[News] A Million Linux-Capable PCs (PS3s) Sold in Small Nation - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] A Million Linux-Capable PCs (PS3s) Sold in Small Nation - Linux ; On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:08:11 +0000, Kier wrote: >On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:45:52 -0500, flatfish wrote: > >> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:29:56 +0000, Kier wrote: >> >>>On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:21:19 -0500, flatfish wrote: >>> ...

  1. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:08:11 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:45:52 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    >>>You're still a stinky, lying troll, flatty, polluting COLA. Do you enjoy
    >>>being despised as filth?

    >> Not at all.

    >Then why not bugger off and leave us all in peace once and for all?
    >
    >> At least I'm smart enough not to lick the boots of those who call me a
    >> troll or troll feeder, like Roy and Mark call you.

    >You're not smart. A smart person would give up being a stinky troll and
    >get some sort of life. Youy slag Roy for posting advocacy (however biased
    >he might or might not be), but you spend hours and hours writing worthless
    >filth. How does that make him more stupid and obsessed than *YOU*,
    >repeatedly crawling back into COLA to spew the same tired lying **** for
    >the thousandth time?
    >

    >> Grow a spine Kier instead of caving in to these loonies.

    >Despising you for your filthy behaviour, stalking and other crimes has
    >nothing to do with licking anyone's boot, you stinky little troll. I have
    >criticised Roy in the past, and probably will again, for not being
    >accurate enough in his posts. But at least I don't write slanderous filth
    >about him, like you do. At least I don't trawl digg to gind adverse
    >comments about him. At least I don't nymshift, lie, spew racist crap,
    >trash Linux and act like an arsehole the way you do.

    You seem to have an obsession with the word 'filth' ?
    Are you an obsessive/compulsive per chance kier?

    If so, Roy and you are a perfect pair as he wrote someplace that he
    takes 5 showers a day.
    God only knows where he finds the time.

  2. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:43:34 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:08:11 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >>> Not at all.

    >>Then why not bugger off and leave us all in peace once and for all?
    >>
    >>> At least I'm smart enough not to lick the boots of those who call me a
    >>> troll or troll feeder, like Roy and Mark call you.

    >>You're not smart. A smart person would give up being a stinky troll and
    >>get some sort of life. Youy slag Roy for posting advocacy (however biased
    >>he might or might not be), but you spend hours and hours writing worthless
    >>filth. How does that make him more stupid and obsessed than *YOU*,
    >>repeatedly crawling back into COLA to spew the same tired lying **** for
    >>the thousandth time?
    >>

    >>> Grow a spine Kier instead of caving in to these loonies.

    >>Despising you for your filthy behaviour, stalking and other crimes has
    >>nothing to do with licking anyone's boot, you stinky little troll. I have
    >>criticised Roy in the past, and probably will again, for not being
    >>accurate enough in his posts. But at least I don't write slanderous filth
    >>about him, like you do. At least I don't trawl digg to gind adverse
    >>comments about him. At least I don't nymshift, lie, spew racist crap,
    >>trash Linux and act like an arsehole the way you do.

    > You seem to have an obsession with the word 'filth' ?
    > Are you an obsessive/compulsive per chance kier?

    No. That's more like you, flatty. Filth is what *you* are.

    > If so, Roy and you are a perfect pair as he wrote someplace that he
    > takes 5 showers a day.
    > God only knows where he finds the time.

    Still on with the slanders, eh, flatty?

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:34:51 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >> If so, Roy and you are a perfect pair as he wrote someplace that he
    >> takes 5 showers a day.
    >> God only knows where he finds the time.

    >Still on with the slanders, eh, flatty?

    No.
    The truth.
    As usual.... (ok so it's 4 showers per day, my bad)

    http://www.groupsrv.com/linux/about104473.html

    Now go run and hide.....

  4. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    ____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 17:08 : \____

    The lying scum Gary Stewart wrote:

    >> At least I'm smart enough not to lick the boots of those who call me a
    >> troll or troll feeder, like Roy and Mark call you.

