[News] A Million Linux-Capable PCs (PS3s) Sold in Small Nation - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 92 of 92

  1. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Jim Richardson espoused:

    > On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:10:44 +0000,
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >> Jim Richardson espoused:

    >>> perhaps you have a link where Kier "confirmed this himself"?
    >>>

    >> It's in a posting he made in response to me some time ago, Jim, which is
    >> perhaps why you didn't see it. If you want to search for it, you can.
    >> Alternatively, several other people also saw this, so you could also
    >> ask them.
    >>

    > IOW, no, you don't have a link.

    To respond in kind, "perhaps I haven't"... I'm not about to go looking
    for it, but it was said, and witnessed by several folk here, apparently
    not including yourself, however. There are lots of things I don't have
    links to - this is not a particularly special case :-)

  2. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Jim Richardson espoused:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:10:44 +0000,
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> Jim Richardson espoused:

    >>> It's in a posting he made in response to me some time ago, Jim, which is
    >>> perhaps why you didn't see it. If you want to search for it, you can.
    >>> Alternatively, several other people also saw this, so you could also
    >>> ask them.
    >>>

    >> IOW, no, you don't have a link.
    >>

    > To respond in kind, "perhaps I haven't"... I'm not about to go looking
    > for it, but it was said, and witnessed by several folk here, apparently
    > not including yourself, however. There are lots of things I don't have
    > links to - this is not a particularly special case :-)

    Translation: You lied, and got caught

    Now that is a surprise. Didn't you learn of Eriks (and other wintrolls)
    examples? Liars get caught most of the time here
    --
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
    significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

  3. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:31:48 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Jim Richardson espoused:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:10:44 +0000,
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> Jim Richardson espoused:

    >>> It's in a posting he made in response to me some time ago, Jim, which is
    >>> perhaps why you didn't see it. If you want to search for it, you can.
    >>> Alternatively, several other people also saw this, so you could also
    >>> ask them.
    >>>

    >> IOW, no, you don't have a link.
    >>

    > To respond in kind, "perhaps I haven't"... I'm not about to go looking
    > for it, but it was said, and witnessed by several folk here, apparently

    No, it was not.

    > not including yourself, however. There are lots of things I don't have
    > links to - this is not a particularly special case :-)

    Don't make any more bloody silly accusations about me, then. I am not a
    troll, and have no 'agenda'. Full stop.

    --
    Kier

  4. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    * Kier fired off this tart reply:

    > Any agenda I may have beyond Linux advocacy exists entirely in his fevered
    > imagination, where quite frankly it should remain. That's where most of
    > this MS conspiracy stuff ought to stay, IMO.

    Too late, Kier. It's all over the .NET, too!

    Personally, I don't mind a little trolling. It can be stimulating and
    fun, even for the trolled. But it can also become wayyyyyy too much, or
    turn nasty.

    It is kind of funny watching the waxing and waning of various
    personality conflicts in this group. Again, though, it is best not to
    take it too seriously.

    --
    Tux rox!

  5. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Mark Kent writes:

    > Jim Richardson espoused:
    >>
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:42:22 +0000,
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Actually, he does troll, and confirmed this himself on one occasion.
    >>> Kier has an agenda.
    >>>

    >> perhaps you have a link where Kier "confirmed this himself"?
    >>

    > It's in a posting he made in response to me some time ago, Jim, which is
    > perhaps why you didn't see it. If you want to search for it, you can.
    > Alternatively, several other people also saw this, so you could also
    > ask them.

    Stop press : incorrigible wind bag and big head, Mark Kent grants
    permission to Jim Richardson to use Google "if he wants".

    But fails to mention who these "other people" are.

    Mark Kent (AKA Ben Miller-Jacobson) scores another own goal.

    --
    Back when I was a boy, it was 40 miles to everywhere, uphill both ways
    and it was always snowing.

  6. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Linonut espoused:
    > * Kier fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Any agenda I may have beyond Linux advocacy exists entirely in his fevered
    >> imagination, where quite frankly it should remain. That's where most of
    >> this MS conspiracy stuff ought to stay, IMO.

    > Too late, Kier. It's all over the .NET, too!

    He's stated his agenda several times, imagination is not a necessity...

    > Personally, I don't mind a little trolling. It can be stimulating and
    > fun, even for the trolled. But it can also become wayyyyyy too much, or
    > turn nasty.

