Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista - Linux ; "Linonut" wrote in message news:sBK1j.731$mb.671@bignews9.bellsouth.net... >* chrisv fired off this tart reply: > >> Some troll pretending to be "chrisv" wrote >> >> Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv! > > Let me not ignore /you/ ...

  1. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    >* chrisv fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Some troll pretending to be "chrisv" wrote
    >>
    >> Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv!

    > Let me not ignore /you/ just long enough to note you post through
    > dizum.com
    >
    > If you were smart, you'd have more control over your headers.

    If he were smart, he would be far more interesting.

  2. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    news25k15-ev5.ln1@amd64.brunel.eu...
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ chrisv on Friday 23 November 2007 19:25 : \____

    >>> Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take
    >>> advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you
    >>> thinks.

    >> Thanks for snipping whatever that exploitative scum had to say. I can
    >> only
    >> imagine that he supports suppression. He is a a fascist.

    > amicus_curious/billwg is Bill Weisgerber. This twat has done his shill
    > service
    > for MS for years, so naturally he supports suppression of anything that
    > isn't
    > M$.

    For the record, this is not true, but I am curious as to just what is the
    source of your assertion.

  3. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > "William Poaster" wrote in message
    > news25k15-ev5.ln1@amd64.brunel.eu...
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ chrisv on Friday 23 November 2007 19:25 : \____

    >>> Thanks for snipping whatever that exploitative scum had to say. I can
    >>> only
    >>> imagine that he supports suppression. He is a a fascist.

    >> amicus_curious/billwg is Bill Weisgerber. This twat has done his shill
    >> service
    >> for MS for years, so naturally he supports suppression of anything that
    >> isn't
    >> M$.
    >>

    > For the record, this is not true,

    It is true.
    You used to post as "billwg" before you changed your handle, which is just
    another nym for "Bill Weisgerber"

    Incidentally one of the most dishonest posters ever

    > but I am curious as to just what is the
    > source of your assertion.

    Certainly. To ask for "proof" flatfish style
    --
    Law of Probable Dispersal:
    Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

  4. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    * amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>* amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> Ask yourself the honest question in regard to your own achievements.
    >>> Have
    >>> you ever done anything that made the slightest change in the way that the
    >>> world behaves? I have ...

    >> What have /you/ done?
    >>

    > Over time I have been the contributor of technical advances that make the
    > jet airliners fly higher and faster and with more economy, and have made jet
    > engines lighter and more powerful. I have helped make the shuttle fly.

    What, in your spare time?

    So were you the one working on the O-rings?

    > That seems like an unconnected thought. Can you honestly say that Homer has
    > demonstrated any aptitude at all for being clever and articulate? Of course
    > not. I have certainly demonstrated that abiltity though.

    No, you haven't. You mostly just make stuff up.

    --
    Tux rox!

  5. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    * amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>
    >> If you were smart, you'd have more control over your headers.
    >>

    > If he were smart, he would be far more interesting.

    Now don't be a hypocrite, Bill.

    --
    Tux rox!

  6. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    >* amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >

    >> "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>>* amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:

    >>> What have /you/ done?
    >>>

    >> Over time I have been the contributor of technical advances that make the
    >> jet airliners fly higher and faster and with more economy, and have made
    >> jet
    >> engines lighter and more powerful. I have helped make the shuttle fly.

    > What, in your spare time?

    No, it was my day job.

    > So were you the one working on the O-rings?

    Afterwards actually. In the aftermath I was part of the project to
    establish more extensive analysis of the o-ring burnout of the recovered
    booster sections at Morton-Thiokol in Promontory, Utah.

    >> That seems like an unconnected thought. Can you honestly say that Homer
    >> has
    >> demonstrated any aptitude at all for being clever and articulate? Of
    >> course
    >> not. I have certainly demonstrated that abiltity though.

    > No, you haven't. You mostly just make stuff up.

    Easy for you to say, but you are just hand waving there. And you are still
    missing the point, confusing one thought with another.

