Award-winning Snort creator Roesch shares secrets of his success

,----[ Quote ]
| "We've been extremely successful in the financial services world. You can try
| to ban open source software all you want, but if you're buying your
| infrastructure from Cisco, you're actually employing a lot of Linux. Most
| security technologies run on top of Linux. You can only ban it so far. Even
| the people who actually build your equipment are using it."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121377

Related:

Sun's open source strategy questioned

,----[ Quote ]
| The company has been offering up to open source crown jewels such as its Java
| platform and the Solaris OS. Singer, who was vice president of Global
| Information Systems Strategy at Sun, stressed that he agreed with a lot of
| the open source efforts, such as open-sourcing Solaris and Java. But he said
| he thought the company was over-emphasizing open source when it should have
| been focusing on generating revenues; he disagreed with new CEO Jonathan
| Schwartz about the effort and this was one reason Singer left the company in
| March after having been at Sun since 2003. * * *
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93228

Cisco is hiring for multiple Open Source positions

,----[ Quote ]
| And it is hiring Open Source enthusiasts to fill its technical positions.
| Read on to know whether you fit the job profile.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/1...iple-open.html

Cisco offers up safe mapping tool as open source

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first we've come across an open source tool from Cisco. What are
| the others it has offered?
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/18481

Chambers: We're Not Plumbers Anymore *

,----[ Quote ]
| by internetnews.com Chambers responded, "I think that open source or
| open content is the future. You want to be able to create your own
| content and we want to do that empowerment."
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news...21313266324796

Cisco reseller insults open source

,----[ Quote ]
| I believe that open source is something to be proud of and not the liability
| that you claim it to be. Cisco claims to have developed their own operating
| system, but I doubt that they started from scratch. What they probably did is
| base it on BSD-licensed code, since there is no requirement to redistribute
| their modifications. This is yet another reason to support the GPL over BSD
| type licenses. * *
`----

http://useopensource.blogspot.com/20...en-source.html

Cisco Unwires Linux Symposium

,----[ Quote ]
| "Cisco embraces the Linux community and appreciates the opportunity to
| work directly with them at this event."
|
| "With a major event like the Linux Symposium we have to get hundreds of
| laptops networked in a relatively small area," said Andrew Hutton,
| founder of the Linux Symposium.
`----

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technol...07969947958244

Open source router on par with Cisco, users say

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.c...218088,00.html