bridging firewall - Linux

This is a discussion on bridging firewall - Linux ; Hi, I am trying to make a bridgeing firewall out of a linux box. What is the current best package for this?...

  1. bridging firewall

    Hi,

    I am trying to make a bridgeing firewall out of a linux box. What is the
    current best package for this?

  2. Re: bridging firewall

    John Smith wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to make a bridgeing firewall out of a linux box. What is the
    > current best package for this?

    The standard bridge tools combined with iptables should do fine.
    You can use shorewall if you want more human-readable fw rules.

    If by "package" you mean an all-in-one solution where you don't have to
    have any knowledge of either bridging or packet filtering - tough luck.

+ Reply to Thread