  7. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    >* amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> If you were smart, you'd have more control over your headers.
    >>>

    >> If he were smart, he would be far more interesting.

    > Now don't be a hypocrite, Bill.

    Can you state for the record that you find his posts captivating?

  8. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >

    >> "William Poaster" wrote in message
    >> news25k15-ev5.ln1@amd64.brunel.eu...

    >>> amicus_curious/billwg is Bill Weisgerber. This twat has done his shill
    >>> service
    >>> for MS for years, so naturally he supports suppression of anything that
    >>> isn't
    >>> M$.
    >>>

    >> For the record, this is not true,

    > It is true.
    > You used to post as "billwg" before you changed your handle, which is just
    > another nym for "Bill Weisgerber"

    And you have come to this conclusion how?

    > Incidentally one of the most dishonest posters ever

    Another interesting claim often made by the more intelligent posters such as
    yourself, "chrisv", "7", and "rick". Can you point to some example, though?
    Or is that just more mantra?

    >> but I am curious as to just what is the
    >> source of your assertion.

    > Certainly. To ask for "proof" flatfish style
    > --

    That sentence seems unfinished and is completely uninformative.

  9. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 00:35:12 -0600, SW wrote:

    >DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> The record I've seen is 6 lies in one sentence by a cola idiot named
    >> Aragorn:
    >>
    >>> Maybe in a couple of years, after you've
    >>> upgraded your hardware to a 64-bit CPU with 4 GB RAM just to be able
    >>> to accommodate Windows Vista - which is nothing more than an updated
    >>> XP - and see it go BSOD, require umpteen reboots or get compromised
    >>> by malware within 20 minutes after you've taken it for its first
    >>> ride on the Internet, you will realize.

    >> Lie 1: 64-bit required for Vista

    true. The 64 bit version is even slower.

    >> Lie 2: 4gb RAM required for Vista

    The amount of memory needed is more than Vista can address.

    >> Lie 3: nothing more than an updated XP

    No. ****ing up an OS as seriously as vista required a grounds up effort.
    If XP is a pig, Vista is an elephant with diahrea.

    >> Lie 4: I've installed Vista 3x, downloaded various video and sound
    >> drivers, installed and played old and new games, and it has yet to
    >> even hiccup let alone BSOD

    Whoopie. You could do that with a vic-20.

    >> Lie 5: requires umpteen reboots (truth is it requires few reboots)

    Few being about 10.

    >> Lie 6: compromised w/in 20 minutes of being on the 'Net

    It is compromised right out of the box.

  10. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    ____/ p5000011 on Saturday 24 November 2007 13:58 : \____

    > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 13:19:15 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

    >>> ____/ Kier on Friday 23 November 2007 22:54 : \____

    >> Slavery is not a "job", as you put it.

    >> You mean you need to /ask/ if a child wants to be sold into slavery?
    >>
    >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=19gUiVcE49E
    >>
    >> And this travesty is not restricted to just children. You demand
    >> testimonies as proof?: http://uk.youtube.com/user/nlcnet
    >>
    >> Translations available here: http://www.nlcnet.org
    >>
    >> So far you demonstrated that you're a Global Warming denialist, and
    >> now a Slave Labour denialist.

    > [snip]
    >
    > Excellent post. The way some people try and justify the exploitation
    > of those living in poorer nations, especially children, is disgusting.
    > There is ample documentary evidence to be found and Jim's 'whines'
    > comment above simply shows how little he cares. He couldn't even be
    > bothered to google for it.

    It is also one of those issues that journalists will be scared to document and
    cover properly (like writing critically about Microsoft, Disney, and the
    _MEDIA ITSELF_... the one you write/produce /for/). Michael Moore could help
    here...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | < http://debian.org >
    run-level 2 2007-10-30 19:49 last=

  11. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    ____/ Kier on Saturday 24 November 2007 13:38 : \____

    > Yes. It is at least better than no work at all, however unpleasant it may
    > be. Not all workers in sweatshops *are* what you term slaves (and forced
    > child labour is really a different issue anyway).

