serial monitoring with RTS/CTS - Linux

This is a discussion on serial monitoring with RTS/CTS - Linux ; Hi all. I have the Linux kernel 2.6 I need to use and monitoring a serial using HW control pins RTS/CTS. I have tried to use: ioctl(fd, TIOCMBIS, TIOCM_RTS); for set high the RTS pin. but I have this error: ...

  1. serial monitoring with RTS/CTS

    Hi all.
    I have the Linux kernel 2.6

    I need to use and monitoring a serial using HW control pins RTS/CTS.

    I have tried to use: ioctl(fd, TIOCMBIS, TIOCM_RTS);
    for set high the RTS pin.

    but I have this error: -1.

    someone can help me?

    thanks in advance.
    Marco Guai

  2. Re: serial monitoring with RTS/CTS

    marco.guai@gmail.com writes:

    > Hi all.
    > I have the Linux kernel 2.6
    >
    > I need to use and monitoring a serial using HW control pins RTS/CTS.
    >
    > I have tried to use: ioctl(fd, TIOCMBIS, TIOCM_RTS);
    > for set high the RTS pin.

    Try:

    int flags = TIOCM_RTS;
    ioctl(fd, TIOCMBIS, &flags);