Automount drives dynamically - Linux

This is a discussion on Automount drives dynamically - Linux ; I have seen some distros automount NTFS / FAT32 / FAT drives dynamically in the past without any modification on my part to the fstab...how do these distros do this and how can I modify system to do this? Thanks....

  1. Automount drives dynamically

    I have seen some distros automount NTFS / FAT32 / FAT drives dynamically in
    the past without any modification on my part to the fstab...how do these
    distros do this and how can I modify system to do this? Thanks.

  2. Re: Automount drives dynamically

    Mike Allen wrote:

    > I have seen some distros automount NTFS / FAT32 / FAT drives dynamically
    > in
    > the past without any modification on my part to the fstab...how do these
    > distros do this and how can I modify system to do this? Thanks.

    I think these distros modify fstab during installation so that the partition
    mounts automatically. Should be fairly simple to do it yourself...

    --
    I must have slipped a disk -- my pack hurts

+ Reply to Thread