> Even the illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border just want to
    >> come here for a better life and in general work very hard at menial
    >> jobs with the hopes of someday becoming a success.

    >Yes - and look how they are very often treated.

    I have mixed opinions on this.
    I would prefer to see them enter legally but there is no denying that
    most are very hard workers and cause few troubles.

    >> Now go and take a walk through that ghetto and look around and you
    >> will soon see the problem.

    >Not all blacks live in the getto, not all blacks are lazy or criminal. Not
    >all whites are hardworking and law-abiding.

    Of course not but statistics don't lie and they are getting worse for
    the black population even with all the programs and assistance
    available to them these days.
    All one has to do is stay in school, get decent grades and college is
    just about a given.

  8. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.11.30.17.48.04.606833@tiscali.co.uk...
> [...]

    >> to justify their failures. Other immigrants don't need to make excuses
    >> for
    >> failure because if anyone works hard enough they will NOT fail. Europeans
    >> and Asians are able to both learn English (real english.. .not ghetto
    >> talk),
    >> go to school, work and succeed all at the same time.

    > On the contrary, many of them never learn it - they remain in their little
    > ethnic groups, and never move outside them.
    >

    >> The black community needs to top making excuses and take a good long look
    >> at
    >> it itself. It's not failing because of whites, europeans, asians,
    >> mexicans,
    >> etc. It's failing itself.

    > Perhaps. But there are ample reasons why this is so. Try asking a black
    > man who served his country during WW2 how he and his fellow black

    I agree that there were definitely a lot of injustices in the past. Your
    WWII example is just one of them. There's also the Korean War, Vietnam and
    then there's the grand daddy of them all... slavery. What happened in the
    past wasn't right but todays young black youth weren't slaves and didn't
    serve in WWII, Korean or Vietnam so they can't use that as an excuse. Todays
    black youth has more available to them in terms of grants, subsidies,
    scholarships and what-not than any other race. They should take advantage of
    this instead of complaining how the white-man owes them because of what
    happened 150 years ago with slavery. I'm a young white man and I never owned
    a slave and neither did anyone in my family tree. Why should I be forced to
    pay for someone elses mistakes?

  9. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:48:12 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >Perhaps. But there are ample reasons why this is so. Try asking a black
    >man who served his country during WW2 how he and his fellow black
    >soldiers were treated.

    They were treated horribly and it's just been recently that they are
    getting the credit and honor that they deserve. Sadly it's too late
    for most of them.
    Slavery was wrong.
    So was the British vs Irish/Scots/etc, The Vikings vs everyone, The
    Huns vs whomever etc....
    History is full of war, prisoners and slavery.

    The black community needs real leaders, like Roy Innis, Wynton and
    Branford Marsalis and some others instead of Sharpton, Jackson and
    people like OJ Simpson, who many blacks feel didn't kill his wife and
    her friend.
    Worshiping overpaid, slimy athletes and entertainment people is no way
    to live life.
    Take a look at TV.
    Ever see the show "Cribs" ?
    It's a disgusting example of the 'me generation' and instant
    gratification.

  10. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Americ...i=map&ct=title

    > Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
    > Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
    > afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
    >
    > One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
    > Cosby is right.

    Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
    instead.

    > Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    > exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

    --
    Tux rox!

  11. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    * chrisv fired off this tart reply:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>* chrisv fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>Groovy man. Far out! Like hip! I dig it. Been there done that.
    >>That's showing some real testicular fortitude. It's the bomb.
    >>It's the schizzle! WTF! LMAO!
    >>
    >>Are you kidding me? Slang is the lifeblood of every frickin' community
    >>on Earth! You should bone up on a couple of Steven Pinker books.

    > Stuff like "what it be"? Bill disagrees.

    Too bad Bill ain't no way a linguist. I could care less what he say.
    He done snowed hisself. The sun-bitch thinks people talk like business
    folk alla time? I'd like to catch him talkin' to his posse when they
    all alone in 'is sty!

    Is jess the same ez Hadron 'n his dogz tryin' to clamp down on Linux
    die-ver-sah-teh! Ain' no way, sly. People do what they no, ain'
    nuttin' you gonna do 'bout. Cloud talk, dude.

    --
    Tux rox!