    If you haven't a choice, this can be seen as slavery. You are virtually forced
    to work. Don't get me wrong here. As a teenager, I worked on the production
    line and also in Burger King (washing and cleaning there and elsewhere).
    Unlike some aristocrats talking for the poor (or 'humanitarians' on a high
    horse), I think I know what I'm talking about... and I think I can spot
    slavery when I see it. Using fancy words to avoid the negative connotation
    of "slavery" (often visualised using an image of dark people and whips)
    doesn't make it much different.

    It never ceases to amaze me how many people blindly accept, defend and even
    encourage some of the most broken, corrupt, and unethical things that we have
    ruining our **world** (not just the human race, aka "society"). And you know
    something? That, among other things, leads to terrorism. Wait until people's
    homes get flooded because of global warming. When it comes to revolt and
    terrorism, you ain't seen nothing yet! The Western world thinks it can 'cuff'
    people rather than resolve the issues (using censorship, spying, draconian
    laws, and whatnot). It's just a ticking bomb waiting to explode. You can't
    suppress and dumb-down an exploited large majority forever.

    When more world wars erupt, all one should say is "we did to ourselves."

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | (S)oftware (U)nd (S)ystem(E)ntwicklung

  12. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > ____/ Linonut on Friday 23 November 2007 18:16 : \____
    >
    >> * amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >>> Ask yourself the honest question in regard to your own achievements. Have
    >>> you ever done anything that made the slightest change in the way that the
    >>> world behaves? I have ...

    >> What have /you/ done?
    >>
    >>> and Bill Gates certainly has and even Linus Torvalds
    >>> has, But has [H]omer the Loon? I doubt it. And if I am wrong, I would
    >>> apologize if you were to give any hint of what that might have been and
    >>> could describe how you managed to do it.
    >>>>
    >>> Such an overdone allegory is a poor way to show that you have any aptitude
    >>> for cleverness, [H]omer! You look foolish and shallow. You also show a
    >>> complete lack of understanding of how poker is played, but I doubt that
    >>> ocurred to you.

    >> Again, one has to ask, what have /you/ done?

    > Certainly not a pair of shoes... not for $1.20 for 12 hours of work (10 cents
    > an hour with limitation on water and toilet breaks).
    >
    > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pgl7vD...eature=related

    How much do you pay the OSS developers who write your beloved SW Roy? A
    damn sight less than the University/Government pay you to be a
    professional sponger all your life I'll warrant. God you're a
    hypocrite. And, btw, it's slander to refer to someone as "fascist" with
    no proof other than the fact they think SW should be paid for.

    --
    La probabilita' che qualcuno ti osservi e' direttamente proporzionale
    alla stupidita' della tua azione.

  13. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    ____/ Jim Richardson on Sunday 25 November 2007 01:18 : \____

    > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:50:25 +0000,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> ____/ p5000011 on Saturday 24 November 2007 13:58 : \____

    >>> [snip]
    >>>
    >>> Excellent post. The way some people try and justify the exploitation
    >>> of those living in poorer nations, especially children, is disgusting.
    >>> There is ample documentary evidence to be found and Jim's 'whines'
    >>> comment above simply shows how little he cares. He couldn't even be
    >>> bothered to google for it.

    >> It is also one of those issues that journalists will be scared to document
    >> and cover properly (like writing critically about Microsoft, Disney, and the
    >> _MEDIA ITSELF_... the one you write/produce /for/). Michael Moore could help
    >> here...
    >>

    > What? by making **** up?

    No, not quite. There's a reality there. The West has created a perfect scenario
    and a convenient /status quo/ to fit its ego. It's a scenario where people
    must work for pittance (be exploited) or die. So, while those people are being
    abused, the one who leans over on a gigantic cash pile believes that s/he
    actually helps those people whom s/he abuses. It's akin to the robber baron
    flinging coins at bums in the streets.

