Seek Enlightenment for an easy-to-use Linux GUI

,----[ Quote ]
| There are numerous reasons to become an Enlightenment user:
| * You need a GUI on an older machine that is not powerful enough to run
| the more resource-intensive KDE or GNOME
| * You want something a little different
| * You want to control users so they only have access to certain
| applications
| * You want a GUI that is stable, fast, and flexible
| Those reasons may not be show-stoppers, nor will they see IT departments
| migrating hundreds or thousands of desktops to Enlightenment, but the small
| list above is reason enough to have many making the switch from their typical
| GUI to E.

How to completely ditch GUI internet applications for the command line

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, terminal-based programs have almost disappeared. GUIs are taking over,
| whether we like it or not. However, there is still a place for the old
| command line. Take the internet as an example: everyone’s using Firefox,
| Thunderbird, and Pidgin for their internet activities. Even though these are
| great, quality, free software apps, they tend to be bloated. That’s where the
| terminal comes in.

Enlightenment Engage Dock

,----[ Quote ]
| Engage is a beautiful dock replacement for Linux. It looks
| high tech, futuristic, and smooth enough to be on anyH
| ollywood blockbuster.

Initial Implementation of Desktop Icons in E17

,----[ Quote ]
| E17 is maturing, and the TODO that needs to be completed for its
| release is shrinking.

E17 -- Desktop Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| You need to install E17 in order to fully appreciate the magnificent
| work of the programmers. The direction of changes is very good -- e17
| delivers a nice-looking desktop with many special effects, being easy
| and lightweight at the same time. When compared to its predecessor
| -- e16 -- it shows that the desktop personalization and new effects
| do not have to trigger additional hardware purchases. I only wish Ic
| ould say the same about GNOME and KDE. Also, I have to say that I
| wish the Microsoft products were as stable and functional as e17
| in alpha phase.

Elive 0.6.2 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Between the work still's on new things, Elive has released a new ISO, this
| iso contains basically updates of packages:
| * * * Packages updated: All the packages to has updates, set to day
| * * * Firefox 2: Now called iceweasel is fully implemented,
| * * * remember that thunderbird is now called icedove too
| * * * Flash 9: The first version stable of Flash 9 is released,
| * * * enjoy it directly on your Elive

Elive 0.5.2 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| The beta version of the future Flash 9 is included; update from X.Org
| 7.0 to 7.1; Intel wireless firmware updates for the ipw2x00 models
| of wireless cards; Torus trooper, an amazing game made by Kenta Cho,
| with a retro-futuristic style; Transmission, a small basic
| BitTorrent client...

YDL uses Enlightnement and runs on the Playstation 3

When will we hear the end of computer quacks?

,----[ Quote ]
| So why beat the dead skunk again? Check it out: Don Norman discovered
| command line interfaces! And he's about to take his discovery to the
| press! Yes, he thinks this is an original discovery all his own.
| [...]
| I can't wait until Microsoft invents apt-get so he can fawn over it next...

Geek to Live: The command line comeback

,----[ Quote ]
| The advent of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) forever
| revolutionized personal computing. A windowed system with point
| and click icons made computers usable for anyone who couldn't deal
| with a black screen and a prompt waiting for arcane textual commands.
| But in recent years, this enormous interface change is coming full
| circle. Amongst power users - and more and more, regular Joe's - the
| command line is making a comeback in modern web and desktop
| applications.

Who needs the command line? (Well, actually, we all do)

,----[ Quote ]
| "We'll always have Paris", Humphrey Bogart said to Ingrid Bergman
| in the iconic climax of Casablanca - and we will always have the
| command line. Here's looking at you kid!

Death of the command line

,----[ Quote ]