  12. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    >* flatfish fired off this tart reply:
    >

    >>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Americ...i=map&ct=title

    >> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
    >> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
    >> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
    >>
    >> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
    >> Cosby is right.

    > Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
    > instead.

    From all the information I see the median white family household income is
    60% higher than that of a black family. When it comes to the "upper income"
    brackets ($100k or more) the ratio of white to blacks is more than 2 to 1.

    So if one were to stroll through a higher-income neighborhood you'd be far
    less likely to see as many black people. It's not racist. It's simply a
    fact. Unless you're trying to claim that like linux, black income "can't be
    measured."

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104552.html

    >> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    >> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    > And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

    Just about every statistics shows far beyond any reasonable doubt or error
    of margin that the black race is underperforming all other races in this
    country. (Including hispanics and MOST DEFINITELY underperforming Asians.)

  13. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:40 -0500, Linonut
    wrote:

    >* flatfish fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >>> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Americ...i=map&ct=title

    >> Because if you look at statistics, they show the problem full well and
    >> Cosby and Innis are getting to the source of the problem without being
    >> afraid of stepping on peoples toes.
    >>
    >> One stroll through your local ghetto is more than enough to prove that
    >> Cosby is right.

    >Well, why don't you just stroll through a higher-income neighborhood
    >instead.

    I do every day during my morning stroll on the beach.

    >> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    >> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    >And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

    The black community is in serious trouble.

  14. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    * Walter Smeddler fired off this tart reply:

    > From all the information I see the median white family household income is
    > 60% higher than that of a black family. When it comes to the "upper income"
    > brackets ($100k or more) the ratio of white to blacks is more than 2 to 1.
    >
    > So if one were to stroll through a higher-income neighborhood you'd be far
    > less likely to see as many black people. It's not racist. It's simply a
    > fact. Unless you're trying to claim that like linux, black income "can't be
    > measured."

    Doesn't matter. Pick neighborhoods of comparable income, and let me
    know what you find out about the people that live there.

    >> And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

    > Just about every statistics shows far beyond any reasonable doubt or error
    > of margin that the black race is underperforming all other races in this
    > country. (Including hispanics and MOST DEFINITELY underperforming Asians.)

    So what? Are you trying to say that "blacks" (race is somewhat of a
    meaningless concept, scientifically) are of inferior genetic stock?
    Or that white bias still continues, and is emphasized in the poorer
    areas?

    --
    Tux rox!

  15. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    * flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:40 -0500, Linonut
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Behavior, attitude etc that Cosby speaks of is the norm not the
    >>> exception. The statistics prove that beyond doubt.

    >>And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

    > The black community is in serious trouble.

    You're ascribing a uniformity of condition that is definitely /not/
    there.

    You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black
    people? Find me a bad neighborhood."

    --
    Tux rox!

  16. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:50:15 -0500, Linonut
    wrote:

    >* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>>And just what do they prove, hmmmm?

    >> The black community is in serious trouble.

    >You're ascribing a uniformity of condition that is definitely /not/
    >there.
    >
    >You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black
    >people? Find me a bad neighborhood."

    Pick one.
    Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
    Guess what the demographics are?

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/

    How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?

    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html

    I've been to several of them for example:

    Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
    Don't even ask.........
    It looks like Dresden after the war.

    Guess what these cities have in common?

  17. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:37:32 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:50:15 -0500, Linonut
    > wrote:
    >
    >>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>> The black community is in serious trouble.

    >>You're ascribing a uniformity of condition that is definitely /not/
    >>there.
    >>
    >>You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black
    >>people? Find me a bad neighborhood."

    > Pick one.
    > Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
    > Guess what the demographics are?
    >
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/
    >
    > How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?
    >
    > http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html
    >
    > I've been to several of them for example:
    >
    > Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
    > Don't even ask.........
    > It looks like Dresden after the war.
    >
    > Guess what these cities have in common?

    Poverty.

    --
    Kier

  18. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On 2007-12-01, Kier claimed:
    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:37:32 -0500, flatfish wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:50:15 -0500, Linonut
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>>You're ascribing a uniformity of condition that is definitely /not/
    >>>there.
    >>>
    >>>You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black
    >>>people? Find me a bad neighborhood."

    >> Pick one.
    >> Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
    >> Guess what the demographics are?
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/
    >>
    >> How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?
    >>
    >> http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html
    >>
    >> I've been to several of them for example:
    >>
    >> Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
    >> Don't even ask.........
    >> It looks like Dresden after the war.
    >>
    >> Guess what these cities have in common?

