Re: [News] [SOT] "Dumping" Techniques Uses Against Blu-Ray? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [SOT] "Dumping" Techniques Uses Against Blu-Ray? - Linux ; ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 22 November 2007 22:56 : \____ > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > >> Tosh to tempt laptop buyers with free HD DVDs > > [...] > >> It has always ...

  1. Re: [News] [SOT] "Dumping" Techniques Uses Against Blu-Ray?

    ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 22 November 2007 22:56 : \____

    >> Tosh to tempt laptop buyers with free HD DVDs

    > [...]
    >
    >> It has always been dodgy... how Microsoft and Toshiba "dumped"
    >> products and possibly bribed studios to switch to HD-DVD (see below).
    >> It doesn't receive much coverage, but it may be similar to
    >> Microsoft's OOXML frauds, which are well recoreded.

    > Like Vista, they can't even give it away for free. They can stuff it.

    I've seen some posts in the past 2 days about Microsoft giving Vista away for
    free (there's a catch). Free samples of LSD...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz \ Switch to GNU/Linux. Visit http://www.getgnulinux.org/
    23:20:01 up 23 days, 3:18, 4 users, load average: 1.35, 1.48, 1.44

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] "Dumping" Techniques Uses Against Blu-Ray?

    On 2007-11-22, Roy Schestowitz claimed:

    > I've seen some posts in the past 2 days about Microsoft giving Vista away for
    > free (there's a catch). Free samples of LSD...

    You'd have to be on LSD or something stronger to *take* it, even for
    "free".

    --
    Her eyes were cold and harsh, which made them tough to chew.

  3. Re: [News] [SOT] "Dumping" Techniques Uses Against Blu-Ray?

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 22 November 2007 22:56 : \____

    >>> Tosh to tempt laptop buyers with free HD DVDs

    >> [...]
    >>
    >>> It has always been dodgy... how Microsoft and Toshiba "dumped"
    >>> products and possibly bribed studios to switch to HD-DVD (see below).
    >>> It doesn't receive much coverage, but it may be similar to
    >>> Microsoft's OOXML frauds, which are well recoreded.

    >> Like Vista, they can't even give it away for free. They can stuff it.

    > I've seen some posts in the past 2 days about Microsoft giving Vista away for
    > free (there's a catch). Free samples of LSD...

    Sanyo or Toshiba used to make very inexpensive Beta recorders when Sony
    were trying to push their format over the (technically inferior) VHS
    format.

    It's not acceptable, of course, but it's also quite common.