[News] 180,000 Classroom Desktops Get GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] 180,000 Classroom Desktops Get GNU/Linux - Linux ; Every Macedonian Student to Use Ubuntu-Powered Computer Workstations ,----[ Quote ] | Popular Linux distribution to appear on more than 180,000 classroom desktops | nationwide. `---- http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/11/prweb570256.htm ,----[ Quote ] | NComputing Announces Availability of $70 Virtual PC Solutions on ...

  1. [News] 180,000 Classroom Desktops Get GNU/Linux

    `----

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | NComputing Announces Availability of $70 Virtual PC Solutions on Ubuntu Linux
    | Operating System
    `----

    http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release.do?id=794793

    Top Ten Reasons Why Ubuntu Is Best for Enterprise Use

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Ubuntu is the darling of the Linux desktop space. Voted No. 16 in PC World's
    | Top 100 Products for 2007 and now coming as an option for Dell users straight
    | out of the box, this Linux distribution is increasingly deployed on corporate
    | networks.
    `----

    http://www.cio.com/article/155753/

    Related:

    Kubuntu Takes Over Georgia; Ubuntu Summit Video

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Georgia is rolling out Kubuntu in all their schools. This is being
    | done as part of a project to bring the internet to every school
    | in Georgia.
    `----

    http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2797

    Russian Linux (ALTLinux) to be installed in every school in Russia

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Russian OS is to be installed on every school computer in Russia by 2009.
    | Furthermore, every pupil will get the opportunity to operate the applied
    | software produced in Russia, Leonid Reiman, acting Minister of Communication
    | stated at a press conference. According to Mr. Reiman, that might
    | significantly reduce Russian dependence on foreign software. * *
    `----

    http://eng.cnews.ru/news/top/indexEn...%2F14%2F266177

    Linux Makes the Grade

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Today, more than 100,000 Indiana school kids (in all, 300,000 high schoolers
    | are slated to receive one) have their own $298 computer and monitor with
    | numerous free software applications, and, in turn, schools across the state
    | have secure, reliable, sophisticated server systems thanks to Linux-based
    | open source technology. * *
    `----

    http://techlearning.com/story/showAr...leID=196604800

  2. Re: [News] 180,000 Classroom Desktops Get GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Every Macedonian Student to Use Ubuntu-Powered Computer Workstations
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Popular Linux distribution to appear on more than 180,000 classroom desktops
    >| nationwide.
    > `----

    Expect Ballmer and/or Gates to be at the relevant Macedonian ministry
    within hours, bearing "gifts".

    We'll find out how corruptible Macedonian government is soon.

    It's an interesting side-effect of Microsoft's current activities, that
    we're finding all kinds of corruption going on!