    Don't say unsubstantiated BS to incite people against me. Kier is not a troll.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
    Tasks: 146 total, 1 running, 145 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  5. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:58:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    >____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 17:08 : \____
    >

    > The lying scum Gary Stewart wrote:
    >
    >>> At least I'm smart enough not to lick the boots of those who call me a
    >>> troll or troll feeder, like Roy and Mark call you.

    >Don't say unsubstantiated BS to incite people against me. Kier is not a troll.

    I suggest you use a good search engine, not your own BTW.
    As for inciting people against you, nobody has to do that.
    The number of replies your messages get and your ratings and comments
    on various community sites speak for themselves.

    You are your own worst enemy Roy.
    You're just too smart to figure it out.

  6. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:45:18 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:34:51 +0000, Kier wrote:
    >

    >>> If so, Roy and you are a perfect pair as he wrote someplace that he
    >>> takes 5 showers a day.
    >>> God only knows where he finds the time.

    >>Still on with the slanders, eh, flatty?

    > No.
    > The truth.
    > As usual.... (ok so it's 4 showers per day, my bad)
    >
    > http://www.groupsrv.com/linux/about104473.html
    >
    > Now go run and hide.....

    Hide from you? AHAHAHAHHAHA!

    It may be unusual to take that many showers, but it is no business of
    yours to infer anything from it.

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:39:29 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >>>Still on with the slanders, eh, flatty?

    >> No.
    >> The truth.
    >> As usual.... (ok so it's 4 showers per day, my bad)
    >>
    >> http://www.groupsrv.com/linux/about104473.html
    >>
    >> Now go run and hide.....

    >Hide from you? AHAHAHAHHAHA!
    >
    >It may be unusual to take that many showers, but it is no business of
    >yours to infer anything from it.

    No.
    Run and hide from your false accusation.
    IOW I am not slandering Roy.
    I'm not libeling him either.

    It's libel BTW, not slander.

    Why must I constantly have to correct you Kier?

  8. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    "cc" schreef in bericht
    > On Nov 29, 3:06 am, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 29 November 2007 07:28 : \____
    >>

    >> > Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >> > Indeed, and PS3 is selling very well too since the last price
    >> > cut.
    >> > Speaking to friends, it appears to be the christmas console of choice.
    >> > All the figures I've seen show Xbox360 in big trouble.

    >> Unless you listen to WinTrolls (spin).
    >>

    > Mark has seen figures that show the XBox360 is in trouble, so they
    > must exist somewhere. Please tell me where I can find them.

    He can't, he's a liar!
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...kent-liar.html

    Xbox 360: 5.6 million
    Nintendo Wii: 2.8 million
    PlayStation 3: 1.4 million

  9. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:51:50 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:39:29 +0000, Kier wrote:

    >>> No.
    >>> The truth.
    >>> As usual.... (ok so it's 4 showers per day, my bad)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.groupsrv.com/linux/about104473.html
    >>>
    >>> Now go run and hide.....

    >>Hide from you? AHAHAHAHHAHA!
    >>
    >>It may be unusual to take that many showers, but it is no business of
    >>yours to infer anything from it.

    > No.
    > Run and hide from your false accusation.

    Oh give it up, flatty. YOu can't claim the slightest degree of moral high
    ground.

    > IOW I am not slandering Roy.
    > I'm not libeling him either.

    Yes, you are, by implying that there is something wrong in him taking more
    than the average number of showers.

    > It's libel BTW, not slander.

    Biiiig deeeel! (And yes, I do know the difference. But since this is a
    discussion group, slander seems to fit the bill).

    > Why must I constantly have to correct you Kier?

    Get stuffed, stinky. You correct no one.

    --
    Kier

  10. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >He can't,

    Ignore the forger.

  11. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Nov 29, 7:50 am, Linonut wrote:
    > * cc fired off this tart reply:
    >
    > >> Consumer patriotism? Marketing?

    > > No clue. Look at total sales though. Wii and XBox360 are doing way
    > > better. The point I was trying to make is not about sales. Hell,
    > > anyone with a search engine can find *my* predicition that the PS3
    > > would outsell them all. The point is, XBox360s aren't going to be
    > > Windows machines, PS3s and Wiis aren't going to be Linux machines. It
    > > is nice that the possibility is there, and a few of us dorks will do
    > > it (if a PS3 ever becomes worth buying, I'll definately do it), but
    > > most won't bother.

