Trojan spreads using PI wiretapping scare

,----[ Quote ]
| Net security firm Sophos reports that among the malware types downloaded onto
| infected PCs is an item of scareware which displays a fake Windows Security
| Centre alert in a bid to trick victims into purchasing bogus security
| software.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11...p_trojan_scam/

Targeted e-mail attacks spoof DOJ, business group

,----[ Quote ]
| The Trojan horse that gets installed on a computer allows an attacker to have
| remote access to the machine, but MessageLabs security analyst Paul Wood said
| the attacker's exact purpose was not clear. "Once they get access to the
| machine remotely, they can use that machine for anything," Wood said.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6219559.html

Yesterday:

Trojan horse spreads quickly through Microsoft's IM

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is really growing rapidly," said Lichtman. Six hours after it first
| found the Trojan horse, Aladdin put the total number of assembled bots at
| about 500; three hours later, that had climbed to several thousand. By 12:30
| p.m. EST Monday, the botnet had been built out to 11,000 machines. *
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...4194304;fpid;1

Related:

The end of Windows, or a security expert gives up

,----[ Quote ]
| And then go and warn others to do the same. Windows is defeated - its days
| are over. It carries the worm inside. So whatever will
| happen next: RIP, Windows.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=456

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
| the BBC reports.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.wired.com/politics/securi...tymatters_1004