    Anyway, it's totally off topic for COLA. We could write very long messages
    about it endlessly. To actually make a difference _in that respect_ one needs
    to talk to those who are exploited and raise awareness (mouth meets ear). The
    exploiters are too powerful and those who watch over them are frequently
    bribed, so you're talking to deaf ears in the West.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Modern man is the missing link between Neanderthals and the civilised man

  14. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Nov 24, 8:18 pm, Jim Richardson wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:50:25 +0000,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > > ____/ p5000011 on Saturday 24 November 2007 13:58 : \____

    Very true, but for street urchins, orphans, and kids whose parents
    have died of AIDS, been killed in wars, or just begging in the
    streets, slavery is often a lifestyle upgrade. Most people don't
    starve their slaves to death. Normally, if a slave is a good worker,
    you want to make sure that he is healthy, and safe.

    The big problem with slavery is that some slaves rebel, and this often
    results in a cycle of abuse and rebellion. In some cases, the
    rebellion and abuse get so terrible that even death is preferable.

    It depends. Remember that only about 10% of the slaves in the south
    would try to escape north. For most, the work was hard, but the food
    was good. The hours were long, but the clothes were provided. The
    domestics even considered themselves to be lucky.

    When slaves tried to run, they were often recaptured and traded or
    sold to plantations that specialised in hard to manage slaves. Often,
    escaped slaves who had been recaptured were worked and punished in
    these harsh camps, and brought to work on their original plantation
    during harvest season, so that he could be a warning to other freedom-
    minded slaves of the possible consequences of running.

    Even after the Civil War, supposedly "free" workers were forced to
    work in coal mines, often in deadly conditions, and had to spend
    nearly all of their available income to live in shanty shacks and buy
    rotten food from the "company store". It was slavery thinly disguised
    as freedom and wages.

    Often, the children being sold into slavery know exactly what they are
    doing, and volunteer for the duty. Often, they think that if theiy
    are "sold" to some rich man, especially a rich American, that they
    will end up with a much better lifestyle than they would if they were
    just begging in the streets. They also know that if their price is
    high enough, only rich people could afford them. In addition, a high
    price can feed the family for several years.

    Many people come up from Mexico thinking that they are coming
    legally. They get passports, paperwork, visas, and other documents
    that make them think that they will be legal immigrants. It's only
    when they cross the US border and are deep into the rural regions of
    Texas that someone, often with a machine gun, collects their forged
    passports, and tells them that they will be harvesting vegetables for
    the next few months. They get paid, but they have to pay for their
    room, board, and bottled water. Often, they are kept in Quanset huts,
    very hot in the daytime, very cold in the nights of the low humidity.

    Even then, they are only needed during the harvest season, usually
    September, October, and November. Then they are loaded into a big
    truck, given several bottles of moon-shine, taquila, or other
    alcoholic beverages, and driven for several hours in the enclosed
    truck that can reach temperatures over 100 degrees. In a few hours,
    often late in the night, they open the truck and turn the now drunken
    workers loose in a back ally. No papers, no documentation, no job,
    and no prospects. The truck drives away, and never comes back. To
    survive, the workers try to find any work they can. Many turn
    themselves into immagration, only to find out that Mexico has no
    record of their passports and work Visas. Often, they are just
    dropped off in the middle of the deserts of Chihuahua, where they
    could die of thirst or starvation. Sending them back to their home-
    towns would expose the racket.

    I think it was Ben Franklin who pointed out that the North had slaves
    too, but they just RENTED them. The problem of living in the cold
    climates of the north is that those who don't work and haven't learned
    how to "play the system" can easily freeze to death. Even if they
    don't die immediately, pneumonia, influenza, and and frost-bite can
    kill someone within a few weeks or months. Until the mid 1930s, it
    wasn't that uncommon to see dead bodies of starving frozen sick people
    lying in the streets after a cold snap.

