eatfastnoodle wrote:

> The problem is HOW. Everybody talks about what we should do, nobody
> dares to touch the "how" part. There is simply no viable alternative
> available.

Bull****. There are a whole bunch of viable alternatives, and we need
to get cracking implementing all of them. There is no single answer and
no overnight solutions, but lack of a silver bullet does not excuse us
from doing everything we can to reduce our dependence on a rapidly
depleting finite resource. Even a half solution is better than none.

Or maybe if we all just close our eyes and wish really hard, magic
pixies from the future will bring us fusion reactors that run on
dryer lint. That makes about as much sense as the other head in the
sand strategies proposed by the petro industry and their supporters.

Thad