Question on usb - Linux

This is a discussion on Question on usb - Linux ; Hi all, Iam new usb subsystem. I have few questions on usb 1) I like to usb Bus Enumeration is os Dependent or independent 2) How usb Bus Enumeration happens when a device is plugged in to linux os. 3) ...

  1. Question on usb

    Hi all,
    Iam new usb subsystem. I have few questions on usb
    1) I like to usb Bus Enumeration is os Dependent or independent
    2) How usb Bus Enumeration happens when a device is plugged in to
    linux os.
    3) If i have a usb- device how can i know it comes under which class.
    Why devices are classified in usb.?
    Thanks in advance,
    with regards,
    Babu

  2. Re: Question on usb

    On Nov 20, 7:24 pm, "linuxsrb...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Iam new usb subsystem. I have few questions on usb
    > 1) I like to usb Bus Enumeration is os Dependent or independent
    > 2) How usb Bus Enumeration happens when a device is plugged in to
    > linux os.
    > 3) If i have a usb- device how can i know it comes under which class.
    > Why devices are classified in usb.?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > with regards,
    > Babu

    First try to understand what USB is. Have a read of the following
    site.
    http://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb1.htm

    To find out about nitty-gritty stuff about USB read
    http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/

    Cheers
    Janaka

+ Reply to Thread