    > I agree.
    >
    > > Consoles are routinely discarded when something
    > > else comes out.

    > I dunno about that.
    >
    > But then, our family got out of the console market after Sega Genesis.
    >
    > (I have many fond memories of my daughter and I engaging in long "Sonic
    > the HedgeHog" games.)

    I don't have anything to add, other than Sonic the HedgeHog and the
    Sega Genesis were awesome. How Sega screwed up after that is beyond
    me!

    Also, I typoed prediction wrong earlier, and it annoys me.

  12. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    * chrisv fired off this tart reply:

    > Ben Miller-Jacobson wrote:
    >
    >>Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> And you wouldn't?

    Arrrgh, 'Adron's a cynical barstard!

    >>Well, I would like to think I would try to keep the prices reasonable,
    >>but in their position, I probably would, too.

    > No, you'd price your products where the supply and demand curves meet,
    > just like every other reasonable businessman.
    >
    > LCD TV's are NOT a "rip off".

    To me, they're a rip-off in the sense that they cost too much for the
    functionality you get. You get a bigger, slightly sharper picture, and
    a less bulky device. And you pay about $300 more for it, at a
    minimum.

    It's nice to see them at somebody else's house, but they're not in our
    price range yet.

    --
    Tux rox!

  13. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    ____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 20:52 : \____

    > On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:51:50 -0500, flatfish wrote:

    >>>Hide from you? AHAHAHAHHAHA!
    >>>
    >>>It may be unusual to take that many showers, but it is no business of
    >>>yours to infer anything from it.

    >> No.
    >> Run and hide from your false accusation.

    > Oh give it up, flatty. YOu can't claim the slightest degree of moral high
    > ground.
    >
    >> IOW I am not slandering Roy.
    >> I'm not libeling him either.

    > Yes, you are, by implying that there is something wrong in him taking more
    > than the average number of showers.
    >

    >> It's libel BTW, not slander.

    > Biiiig deeeel! (And yes, I do know the difference. But since this is a
    > discussion group, slander seems to fit the bill).
    >

    >> Why must I constantly have to correct you Kier?

    > Get stuffed, stinky. You correct no one.

    They do the slander in other Web sites, by the way, not just in USENET. Don't
    believe anything you read, even if it's /claimed/ to be coming from someone
    who posts with my name.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
    ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq

  14. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:43:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    >____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 20:52 : \____

    >>> No.
    >>> Run and hide from your false accusation.

    >> Oh give it up, flatty. YOu can't claim the slightest degree of moral high
    >> ground.
    >>
    >>> IOW I am not slandering Roy.
    >>> I'm not libeling him either.

    >> Yes, you are, by implying that there is something wrong in him taking more
    >> than the average number of showers.
    >>

    >>> It's libel BTW, not slander.

    >> Biiiig deeeel! (And yes, I do know the difference. But since this is a
    >> discussion group, slander seems to fit the bill).
    >>

    >>> Why must I constantly have to correct you Kier?

    >> Get stuffed, stinky. You correct no one.

    >They do the slander in other Web sites, by the way, not just in USENET. Don't
    >believe anything you read, even if it's /claimed/ to be coming from someone
    >who posts with my name.

    I don't post with your name.
    What are you on?

  15. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    flatfish wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:43:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:

    < snip >

    >>They do the slander in other Web sites, by the way, not just in USENET.
    >>Don't believe anything you read, even if it's /claimed/ to be coming from
    >>someone who posts with my name.

    > I don't post with your name.
    > What are you on?

