Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution - Linux ; Jim Richardson wrote: > > Yep, that's a downside. Although the silver lining there is the supply > of fanatics willing to blow themselves up for allah is not infinite, and > has be severly depleted by the events of ...

  1. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > Yep, that's a downside. Although the silver lining there is the supply
    > of fanatics willing to blow themselves up for allah is not infinite, and
    > has be severly depleted by the events of the last few years.

    You are dreaming. Suicidal fanaticism is a renewable resource, and
    the supply has only increased because of events in recent years.
    Don't take my word for it, just read the published reports of the
    CIA and the State Department. Violent extremism has increased by
    an order of magnitude as a result of our little debacle in Iraq.

    Thad

  2. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    "Remember, half-measures can be very effective if all you deal with are
    half-wits."
    --Chris Klein

  3. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > of course, it's like burning wood in a fire. You can do it slow, banking
    > the coals, or you can force draft it, and burn it all hotter, for a
    > shorter period of time.

    Yeah, that technique worked really well for the USSR in Afghanistan, and
    for the US in Vietnam.

    > Don't take my word for it, just read the Al Qaeda complaints that
    > supplies of martyrs are becoming thin on the ground, and of course, the
    > violent excesses perpetrated by the Al Qaeda forces on their supposed
    > supporters, have helped turn the tide in some of the most violence torn
    > regions in Iraq. with Sunni and Shi'a joining together, with the US in
    > many cases, to fush out Al Qaeda elements.

    Yeah, its all ponies and rainbows in Iraq. We've turned a corner; the
    jihadists are in their last throes no doubt. Hey, if it really is the
    start of a sustainable trend, I'll be cheering with the rest as we bring
    our troops home, but looking at the larger and longer term picture
    here... I'm not so optimistic. Every prediction this administration
    has made about Iraq has been disastrously wrong so far.

    Thad

  4. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    thad05@tux.glaci.delete-this.com did eloquently scribble:
    > Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >> Yep, that's a downside. Although the silver lining there is the supply
    >> of fanatics willing to blow themselves up for allah is not infinite, and
    >> has be severly depleted by the events of the last few years.

    > You are dreaming. Suicidal fanaticism is a renewable resource, and
    > the supply has only increased because of events in recent years.
    > Don't take my word for it, just read the published reports of the
    > CIA and the State Department. Violent extremism has increased by
    > an order of magnitude as a result of our little debacle in Iraq.

    It's a natural result of "the war on terror" that more terrorists would be
    generated as more and more people got pissed off with american actions.

    I'm amazed bush and co don't see something that's so mind bogglingly
    obvious. If you piss people off, they get angry. If you piss them off enough
    they become violent. If you push them too far, they attack you.

  5. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >> You are dreaming. Suicidal fanaticism is a renewable resource, and
    >> the supply has only increased because of events in recent years.
    >> Don't take my word for it, just read the published reports of the
    >> CIA and the State Department. Violent extremism has increased by
    >> an order of magnitude as a result of our little debacle in Iraq.

    >It's a natural result of "the war on terror" that more terrorists would be
    >generated as more and more people got pissed off with american actions.
    >
    >I'm amazed bush and co don't see something that's so mind bogglingly
    >obvious. If you piss people off, they get angry. If you piss them off enough
    >they become violent. If you push them too far, they attack you.

    They figured that escalating the violence level would solve the
    problem, since that strategy has worked so well in the Mideast in the
    past.

  6. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until
    they try to take it."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  7. Re: Top US engineer in piss-off-everybody car fuel solution

    The laws of physics are not subject to judicial review.

+ Reply to Thread