Hands-on with miShare

,----[ Quote ]
| If you missed it, the miShare is a little Linux-based device with a pair of
| iPod docking ports that can shuttle files from one iPod to another. We got to
| see it in action with a pair of nanos, and the operation was pretty
| painless -- if a little sluggish, they're claiming about 500K a second, at
| the low end of the USB 2.0 spectrum.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/20/h...-with-mishare/

The REAL Reason the Linux Community Didn’t Come Up With the iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| If there is a lack of innovation in the computer world, it is not because of
| any failings on the part of Open Source. Scientists of all people should
| understand the value of sharing knowledge and efforts. A distributed group of
| scientists have a better chance of solving complex problems than a small
| group working in isolation. The Open Source model is about sharing and
| teamwork. Encapsulation breeds jealousy and mistrust. There is no motivation
| to share knowledge when personal or corporate profit becomes the focus.
`----

http://ubuntukids.org/blog/?p=60

This is a response to FUD:

Article in Discover Magazine Makes Grossly Inaccurate Statements About Open
Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| I encourage you to submit your own letter to the editor of Discover Magazine
| at editorial {at} discovermagazine.com
`----

http://binaryfreedom.info/node/257

Related:

iPhone matures the "free your phone" movement

,----[ Quote ]
| This is why FreeTheIPhone.org project is born, but even better, why OpenMoko
| project exists. While some are trying to free the locked down device, others
| are creating a free unlocked device from the start, and a whole software
| framework to go with it. *
`----

http://www.mobiliberty.com/iphone_ma...phone_movement

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| "We were very aware that the growth in mobile for Linux was huge, but we
| didn't know it was so astronomic," Amanda McPherson, marketing director for
| the Linux Foundation, told LinuxInsider. "These are very encouraging
| numbers." Why Linux has drawn significant support from the community of
| handset manufacturers can be explained on several fronts, McPherson said. * *
`----

Google Android dev kit exposes Apple-inspired roots

,----[ Quote ]
| The release to developers of Google's Linux-based Android operating system
| for mobile phones reveals that the prototype software shares at least a few
| aspects in common with interfaces from the company's Bay Area neighbor,
| Apple. *
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...red_roots.html

Reaction to Google's Android Is Positive, Cautious

,----[ quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20071115/bs_nf/56748