Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement - Linux ; On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:44:28 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov wrote: > Good news for Linux - Novell continue to embrace Microsoft's track > record of getting products out there onto desktops. > > "REDMOND, Wash., and WALTHAM, Mass.— 08 Nov ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement

  1. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:44:28 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov
    wrote:

    > Good news for Linux - Novell continue to embrace Microsoft's track
    > record of getting products out there onto desktops.
    >
    > "REDMOND, Wash., and WALTHAM, Mass.— 08 Nov 2007— One year after signing
    > a landmark agreement to build a bridge between open source and
    > proprietary software, Novell and Microsoft Corp. today unveiled
    > continued strong momentum behind the agreement."
    >
    > "Having exceeded their original business targets, the companies continue
    > to see strong demand for interoperability and intellectual property (IP)
    > peace of mind. In addition, Novell and Microsoft announced an expansion
    > of their technical collaboration to create a cross-platform
    > accessibility model that links together the existing Windows and Linux*
    > frameworks used to build assistive technology products that enable
    > people with disabilities to interact with computers."
    >
    > This can only be good news for Linux users everywhere. Microsoft's
    > skills at targeting corporate desktops and servers with Novell's
    > knowledge of whats hot and whats not in the Open Source jungle.


    Probably it's rather more good news for Microsoft, who are looking
    forward in future to clinging to the coat-tails of Linux as their
    prospects of cornering the world market in computing disappear down the
    tubes.

    Whether Linux will accept them, of course, is moot, as Microsoft seem to
    have very little to contribute to the future of computing.


  2. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    Robin T Cox writes:

    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:44:28 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Good news for Linux - Novell continue to embrace Microsoft's track
    >> record of getting products out there onto desktops.
    >>
    >> "REDMOND, Wash., and WALTHAM, Mass.— 08 Nov 2007— One year after signing
    >> a landmark agreement to build a bridge between open source and
    >> proprietary software, Novell and Microsoft Corp. today unveiled
    >> continued strong momentum behind the agreement."
    >>
    >> "Having exceeded their original business targets, the companies continue
    >> to see strong demand for interoperability and intellectual property (IP)
    >> peace of mind. In addition, Novell and Microsoft announced an expansion
    >> of their technical collaboration to create a cross-platform
    >> accessibility model that links together the existing Windows and Linux*
    >> frameworks used to build assistive technology products that enable
    >> people with disabilities to interact with computers."
    >>
    >> This can only be good news for Linux users everywhere. Microsoft's
    >> skills at targeting corporate desktops and servers with Novell's
    >> knowledge of whats hot and whats not in the Open Source jungle.

    >
    > Probably it's rather more good news for Microsoft, who are looking
    > forward in future to clinging to the coat-tails of Linux as their
    > prospects of cornering the world market in computing disappear down the
    > tubes.
    >
    > Whether Linux will accept them, of course, is moot, as Microsoft seem to
    > have very little to contribute to the future of computing.
    >


    I am confused. What do you mean? Linux has almost no desktop presence
    and M$ has nearly it all. M$ and Windoze already cornered the
    market. What are you meaning here? Or am I not understanding something
    here in the figures you talk about?

    --
    The system will be down for 10 days for preventive maintenance.

  3. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    Peter Krnkwonov wrote:

    > Robin T Cox writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:44:28 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Good news for Linux - Novell continue to embrace Microsoft's track
    >>> record of getting products out there onto desktops.
    >>>
    >>> "REDMOND, Wash., and WALTHAM, Mass.? 08 Nov 2007? One year after signing
    >>> a landmark agreement to build a bridge between open source and
    >>> proprietary software, Novell and Microsoft Corp. today unveiled
    >>> continued strong momentum behind the agreement."
    >>>
    >>> "Having exceeded their original business targets, the companies continue
    >>> to see strong demand for interoperability and intellectual property (IP)
    >>> peace of mind. In addition, Novell and Microsoft announced an expansion
    >>> of their technical collaboration to create a cross-platform
    >>> accessibility model that links together the existing Windows and Linux*
    >>> frameworks used to build assistive technology products that enable
    >>> people with disabilities to interact with computers."
    >>>
    >>> This can only be good news for Linux users everywhere. Microsoft's
    >>> skills at targeting corporate desktops and servers with Novell's
    >>> knowledge of whats hot and whats not in the Open Source jungle.