    The big question these days isn't so much about whether Global warming
    exists, but rather how long we have to correct the problem, and how
    best to stop or reverse the warming trend. The idealists want to use
    solar and wind power exclusively. The right-wingers think they can
    find ways to capture or filter and process the exhaust from
    traditional fuels. The moderates and pragmitists realize that global
    warming reversal requires a multi-faceted approach.

    Low waste nuclear power such as sodium cooled "breeder" reactors,
    placed very close to waste storage facilities that are far away from
    dense populations is practical, possible, but threatens the tax and
    revenue streams of big government and big corporations.

    Finding ways to ionize liquid fuel into vapors to improve engine
    efficiency is also unpopular in both the auto makers as well as the
    oil companies. Finding ways to improve air circulation and reduce
    engine size, such as supercharging smaller engines, as small as 1
    litre, are also unpopular.

    Having major coastal cities use desalinated sea water so that water
    stored in diversion projects and dams can be used to increase
    agricaltural output, especially in recoverable desert regions is
    expensive, and cities are unwilling to deal with the taxes and expense
    to do it.

    Having huge amounts of land irrigated to produce non-productive
    forests, such as rain-forests, and other "desert friendly" vegetation
    that has absolutely no economic value is just expensive. Politicians
    are unwilling to impose substantial taxes on development of land that
    is useless for camping, recreation, or any other revenue generating
    functions.

    The question is whether these extreme measures will be taken in time
    to effectively reverse the warming trend. Some believe that if the
    saline levels go to low from polar ice melt, that it will trigger self-
    correcting hurricanes that will freeze the polar ice caps again.

    If a politician or political party started imposing almost $1 trillion
    in additional taxes, would you be willing to pay another 10-20% of
    your gross income?

    The problem is that we know what could be done, even what should be
    done, but we don't have an effective way to pay for all of it.

  15. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:00:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > It never ceases to amaze me how many people blindly accept, defend and even
    > encourage some of the most broken, corrupt, and unethical things that we have
    > ruining our **world** (not just the human race, aka "society"). And you know

    I'm not defending it. Please stop putting words in my mouth, Roy. Of
    course it's bad and should be stopped. Just not by the methods described
    in the original post, which helps no one.

    --
    Kier

  16. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    Rex Ballard wrote:

    > Many people come up from Mexico thinking that they are coming legally.
    > They get passports, paperwork, visas, and other documents that make them
    > think that they will be legal immigrants. It's only when they cross the
    > US border and are deep into the rural regions of Texas that someone,
    > often with a machine gun, collects their forged passports, and tells
    > them that they will be harvesting vegetables for the next few months.
    > They get paid, but they have to pay for their room, board, and bottled
    > water. Often, they are kept in Quanset huts, very hot in the daytime,
    > very cold in the nights of the low humidity.

    Sure, Rex. We believe you. They're so stupid that they think they're
    legal. I'm sure they get the "passports, paperwork, visas, and other
    documents" right from the US Embassy. They don't know people who have
    already gone North, either.

  17. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Linonut" wrote:
    >
    >>* amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:

    >>> If he were smart, he would be far more interesting.

    >> Now don't be a hypocrite, Bill.
    >>

    > Can you state for the record that you find his posts captivating?

    The forger's posts? Damn, you are a *stupid* scumbag.

  18. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote:>
    >> Incidentally one of the most dishonest posters ever
    >>

    > Another interesting claim often made by the more intelligent posters
    > such as yourself, "chrisv", "7", and "rick". Can you point to some
    > example, though? Or is that just more mantra?

    LOL You're a bald-faced LIAR, as I have documented on MANY occasions.

  19. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    Linonut wrote:

    > * amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> That seems like an unconnected thought. Can you honestly say that
    >> Homer has demonstrated any aptitude at all for being clever and
    >> articulate? Of course not. I have certainly demonstrated that
    >> abiltity though.

    > No, you haven't. You mostly just make stuff up.

    Indeed. He has the "abiltity" to be a filthy liar and an asshole, for
    sure.

  20. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > For the record, this is not true,

    Too bad that a pathological liar like you cannot be believed, rat, so
    your "for the record" is meaningless.