    > Poverty.

    Flatso just admonished me by proxy in another thread, claiming I "know
    nothing" about the flat-headed one except for some "fantasies" I read
    here. "Fantasies" which Flattie just exposed to you above. "Fantasies"
    which have been told over and over, and s/h/it has argued in the
    affirmative for them multiple times over the years.

    Flathead now supports my very point in that other thread that s/h/it is
    a racist pig who wouldn't give a drop of water to non-white people, but
    who might be coaxed into providing materials harmful to them. A stance
    s/h/it's brother Doofie is proud of holding himself.

    Thank you for being so forthright (once again) about your position
    vis-a-vis the color of people's skin, Flatfart. I would like to advise
    you, though, to try also telling the truth within the thread where you
    take issue with someone making claims about your position. Denying them
    in one place while espousing the same positions unprovoked in another
    only highlights the instability that exists within that fragile,
    mixed-up, delusional and (I think) psychotic head of yours.

    --
    Free speech: your legal right to be a bonehead in public, Flats.

  19. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 07:11:45 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:37:32 -0500, flatfish wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:50:15 -0500, Linonut
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>* flatfish fired off this tart reply:

    >>>You're ascribing a uniformity of condition that is definitely /not/
    >>>there.
    >>>
    >>>You guys seem to be saying "You want me to find you some bad black
    >>>people? Find me a bad neighborhood."

    >> Pick one.
    >> Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
    >> Guess what the demographics are?
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/
    >>
    >> How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?
    >>
    >> http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html
    >>
    >> I've been to several of them for example:
    >>
    >> Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
    >> Don't even ask.........
    >> It looks like Dresden after the war.
    >>
    >> Guess what these cities have in common?

    >Poverty.

    I dunno, I see a lot of fancy looking cars with huge chrome wheels
    when I travel through the hood.
    I also see houses with multiple sattelite dishes on them.
    Poverty can strike anyone at any time but when it goes on for
    generations something is wrong.

  20. Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

    On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:48:15 -0600, Sinister Midget
    wrote:

    >On 2007-12-01, Kier claimed:
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:37:32 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    >>> Pick one.
    >>> Detroit was just recently named most dangerous city in the USA.
    >>> Guess what the demographics are?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21870766/
    >>>
    >>> How about the most and least dangerous cities in the USA?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921299.html
    >>>
    >>> I've been to several of them for example:
    >>>
    >>> Camden N.J. is right on the road to Atlantic City.
    >>> Don't even ask.........
    >>> It looks like Dresden after the war.
    >>>
    >>> Guess what these cities have in common?

    >> Poverty.

    >Flatso just admonished me by proxy in another thread, claiming I "know
    >nothing" about the flat-headed one except for some "fantasies" I read
    >here. "Fantasies" which Flattie just exposed to you above. "Fantasies"
    >which have been told over and over, and s/h/it has argued in the
    >affirmative for them multiple times over the years.
    >
    >Flathead now supports my very point in that other thread that s/h/it is
    >a racist pig who wouldn't give a drop of water to non-white people, but
    >who might be coaxed into providing materials harmful to them. A stance
    >s/h/it's brother Doofie is proud of holding himself.
    >
    >Thank you for being so forthright (once again) about your position
    >vis-a-vis the color of people's skin, Flatfart. I would like to advise
    >you, though, to try also telling the truth within the thread where you
    >take issue with someone making claims about your position. Denying them
    >in one place while espousing the same positions unprovoked in another
    >only highlights the instability that exists within that fragile,
    >mixed-up, delusional and (I think) psychotic head of yours.

    The problem with some people is that they call a person who presents
    the facts a racist because they really have no other explanation for
    the situation.
    It's politically correct on steroids.

    Blaming people isn't going to solve anything.
    This is the USA where people can make anything they want out of their
    lives. Mexicans are risking death to climb over fences and come here
    for the purpose of working yet others who already live here, and that
    includes all races, sit anc collect welfare checks as they make babies
    they can't afford to feed.

    Sorry but it's a cruel world and burying the facts just to be
    politically correct is no way pull onself up, get an education and
    make something out of life instead of sponging and more than likely
    ending up in jail.