    >>
    >> Probably it's rather more good news for Microsoft, who are looking
    >> forward in future to clinging to the coat-tails of Linux as their
    >> prospects of cornering the world market in computing disappear down the
    >> tubes.
    >>
    >> Whether Linux will accept them, of course, is moot, as Microsoft seem to
    >> have very little to contribute to the future of computing.
    >>

    >
    > I am confused. What do you mean? Linux has almost no desktop presence
    > and M$ has nearly it all. M$ and Windoze already cornered the
    > market. What are you meaning here? Or am I not understanding something
    > here in the figures you talk about?



    That statement falsely assumes you have some approved tool to measure
    Linux desktop usage.

    Linux is distributed not sold, and hence whatever means you
    are using to measure Linux desktop usage is flawed until someone
    brings out some measurement system that works and gets approved.

    Linux is expanding at the rate of one million new desktops per month
    and the rate is increasing.

    Wallmart sold out 10,000 of their Linux PCs in 10 days.
    Ebuyer has sold out of eSys machines.
    Tesco has sold out of their 134 pound machines only the
    184 pound machine is still available.
    Amazon sold out their Linux ebook gadget in hours.
    Ausus eee - can't get them anywhere any time soon.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com



  4. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement

    Peter Kränkwonov wrote:

    > I am confused. What do you mean? Linux has almost no desktop
    > presence and M$ has nearly it all. M$ and Windoze already
    > cornered the market. What are you meaning here? Or am I not
    > understanding something here in the figures you talk about?


    Hmmm, no presence, eh? Then why are you using it?

    User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express (WINE 0.9.49 auf Suse 10)

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Peter Kränkwonov wrote:
    >
    >> I am confused. What do you mean? Linux has almost no desktop
    >> presence and M$ has nearly it all. M$ and Windoze already
    >> cornered the market. What are you meaning here? Or am I not
    >> understanding something here in the figures you talk about?

    >
    > Hmmm, no presence, eh? Then why are you using it?
    >
    > User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express (WINE 0.9.49 auf Suse 10)


    I am confused. Where did I say "no" presence? Why are you lying and
    misrepresenting what I say?

    The previous emailer said that MS needs linux to corner the market. All
    numbers I know say that they did this a long time ago. Linux has almost
    no desktop presence based on populated figures. Well I am sure you
    would not think 2% is a big presence? I use Linux but it does not mean
    everyone does. I own a 1980 Mercedes 280 SE but I don't assume everyone
    else has one, no but I am quite a minority. Why is this trouble for you?
    Or you are another of these people who think every one is like them? I
    see from your other posts you don't use Linux much or know much about it
    but as a new user maybe you can learn something about the statistics before
    you look stupid since it seems you must learn.

    >
    > User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express (WINE 0.9.49 auf Suse 10)


    Yes. And? I use OE at work so use it at home too - it took some
    tinkering to get it to work but its working mostly perfect now. With
    Linux underneath I dont have to worry about virus and trojans
    either. best of both worlds - Windoze SW with the integrity and safety
    of Linux.


  6. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:44:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    >No, it is not. Linux was doing fine before Microsoft decided that it needs to
    >be 'taxed'. It essentially 'bribed' Novell to accept guilt.



    Thorazine is your friend Roy Schestowitz.
    And please get a new tinfoil hat?
    The one you are wearing appears defective.