    You did post with his name. As well as with mine. And the name of several
    other posters

    And then were there the "variations" of names, like

    Ray Schitzmepantz
    Roy_Pestowitz
    Roy.Schakemetitz
    Roy.Schavedmenutz
    Roy.Schavesmewankz
    roy.shysterwitz
    Roy.Schitzowitz
    roys.testicles
    schavemetitz
    Schestertitz
    schestowizzle
    schestowitz
    schitzmepantz
    schisterwitz

    Yes, real funny that, you cretin
    --
    What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
    simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog,

  16. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Friday 30 November 2007 06:55 : \____

    > flatfish wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:43:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>

    > < snip >
    >
    >>>They do the slander in other Web sites, by the way, not just in USENET.
    >>>Don't believe anything you read, even if it's /claimed/ to be coming from
    >>>someone who posts with my name.

    >> I don't post with your name.
    >> What are you on?

    > You did post with his name. As well as with mine. And the name of several
    > other posters
    >
    > And then were there the "variations" of names, like
    >
    > Ray Schitzmepantz
    > Roy_Pestowitz
    > Roy.Schakemetitz
    > Roy.Schavedmenutz
    > Roy.Schavesmewankz
    > roy.shysterwitz
    > Roy.Schitzowitz
    > roys.testicles
    > schavemetitz
    > Schestertitz
    > schestowizzle
    > schestowitz
    > schitzmepantz
    > schisterwitz
    >

    > Yes, real funny that, you cretin

    Same thing in Digg. He opened at least 3 accounts with slight variations of my
    username, stole my avatar and then posted offensive stuff and/or self-nuking
    libel so that people mistakenly thing it's me. Gary is scam of the lowest type
    and his mental state suggests that he's lonely and potentially suicidal.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
    Mem: 515500k total, 424756k used, 90744k free, 12008k buffers

  17. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 17:08 : \____
    >

    > The lying scum Gary Stewart wrote:
    >
    >>> At least I'm smart enough not to lick the boots of those who call me a
    >>> troll or troll feeder, like Roy and Mark call you.

    > Don't say unsubstantiated BS to incite people against me. Kier is not a troll.

    Actually, he does troll, and confirmed this himself on one occasion.
    Kier has an agenda.

  18. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 17:08 : \____

    >> Don't say unsubstantiated BS to incite people against me. Kier is not a
    >> troll.
    >>

    > Actually, he does troll,

    Really?
    He /entertained/ trolls. But that is something entirely different matter

    > and confirmed this himself on one occasion.

    I certainly haven't seen that
    Given your behaviour, I strongly suspect that you are making it up out of
    full cloth

    > Kier has an agenda.

    I would hope so.

    But then, you have, too.
    Your agenda is to misrepresent what other people write.
    Your agenda is to spout the many "virtues" of GPL3 when there are none
    --
    Your conscience never stops you from doing anything. It just stops you
    from enjoying it.

  19. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:42:22 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Kier on Thursday 29 November 2007 17:08 : \____

    >> Don't say unsubstantiated BS to incite people against me. Kier is not a troll.
    >>

    > Actually, he does troll, and confirmed this himself on one occasion.

    NO, I have NOT. Stop lying about me, Mark.

    > Kier has an agenda.

    Are you completely mad? The only 'agenda' I may have is to advocate Linux.
    Frankly, I am tired of your stupid insinuations.

    --
    Kier

  20. Re: CORRECTION: A Million PSPs Sold in Small Nation

    "chrisv" writes:

    > "cc" schreef in bericht
    >> On Nov 29, 3:06 am, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 29 November 2007 07:28 : \____

    >>> on >>>> > them.
    >>> Linux >>>> > on

    >>> like 5 >>>> years
    >>> static). When PS3 >>>> owners
    >>> some of >>>> them
    >>> PC >>>> which

    >>> Linux >>> too,

    >>> lead. >> You're

    >>> price > cut.
    >>>
    >>> Unless you listen to WinTrolls (spin).
    >>>

    >> Mark has seen figures that show the XBox360 is in trouble, so they
    >> must exist somewhere. Please tell me where I can find them.
    >>

    > He can't, he's a liar!
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...kent-liar.html
    >
    > Xbox 360: 5.6 million
    > Nintendo Wii: 2.8 million
    > PlayStation 3: 1.4 million

    I would stop short of calling him a liar. Let him show us the figures to
    prove his point. Surely he can't just be making this rubbish up?