Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock - Linux ; Finally recognizing Vista's disappointing results, Microsoft's strategy now is: (1) Blame the victim (this must have been Blamer's idea) (2) When everything else fails, let's copycat from Apple again! -Ramon http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9284102,00.htm http://tinyurl.com/2otj9z...

  1. Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    Finally recognizing Vista's disappointing results, Microsoft's
    strategy now is:

    (1) Blame the victim (this must have been Blamer's idea)

    (2) When everything else fails, let's copycat from Apple again!

    -Ramon

    http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9284102,00.htm
    http://tinyurl.com/2otj9z

  2. Re: Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    ____/ Ramon F Herrera on Wednesday 28 November 2007 01:56 : \____

    > Finally recognizing Vista's disappointing results, Microsoft's
    > strategy now is:
    >
    > (1) Blame the victim (this must have been Blamer's idea)
    >
    > (2) When everything else fails, let's copycat from Apple again!
    >
    > -Ramon

    http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9284102,00.htm
    > http://tinyurl.com/2otj9z

    You see? I told you the next Windows was SP3.

    Watch KDE 4.0 or Compiz Fusion. SP3's (best Microsoft's O/S to date) has its
    knees buckle in the face of FOSS.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows leaves me peckish
    06:05:02 up 28 days, 10:03, 2 users, load average: 2.04, 2.13, 1.84

  3. Re: Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    * Ramon F Herrera fired off this tart reply:

    > Finally recognizing Vista's disappointing results, Microsoft's
    > strategy now is:
    >
    > (1) Blame the victim (this must have been Blamer's idea)
    > (2) When everything else fails, let's copycat from Apple again!
    >
    > http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9284102,00.htm

    Vista, both with and without SP1, performed over two times slower
    than XP with SP3 in the test, taking over 80 seconds to complete the
    test, compared to the beta SP3 enhanced XP's 35 seconds.

    . . .

    XP has proved to be more popular than its younger sibling, with the
    first six months of US retail sales of box copies of Vista 59.7
    percent below those of XP's in the equivalent period after its
    release.

    And yet we have Microsoft fluffers here claiming Vista is fast, and it
    sold more than XP.

    Both claims probably result from new ****-hot 2-core 2-Gig boxes
    compensating for Microsoft's compensating for Moore's Law.

    --
    What Intel Giveth, Microsoft taketh away.

  4. Re: Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > Finally recognizing Vista's disappointing results, Microsoft's
    > strategy now is:
    >
    > (1) Blame the victim (this must have been Blamer's idea)
    >
    > (2) When everything else fails, let's copycat from Apple again!
    >
    > -Ramon

    http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...9284102,00.htm
    > http://tinyurl.com/2otj9z

    This can't be true. Vista as-is doesn't require 10-20 times the resources of
    a normal OS to function acceptably -- the Wintrolas around here were quite
    vocal about that one -- and, if even after this SP1 sooper dooper boost,
    it'd still perform pathetically low compared to its virus magnet
    predecessor XP, then something must be wrong with the test. Can't be
    anything else. No way. Microsoft may be a bunch of utterly incompetent,
    greedy morons, but after six years of work, Vista simply can't be the
    bloated pile of rubbish it appears to be to even the best informed IT pros
    around the world, well over 90% of whom wouldn't touch it with a ten foot
    pole, if it weren't for the general management who knows better.
    And the general public loves Vista. A mere 50% is unhappy with their new
    Vista machines, and badly wants to upgrade to XP (which, of course, is only
    an option for non-suckers, erm, business users). All the rest simply
    lov^H^H^Htolerates it, as it came with their newly bought machines, and
    hasn't shown any fatal flaws yet.

    So please stop whining about Vista being disappointing. There must be at
    least a few million non-disappointed Vista users around! (Now if only
    someone could find them ...)

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  5. Re: Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    > And yet we have Microsoft fluffers here claiming Vista is fast, and
    > it sold more than XP.

    They're just perpetuating the Big Lie, like Sweaty pays them to.

    Sorry, did I say "lie"? I meant marketing.

    No that's not right either, "marketing" is Newspeak for "bribery".

    Ah, I remember now. They're "evangelising". That's it. It's "People
    Ready". Except it isn't, but shhh - don't tell anyone.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
    | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
    | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
    `----

    Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
    07:23:49 up 17 days, 4:17, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.31, 0.34

  6. Re: Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    [lots]

    Nice return volley

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
    | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
    | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
    `----

    Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
    08:26:52 up 17 days, 5:20, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.57, 0.69

  7. Re: Windows XP makes Vista a laughing stock

    [H]omer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    >> And yet we have Microsoft fluffers here claiming Vista is fast, and
    >> it sold more than XP.

    > They're just perpetuating the Big Lie, like Sweaty pays them to.
    >
    > Sorry, did I say "lie"? I meant marketing.
    >
    > No that's not right either, "marketing" is Newspeak for "bribery".
    >
    > Ah, I remember now. They're "evangelising". That's it. It's "People
    > Ready". Except it isn't, but shhh - don't tell anyone.

    Unemployed and babbling is no way to go through life, son.

+ Reply to Thread