  7. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    flatfish writes:

    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:44:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    >>No, it is not. Linux was doing fine before Microsoft decided that it needs to
    >>be 'taxed'. It essentially 'bribed' Novell to accept guilt.

    >
    >
    > Thorazine is your friend Roy Schestowitz.
    > And please get a new tinfoil hat?
    > The one you are wearing appears defective.


    Aha. Now I understand more clearly. Roy is the resident denial person?
    Always thinking the world is owing him a living and making a lot of
    noise. This explains his views that Novell was doing great while falling
    off the Nasdaq. Here that would be called failing and not doing great. I
    think he can be filtered then (he posts a lot - is he working for
    Novel?)

  8. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:57:15 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    wrote:

    >High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> Peter Krnkwonov wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am confused. What do you mean? Linux has almost no desktop
    >>> presence and M$ has nearly it all. M$ and Windoze already
    >>> cornered the market. What are you meaning here? Or am I not
    >>> understanding something here in the figures you talk about?

    >>
    >> Hmmm, no presence, eh? Then why are you using it?
    >>
    >> User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express (WINE 0.9.49 auf Suse 10)

    >
    >I am confused. Where did I say "no" presence? Why are you lying and
    >misrepresenting what I say?
    >
    >The previous emailer said that MS needs linux to corner the market. All
    >numbers I know say that they did this a long time ago. Linux has almost
    >no desktop presence based on populated figures. Well I am sure you
    >would not think 2% is a big presence? I use Linux but it does not mean
    >everyone does. I own a 1980 Mercedes 280 SE but I don't assume everyone
    >else has one, no but I am quite a minority. Why is this trouble for you?
    >Or you are another of these people who think every one is like them? I
    >see from your other posts you don't use Linux much or know much about it
    >but as a new user maybe you can learn something about the statistics before
    >you look stupid since it seems you must learn.
    >
    >>
    >> User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express (WINE 0.9.49 auf Suse 10)

    >
    >Yes. And? I use OE at work so use it at home too - it took some
    >tinkering to get it to work but its working mostly perfect now. With
    >Linux underneath I dont have to worry about virus and trojans
    >either. best of both worlds - Windoze SW with the integrity and safety
    >of Linux.



    You are dealing with radical Linux loonies Peter.
    I sort of agree with what you are saying, but at the same time I can
    understand why the Linux loonies are going ape ****z over this deal.
    They are paranoid loonies.
    Unfortunately with the radical Linux loonie, it's either all or
    nothing.
    You can't be midstream.

    People like thumper, Roy, Mark Kent, Willy 'filters' Poaster are doing
    more harm to Linux than all the trolls put together.

    BTW you know you've won the discussion when they, the Linux loonies,
    start digging up your broswer id string.
    Get ready for the spelling police next!



  9. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

    > You are talking to flatfish


    I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ov&qt_s=Search
    http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...ov&btnG=Search

    With or without accents -- same result. Next waterskidoo maybe.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
    http://Schestowitz.com | GNU is Not UNIX | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    http://iuron.com - proposing a non-profit search engine

  10. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >
    > No, it was a choice that they made because of the need for freedom,
    > independence, and innovation. Gates has begun dumping a $3 Office/Windows
    > bundle, but Kerala has some smart people. It realises that Gates just wants to
    > get children (to whom this offer applies) 'addicted' and locked in.


    Well, I am not so sure. I worked in Kerala for a while. And for sure
    there is something funny here too.

  11. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____
    >
    >> You are talking to flatfish

    >
    > I think this might be another new nym of Gary.


    Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

  12. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:43:31 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:


    >I don't need the words. I have solid evidence that is publicly available,

    No you don't.

    You have a slew of messages, that YOU have posted, many of which refer
    back to your own collection of blogs, boycott sites and such to offer
    your so called proof.

    IOW: The sky is green.
    Why?
    Because?
    Because why?
    Because the sky is green.

