"Step up" from Linux to a Vista machine - Linux

This is a discussion on "Step up" from Linux to a Vista machine - Linux ; http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ssories+to+Buy...

  1. "Step up" from Linux to a Vista machine

  2. Re: Forget the "Step up" - Stay with Linux

    DFS wrote:

    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ssories+to+Buy

    Good article. For $200 US, one gets a Via 1.5 GHz processor with
    512 MB DDR2 RAM, CD R/W - DVD ROM, 80 GB hard disk, LAN,
    fax/modem and GOS Linux, a derivative of Ubuntu.

    Of course, with RAM being so cheap these days, I am not sure I'd
    want to spend an additional $78 for Vista Home Basic and another
    512 MB RAM stick.

    512 MB is more than enough for Linux.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Forget the "Step up" - Stay with Linux

    High Plains Thumper schrieb:

    > Of course, with RAM being so cheap these days, I am not sure I'd
    > want to spend an additional $78 for Vista Home Basic and another
    > 512 MB RAM stick.

    Well, one would end up spending one and another $100 to get Vista Ultimate,
    as soon he'd played through Home Basic.

    "He, boy! First one is always free!" With MS, not even that...

  4. Re: "Step up" from Linux to a Vista machine

    DFS wrote:
    > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ssories+to+Buy

    Vista is a consumer fraud. Why you would wish a fraud on someone is
    beyond me...unless you're a Microsoft investor and think that it is OK
    to rip people off.

  5. Re: "Step up" from Linux to a Vista machine

    Marshall wrote:

    >Vista is a consumer fraud. Why you would wish a fraud on someone is
    >beyond me...unless you're a Microsoft investor and think that it is OK
    >to rip people off.

    You kidding? A typical M$ devotee would **** on a thousand people if
    it would get them ahead in life.

+ Reply to Thread