Change Standardbrowser - Linux

This is a discussion on Change Standardbrowser - Linux ; I Installed Firefox and i'd like to have it as standard browser. I set it as standard browser and I set also "verify if set standard browser at startup" but if I open a weblink in an other application still ...

  1. Change Standardbrowser

    I Installed Firefox and i'd like to have it as standard browser. I set it as
    standard browser and I set also "verify if set standard browser at startup"
    but if I open a weblink in an other application still konqueror is used. I
    didn't found a possibility to change the standardbrowser in the
    controlcenter.

    --
    Urs Schürch - Corona - connection@gmx.net - Suse 9.1 Professional - KDE 3.2
    - i386

  2. Re: Change Standardbrowser

    * Urs Schürch wrote in comp.os.linux:
    > I Installed Firefox and i'd like to have it as standard browser. I set it as
    > standard browser and I set also "verify if set standard browser at startup"
    > but if I open a weblink in an other application still konqueror is used. I
    > didn't found a possibility to change the standardbrowser in the
    > controlcenter.

    What does

    echo $BROWSER

    return?

    --
    David
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

  3. Re: Change Standardbrowser

    Urs Schürch wrote:
    > I Installed Firefox and i'd like to have it as standard browser. I set it as
    > standard browser and I set also "verify if set standard browser at startup"
    > but if I open a weblink in an other application still konqueror is used. I
    > didn't found a possibility to change the standardbrowser in the
    > controlcenter.

    Control Center / KDE Components / Component Chooser / Web Browser

    Larry