    You've polluted the Internet with your garbage to the point where
    searching on schestowitz+ 'just about anything' will bring up hits all
    over the place.

    And THAT was your motive all along.

    Somewhere along the way it backfired though.....

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

    ....and that is a mild one...


  13. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    wrote:

    >Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Peter Khlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____
    >>
    >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >>
    >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >
    >Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    >This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.


    These nuts think I am gary Stewert.

    Ask them for proof....

    In fact I'll tell you where it came from.

    A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    being Gary Stewart.
    He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    were skeptical.

    For the record, he left COLA in a hurry shortly after posting that
    because he was convinced that Microsoft and it's allies were
    threatening his family with bodily harm.

    Can you say loony tune?????

    So that's where it came from.....

    Why not ask Roy for proof?

    You won't get it....

    That's because it does not exist....

    BTW, here is the post where mjcr goes skitzo (sp?)

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....64c6e578019d77

    Oh yea, mjcr posts here to this day.
    Under a different name of course.

  14. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    Peter Kränkwonov wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____
    >>
    >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >>
    >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >
    > Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    > This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.


    Good

    Nice to know your intentions, fool
    --
    Warning: You have moved the mouse.
    Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent


  15. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    flatfish writes:

    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Kränkwonov
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____
    >>>
    >>>> You are talking to flatfish
    >>>
    >>> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >>
    >>Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    >>This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

    >
    > These nuts think I am gary Stewert.
    >


    Actually from another post I think they are thinking I am Gary someone.


    > Ask them for proof....


    Can I have proof?

    >
    > In fact I'll tell you where it came from.
    >
    > A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    > being Gary Stewart.
    > He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    > were skeptical.
    >
    > For the record, he left COLA in a hurry shortly after posting that
    > because he was convinced that Microsoft and it's allies were
    > threatening his family with bodily harm.
    >
    > Can you say loony tune?????
    >
    > So that's where it came from.....
    >
    > Why not ask Roy for proof?
    >
    > You won't get it....
    >
    > That's because it does not exist....
    >
    > BTW, here is the post where mjcr goes skitzo (sp?)
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....64c6e578019d77
    >
    > Oh yea, mjcr posts here to this day.
    > Under a different name of course.


    Which name so I know to ignore him. He sounds of paranoied tendencies.

    --
    En la naturaleza, no hay castigos ni premios, solo consecuencias.
    -- Proverbio chino.

  16. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement

    On Nov 28, 4:50 pm, flatfish wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >
    > >> ____/ Peter Khlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

    >
    > >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >
    > >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >
    > >Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    > >This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

    >
    > These nuts think I am gary Stewert.
    >
    > Ask them for proof....
    >
    > In fact I'll tell you where it came from.
    >
    > A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    > being Gary Stewart.
    > He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    > were skeptical.
    >


    Who's Gary Stewart though? Is there something about the name "Gary
    Stewart" I don't know? It seems like such an arbitrary thing. If "Gary
    Stewart" is nobody, then what difference does it make if you are or
    aren't? If I call you Chris Jackson all the time, but Chris Jackson is
    nobody important, then what ****ing difference does it make? I might
    as well call you flatfish. I guess what I'm trying to say is, should I
    know who Gary Stewart is?

  17. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:09:27 -0800 (PST), cc
    wrote:

    >On Nov 28, 4:50 pm, flatfish wrote:
    >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >>
    >> >> ____/ Peter Khlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

    >>
    >> >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >>
    >> >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >>
    >> >Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    >> >This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

    >>
    >> These nuts think I am gary Stewert.
    >>
    >> Ask them for proof....
    >>
    >> In fact I'll tell you where it came from.
    >>
    >> A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    >> being Gary Stewart.
    >> He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    >> were skeptical.
    >>

    >
    >Who's Gary Stewart though? Is there something about the name "Gary
    >Stewart" I don't know? It seems like such an arbitrary thing. If "Gary
    >Stewart" is nobody, then what difference does it make if you are or
    >aren't? If I call you Chris Jackson all the time, but Chris Jackson is
    >nobody important, then what ****ing difference does it make? I might
    >as well call you flatfish. I guess what I'm trying to say is, should I
    >know who Gary Stewart is?


