Hardware stress tests in Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Hardware stress tests in Linux - Linux ; Dear All, I'm looking for a benchmark tool like Sandra ( http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/sandra03_e.html ) for linux. I want to perform some stress tests to compare different systems on RedHat 8.0 and I want to make sure that everything is working fine. ...

  1. Hardware stress tests in Linux

    Dear All,

    I'm looking for a benchmark tool like Sandra (
    http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/sandra03_e.html ) for linux.
    I want to perform some stress tests to compare different systems on RedHat
    8.0 and I want to make sure that everything is working fine.
    I'd like to stress test CPU/Memory/LAN/VGA/HD and hope to get a nice report
    so I can compare the systems
    Anyone got an idea what tools to run in RedHat 8.0 ( An other linux distro
    or version of RedHat is not an option )

    Regards,

    Dennis

  2. Re: Hardware stress tests in Linux

    "Dennis Peere" writes:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm looking for a benchmark tool like Sandra (
    > http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/sandra03_e.html ) for linux.
    > I want to perform some stress tests to compare different systems on RedHat
    > 8.0 and I want to make sure that everything is working fine.
    > I'd like to stress test CPU/Memory/LAN/VGA/HD and hope to get a nice report
    > so I can compare the systems

    Things that come to mind are memtest86+ (memory), cpuburn (CPU+RAM),
    bonnie++ (hard disk), ttcp (network). Those are the ones I can think
    of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

    > Anyone got an idea what tools to run in RedHat 8.0 ( An other linux distro
    > or version of RedHat is not an option )

    RH8 is really ancient. It will have problems with new hardware.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

  3. Re: Hardware stress tests in Linux

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:22:14 +0200, Dennis Peere wrote:

    > I want to perform some stress tests to compare different systems on RedHat
    > 8.0 and I want to make sure that everything is working fine.
    > I'd like to stress test CPU/Memory/LAN/VGA/HD and hope to get a nice report
    > so I can compare the systems

    You can look at

    http://www.osdl.org/docs/stabilization_plan.current

    to see the tools / plan for the OSDL folks (found by a google of
    "Alan Cox stress test").

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread