[News] New and Impressive Compiz Fusion Plugin Released - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] New and Impressive Compiz Fusion Plugin Released - Linux ; Autumn Plugin Compiz Fusion ,----[ Quote ] | This is an adaptation of the "Snow" plugin which uses leaves instead of | snowflakes. The major changes are added support for variable image rotation | and more side-to-side movement. `---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHLDtJXc8fg ...

  1. [News] New and Impressive Compiz Fusion Plugin Released

    Autumn Plugin Compiz Fusion

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is an adaptation of the "Snow" plugin which uses leaves instead of
    | snowflakes. The major changes are added support for variable image rotation
    | and more side-to-side movement.
    `----

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHLDtJXc8fg

    Related:

    Compiz Fusion Community News for November 20th: Features, Features, Features *

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Wow, Atlantis now shaping up to look like a real aquarium! Not only are there
    | fish swimming around inside your cube, but there is now water! It would be
    | illegal not to post a screenshot... *
    `----

    http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/...ures-features/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

    Compiz Fusion 0.5.2 - Review

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Compiz Fusion is certainly bringing some of the more exciting features found
    | on any computing platform to the Linux desktop. With their development 0.5.2
    | release there’s just a whole lot more to get excited about. Widgets will most
    | likely become insanely popular and should quickly see growth of new third *
    | party applications for that plugin. “Shift Switcher” is an absolutely great
    | way to manage all your active windows and there’s even a Cover Flow like
    | ability to flip through those active windows. “Expo” is an exciting new way
    | to view all your virtual desktops on one screen. Simply stated, whenever your
    | favorite Linux distro releases their next big release, expect to see Compiz
    | Fusion bundled with it and prepare to be impressed. Now that I have used
    | Compiz Fusion extensively, going back to a regular 2D desktop is just
    | something I’m not willing to do. Nice job Compiz Fusion. * * * * *
    `----

    http://lunapark6.com/compiz-fusion-052-preview.html

    Largo still loves Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Largo system administrator Dave Richards and his coworkers are excited about
    | bringing the 3-D Compiz-Fusion desktop to Largo. They currently have about 30
    | users testing it, and other city employees who have seen the demo desktops
    | are begging to have it available on their accounts, too, so a citywide
    | rollout is only a matter of time.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/119109

  2. Re: New and Impressive Compiz Fusion Plugin Released

    On Nov 26, 2:48 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Autumn Plugin Compiz Fusion
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | This is an adaptation of the "Snow" plugin which uses leaves instead of
    > | snowflakes. The major changes are added support for variable image rotation
    > | and more side-to-side movement.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHLDtJXc8fg
    >
    > Related:
    >
    > Compiz Fusion Community News for November 20th: Features, Features, Features
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Wow, Atlantis now shaping up to look like a real aquarium! Not only are there
    > | fish swimming around inside your cube, but there is now water! It would be
    > | illegal not to post a screenshot...
    > `----
    >
    > http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/...-community-new...
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w
    >
    > Compiz Fusion 0.5.2 - Review
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Compiz Fusion is certainly bringing some of the more exciting features found
    > | on any computing platform to the Linux desktop. With their development 0.5.2
    > | release there's just a whole lot more to get excited about. Widgets will most
    > | likely become insanely popular and should quickly see growth of new third
    > | party applications for that plugin. "Shift Switcher" is an absolutely great
    > | way to manage all your active windows and there's even a Cover Flow like
    > | ability to flip through those active windows. "Expo" is an exciting new way
    > | to view all your virtual desktops on one screen. Simply stated, whenever your
    > | favorite Linux distro releases their next big release, expect to see Compiz
    > | Fusion bundled with it and prepare to be impressed. Now that I have used
    > | Compiz Fusion extensively, going back to a regular 2D desktop is just
    > | something I'm not willing to do. Nice job Compiz Fusion.
    > `----
    >
    > http://lunapark6.com/compiz-fusion-052-preview.html
    >
    > Largo still loves Linux
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Largo system administrator Dave Richards and his coworkers are excited about
    > | bringing the 3-D Compiz-Fusion desktop to Largo. They currently have about 30
    > | users testing it, and other city employees who have seen the demo desktops
    > | are begging to have it available on their accounts, too, so a citywide
    > | rollout is only a matter of time.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linux.com/feature/119109

    To me, this is just visual proof to the superiority of the linux
    operating system. It is more proof that open source is the model that
    works best. Honestly, there is nothing about microsoft products that
    are remotely interesting.

+ Reply to Thread