    Ask them for proof.
    They won't/can't offer any because there is none.

    It's just another lie that has become an urban legend in COLA.
    Personally I think it's hysterical, especially when the loonies
    started calling all the Gary Stewarts in the NYC phone book!

    Now THAT is funny.

  18. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement

    On Nov 28, 5:27 pm, flatfish wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:09:27 -0800 (PST), cc
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >On Nov 28, 4:50 pm, flatfish wrote:
    > >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    > >> wrote:

    >
    > >> >Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >
    > >> >> ____/ Peter Khlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

    >
    > >> >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >
    > >> >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >
    > >> >Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    > >> >This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

    >
    > >> These nuts think I am gary Stewert.

    >
    > >> Ask them for proof....

    >
    > >> In fact I'll tell you where it came from.

    >
    > >> A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    > >> being Gary Stewart.
    > >> He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    > >> were skeptical.

    >
    > >Who's Gary Stewart though? Is there something about the name "Gary
    > >Stewart" I don't know? It seems like such an arbitrary thing. If "Gary
    > >Stewart" is nobody, then what difference does it make if you are or
    > >aren't? If I call you Chris Jackson all the time, but Chris Jackson is
    > >nobody important, then what ****ing difference does it make? I might
    > >as well call you flatfish. I guess what I'm trying to say is, should I
    > >know who Gary Stewart is?

    >
    > Ask them for proof.
    > They won't/can't offer any because there is none.
    >
    > It's just another lie that has become an urban legend in COLA.
    > Personally I think it's hysterical, especially when the loonies
    > started calling all the Gary Stewarts in the NYC phone book!
    >
    > Now THAT is funny.


    That's nice, but that's not what I mean. I mean, why should I care if
    you are Gary Stewart or not? Is Gary Stewart someone famous? They say
    you're Gary Stewart like it's an insult and you deny it like it's an
    insult, but I don't know who the **** Gary Stewart is in the first
    place.

  19. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, Expand Collaboration Agreement

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:05:46 -0800 (PST), cc
    wrote:

    >On Nov 28, 5:27 pm, flatfish wrote:
    >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:09:27 -0800 (PST), cc
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> >On Nov 28, 4:50 pm, flatfish wrote:
    >> >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    >> >> wrote:

    >>
    >> >> >Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >>
    >> >> >> ____/ Peter Khlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

    >>
    >> >> >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >>
    >> >> >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >>
    >> >> >Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    >> >> >This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

    >>
    >> >> These nuts think I am gary Stewert.

    >>
    >> >> Ask them for proof....

    >>
    >> >> In fact I'll tell you where it came from.

    >>
    >> >> A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    >> >> being Gary Stewart.
    >> >> He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    >> >> were skeptical.

    >>
    >> >Who's Gary Stewart though? Is there something about the name "Gary
    >> >Stewart" I don't know? It seems like such an arbitrary thing. If "Gary
    >> >Stewart" is nobody, then what difference does it make if you are or
    >> >aren't? If I call you Chris Jackson all the time, but Chris Jackson is
    >> >nobody important, then what ****ing difference does it make? I might
    >> >as well call you flatfish. I guess what I'm trying to say is, should I
    >> >know who Gary Stewart is?

    >>
    >> Ask them for proof.
    >> They won't/can't offer any because there is none.
    >>
    >> It's just another lie that has become an urban legend in COLA.
    >> Personally I think it's hysterical, especially when the loonies
    >> started calling all the Gary Stewarts in the NYC phone book!
    >>
    >> Now THAT is funny.