    I think as with any conversational medium, there is an inevitable
    minimum degree of provocation. Even something which is "interesting" is
    probably only so because it is in some way controversial.

    > It is kind of funny watching the waxing and waning of various
    > personality conflicts in this group. Again, though, it is best not to
    > take it too seriously.

    They've been coming and going for years, for sure. Personally, I start
    killfiling when it starts getting either abusive, noticably anti-charter,
    or just pointless.

    One other thing I have noticed is that several people over the years
    have seemed to begin to take things just a little too seriously, become
    very upset, and then left permanently.

    It's only a newsgroup, and as with all fora with any rules, there will
    always be some who delight in the abuse of the facility and the breaking
    of those rules.

    The subject, however, is very serious indeed.

  7. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Linonut espoused:
    >> * Kier fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> Any agenda I may have beyond Linux advocacy exists entirely in his
    >>> fevered imagination, where quite frankly it should remain. That's where
    >>> most of this MS conspiracy stuff ought to stay, IMO.

    >> Too late, Kier. It's all over the .NET, too!

    > He's stated his agenda several times, imagination is not a necessity...

    Actually, you have misrepresented his "agenda" several times

    < snip >

  8. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:31:48 +0000, Mark Kent
    wrote:

    >To respond in kind, "perhaps I haven't"... I'm not about to go looking
    >for it, but it was said, and witnessed by several folk here, apparently
    >not including yourself, however. There are lots of things I don't have
    >links to - this is not a particularly special case :-)

    We need another roll in the loo on the second floor Mark Kent.
    Stall #6.
    And please restock the soap dishes as well.

  9. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Hadron wrote:
    > Mark Kent writes:
    >
    >> Jim Richardson espoused:

    >>> perhaps you have a link where Kier "confirmed this himself"?
    >>>

    >> It's in a posting he made in response to me some time ago, Jim, which is
    >> perhaps why you didn't see it. If you want to search for it, you can.
    >> Alternatively, several other people also saw this, so you could also
    >> ask them.

    > Stop press : incorrigible wind bag and big head, Mark Kent grants
    > permission to Jim Richardson to use Google "if he wants".
    >
    > But fails to mention who these "other people" are.
    >
    > Mark Kent (AKA Ben Miller-Jacobson) scores another own goal.

    I am not Mark Kent, you nitwit.

    --

    Random Flatfish Nym:
    Vladimir Yepifano

  10. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:42:24 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Linonut espoused:
    >> * Kier fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> Any agenda I may have beyond Linux advocacy exists entirely in his fevered
    >>> imagination, where quite frankly it should remain. That's where most of
    >>> this MS conspiracy stuff ought to stay, IMO.

    >> Too late, Kier. It's all over the .NET, too!

    > He's stated his agenda several times, imagination is not a necessity...

    I've stated that I'm a Linux advocate, and that is my only 'agenda'. Now,
    are you going to stop lying about me?

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Kier wrote:

    > On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:42:24 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut espoused:
    >>> * Kier fired off this tart reply:

    >>> Too late, Kier. It's all over the .NET, too!

    >> He's stated his agenda several times, imagination is not a necessity...

    > I've stated that I'm a Linux advocate, and that is my only 'agenda'. Now,
    > are you going to stop lying about me?

    He will not. As long as he thinks he is supported with his incredible
    dishonesty.
    That is, as long as at least one linux advocate supports his dishonest
    bull****.

    That would be you, Roy

    Come on, be a man at least for once. Mark is overdoing it.
    He is simply a dishonest asshole. He is not a tiny little shred better than
    flatfish, DFS or billwg. Or Hadron Quark, for that matter
    --
    Windows isn't unstable. It's spontaneous.

  12. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Ben Miller-Jacobson espoused:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Mark Kent writes:
    >>
    >>> Jim Richardson espoused:

    >>> It's in a posting he made in response to me some time ago, Jim, which is
    >>> perhaps why you didn't see it. If you want to search for it, you can.
    >>> Alternatively, several other people also saw this, so you could also
    >>> ask them.

    >> Stop press : incorrigible wind bag and big head, Mark Kent grants
    >> permission to Jim Richardson to use Google "if he wants".
    >>
    >> But fails to mention who these "other people" are.
    >>
    >> Mark Kent (AKA Ben Miller-Jacobson) scores another own goal.
    >>

    > I am not Mark Kent, you nitwit.

    Well, I knew that :-)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5