    >
    >That's nice, but that's not what I mean. I mean, why should I care if
    >you are Gary Stewart or not? Is Gary Stewart someone famous? They say
    >you're Gary Stewart like it's an insult and you deny it like it's an
    >insult, but I don't know who the **** Gary Stewart is in the first
    >place.



    The loonies think they have discovered something.
    They have not.

    You see most of them are realizing they are idiots for posting under
    their real names so now they want to take the rest of the group down
    with the ship.

    Ain't going to happen.

  20. Re: Microsoft and Novell Celebrate Year of Interoperability, ExpandCollaboration Agreement

    On Nov 28, 8:25 pm, flatfish wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:05:46 -0800 (PST), cc
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >On Nov 28, 5:27 pm, flatfish wrote:
    > >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:09:27 -0800 (PST), cc
    > >> wrote:

    >
    > >> >On Nov 28, 4:50 pm, flatfish wrote:
    > >> >> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:02:29 +0100, Peter Krnkwonov
    > >> >> wrote:

    >
    > >> >> >Roy Schestowitz writes:

    >
    > >> >> >> ____/ Peter Khlmann on Wednesday 28 November 2007 20:31 : \____

    >
    > >> >> >>> You are talking to flatfish

    >
    > >> >> >> I think this might be another new nym of Gary.

    >
    > >> >> >Thanks for the warning. Who is Gary and why should I not talk to him?
    > >> >> >This "Flatfish" seems to be ok and not so crazy as some.

    >
    > >> >> These nuts think I am gary Stewert.

    >
    > >> >> Ask them for proof....

    >
    > >> >> In fact I'll tell you where it came from.

    >
    > >> >> A loony named mjcr posted a long diatribe accusing me, flatfish, of
    > >> >> being Gary Stewart.
    > >> >> He offered zero proof and even most hard core Linux users at the time
    > >> >> were skeptical.

    >
    > >> >Who's Gary Stewart though? Is there something about the name "Gary
    > >> >Stewart" I don't know? It seems like such an arbitrary thing. If "Gary
    > >> >Stewart" is nobody, then what difference does it make if you are or
    > >> >aren't? If I call you Chris Jackson all the time, but Chris Jackson is
    > >> >nobody important, then what ****ing difference does it make? I might
    > >> >as well call you flatfish. I guess what I'm trying to say is, should I
    > >> >know who Gary Stewart is?

    >
    > >> Ask them for proof.
    > >> They won't/can't offer any because there is none.

    >
    > >> It's just another lie that has become an urban legend in COLA.
    > >> Personally I think it's hysterical, especially when the loonies
    > >> started calling all the Gary Stewarts in the NYC phone book!

    >
    > >> Now THAT is funny.

    >
    > >That's nice, but that's not what I mean. I mean, why should I care if
    > >you are Gary Stewart or not? Is Gary Stewart someone famous? They say
    > >you're Gary Stewart like it's an insult and you deny it like it's an
    > >insult, but I don't know who the **** Gary Stewart is in the first
    > >place.

    >
    > The loonies think they have discovered something.
    > They have not.
    >
    > You see most of them are realizing they are idiots for posting under
    > their real names so now they want to take the rest of the group down
    > with the ship.
    >
    > Ain't going to happen.


    So that's it? They just think that's your real name? Well Roy
    Schestowitz is just as anonymous as Mark Kent, Roy Culley, Gary
    Stewart, flatfish, High Plains Thumper, cc, etc. Unless someone has
    met you (any of you), no one knows you. Is "Mark Kent" really Mark
    Kent? Who knows or cares? So nessuno is "insert name here." What does
    that mean? It offers me no insight into the nym at all because it adds
    nothing. Posting real names is a bull**** move, even if it's that
    racist Maverick's real name. Unless you're famous, knowing a real
    name, or revealing a real name doesn't mean dick to anyone. Guess
    what, I'm Gary Stewart. There, is everyone satisfied now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast