Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista - Linux ; amicus_curious wrote: > You are a silly loon in my opinion. Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you thinks. >(snip claptrap)...

  1. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > You are a silly loon in my opinion.

    Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take
    advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you
    thinks.

    >(snip claptrap)

  2. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    Some troll pretending to be "chrisv" wrote
    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >>"chrisv" wrot:
    >>>
    >>> We know that M$ market power assures them steady income, you slimey
    >>> POS. All the more ironic that the crapware they produce is inferior
    >>> to that produced by what lying assholes like you call "amateurs".
    >>>

    >>So you actually agree with me that Linux is a loser?

    > Not unless your name is "Linux", loser.
    >
    >>Nevermind if the game
    >>is fair or not, it is the winning and the losing that matters, eh?

    > For greedy, immoral scum, like you and your masters? Of course!

    Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv!

  3. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> You are a silly loon in my opinion.

    > Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take
    > advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you
    > thinks.
    >
    >>(snip claptrap)

    Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv!

  4. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    ____/ chrisv on Friday 23 November 2007 19:25 : \____

    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> You are a silly loon in my opinion.

    > Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take
    > advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you
    > thinks.
    >
    >>(snip claptrap)

    Thanks for snipping whatever that exploitative scum had to say. I can only
    imagine that he supports suppression. He is a a fascist.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GNU is Not Universal (begin recursion)
    23:20:02 up 24 days, 3:18, 4 users, load average: 1.33, 1.06, 1.18

  5. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    ____/ Linonut on Friday 23 November 2007 18:16 : \____

    > * amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Ask yourself the honest question in regard to your own achievements. Have
    >> you ever done anything that made the slightest change in the way that the
    >> world behaves? I have ...

    > What have /you/ done?
    >
    >> and Bill Gates certainly has and even Linus Torvalds
    >> has, But has [H]omer the Loon? I doubt it. And if I am wrong, I would
    >> apologize if you were to give any hint of what that might have been and
    >> could describe how you managed to do it.
    >>>

    >> Such an overdone allegory is a poor way to show that you have any aptitude
    >> for cleverness, [H]omer! You look foolish and shallow. You also show a
    >> complete lack of understanding of how poker is played, but I doubt that
    >> ocurred to you.

    > Again, one has to ask, what have /you/ done?

    Certainly not a pair of shoes... not for $1.20 for 12 hours of work (10 cents
    an hour with limitation on water and toilet breaks).

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pgl7vD...eature=related

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
    Mem: 515500k total, 444952k used, 70548k free, 1400k buffers

  6. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ chrisv on Friday 23 November 2007 19:25 : \____
    >
    >> amicus_curious wrote:
    >>
    >>> You are a silly loon in my opinion.

    >> Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take
    >> advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you
    >> thinks.
    >>
    >>>(snip claptrap)

    > Thanks for snipping whatever that exploitative scum had to say. I can only
    > imagine that he supports suppression. He is a a fascist.

    amicus_curious/billwg is Bill Weisgerber. This twat has done his shill service
    for MS for years, so naturally he supports suppression of anything that isn't
    M$.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 (64bit), PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA 2

  7. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Nov 20, 12:32 pm, "ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu"
    wrote:

    > The majority of IT professionals worry that migrating to Windows Vista
    > will make their networks less stable and more complex, according to a
    > new survey....
    >
    > The survey, echoing one from Forrester last week, shows most IT
    > professionals are worried about Vista and that 44% have considered non-
    > Windows operating systems, such as Linux and Macintosh, to avoid the
    > Microsoft migration.
    >

    > http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...e/applications...

    blahblahblah, heard it zillions times before and nothing except more
    promises of Linux slaughtering Windows ever came out of crappy
    statement like that. Even if Vista is losing it (the stats suggest
    otherwise), the biggest beneficiaries would be OS X and XP instead of
    Linux as many linux nerds wishful thinking may lead them to believe.
    If you want to convince somebody, show some stats. Stop trying to BS
    us into using linux, cos nobody buys it.

  8. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    * chrisv fired off this tart reply:

    > Some troll pretending to be "chrisv" wrote
    >
    > Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv!

    Let me not ignore /you/ just long enough to note you post through
    dizum.com

    If you were smart, you'd have more control over your headers.

  9. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    * eatfastnoodle fired off this tart reply:

    > On Nov 20, 12:32 pm, "ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu"
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...e/applications...

    > blahblahblah, heard it zillions times before and nothing except more
    > promises of Linux slaughtering Windows ever came out of crappy
    > statement like that. Even if Vista is losing it (the stats suggest
    > otherwise), the biggest beneficiaries would be OS X and XP instead of
    > Linux as many linux nerds wishful thinking may lead them to believe.
    > If you want to convince somebody, show some stats. Stop trying to BS
    > us into using linux, cos nobody buys it.

    Do I sense a little fear in Mac Land, too? Interesting!

    I personally don't mind if someone wants to give the Mac a try. Get
    them a little used to UNIX, so that they're more likely to make their
    next machine a Linux box.

    --
    Tux rox!

  10. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Nov 23, 6:55 pm, Linonut wrote:
    > * eatfastnoodle fired off this tart reply:
    >
    > > On Nov 20, 12:32 pm, "ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu"
    > > wrote:

    > >>http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...e/applications...

    > > blahblahblah, heard it zillions times before and nothing except more
    > > promises of Linux slaughtering Windows ever came out of crappy
    > > statement like that. Even if Vista is losing it (the stats suggest
    > > otherwise), the biggest beneficiaries would be OS X and XP instead of
    > > Linux as many linux nerds wishful thinking may lead them to believe.
    > > If you want to convince somebody, show some stats. Stop trying to BS
    > > us into using linux, cos nobody buys it.

    > Do I sense a little fear in Mac Land, too? Interesting!
    >
    > I personally don't mind if someone wants to give the Mac a try. Get
    > them a little used to UNIX, so that they're more likely to make their
    > next machine a Linux box.
    >
    > --
    > Tux rox!

    Well, before you guys actually obtain market share higher than OS X,
    shutting up is a good way to go for linux guys. Seriously, making
    groundless claims about how everybody is kissing Linux's ass only
    serves to damage you credibility.

  11. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    eatfastnoodle wrote:

    > On Nov 23, 6:55 pm, Linonut wrote:
    >> * eatfastnoodle fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >> > On Nov 20, 12:32 pm, "ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu"
    >> > wrote:

    >>http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...e/applications...
    >>
    >> > blahblahblah, heard it zillions times before and nothing except more
    >> > promises of Linux slaughtering Windows ever came out of crappy
    >> > statement like that. Even if Vista is losing it (the stats suggest
    >> > otherwise), the biggest beneficiaries would be OS X and XP instead of
    >> > Linux as many linux nerds wishful thinking may lead them to believe.
    >> > If you want to convince somebody, show some stats. Stop trying to BS
    >> > us into using linux, cos nobody buys it.

    >> Do I sense a little fear in Mac Land, too? Interesting!
    >>
    >> I personally don't mind if someone wants to give the Mac a try. Get
    >> them a little used to UNIX, so that they're more likely to make their
    >> next machine a Linux box.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tux rox!

    > Well, before you guys actually obtain market share higher than OS X,

    At least in europe, it actually has a higher market share than OSX.
    The reason is quite simple: The apple prices are even more outrageous there
    than they are in the US

    > shutting up is a good way to go for linux guys. Seriously, making
    > groundless claims about how everybody is kissing Linux's ass only
    > serves to damage you credibility.

    Before you make sweeping generalizations, it would serve your credibility
    quite some bit if you had any clue to start with
    --
    I say you need to visit Clues 'R' Us. They are having a special on
    slightly used clues.

  12. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > At least in europe, it actually has a higher market share than OSX.
    > The reason is quite simple: The apple prices are even more outrageous
    > there than they are in the US

    So low price translates into greater market share in Europe? Then why not
    everywhere else in the world, dumbkopf?

    I guess Linux is a distortion of the market... (more like a distortion of
    common sense).

    > Before you make sweeping generalizations, it would serve your
    > credibility quite some bit if you had any clue to start with

    Look who's talking.

  13. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On 2007-11-24, Linonut claimed:
    > * eatfastnoodle fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> On Nov 20, 12:32 pm, "ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu"
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.computerworlduk.com/manag...e/applications...

    >> blahblahblah, heard it zillions times before and nothing except more
    >> promises of Linux slaughtering Windows ever came out of crappy
    >> statement like that. Even if Vista is losing it (the stats suggest
    >> otherwise), the biggest beneficiaries would be OS X and XP instead of
    >> Linux as many linux nerds wishful thinking may lead them to believe.
    >> If you want to convince somebody, show some stats. Stop trying to BS
    >> us into using linux, cos nobody buys it.

    > Do I sense a little fear in Mac Land, too? Interesting!
    >
    > I personally don't mind if someone wants to give the Mac a try. Get
    > them a little used to UNIX, so that they're more likely to make their
    > next machine a Linux box.

    I gave Mac a try. It's got Debian Etch on it now. That came *after* it
    had YDL and Ubuntu on it for a little while.

    That last time it had OS the Xth on it, it was beginning to act like it
    thought it was a Winders box.

    --
    A child's face says it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

  14. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:55:49 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    > I personally don't mind if someone wants to give the Mac a try. Get
    > them a little used to UNIX, so that they're more likely to make their
    > next machine a Linux box.

    Ditto, and it introduces the concept of an OS being a commodity where the
    TCO for Linux really shines.

    -Thufir

  15. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    DFS wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> At least in europe, it actually has a higher market share than OSX.
    >> The reason is quite simple: The apple prices are even more outrageous
    >> there than they are in the US

    > So low price translates into greater market share in Europe? Then why not
    > everywhere else in the world, dumbkopf?

    What part of "even more outrageous prices" was too difficult for you,
    DumbFull****?
    You seem to have problems with the fact that in europe apple prices are even
    *more* different from commodity PC prices than in the US
    Like "more than 2 1/2 times the price" for a laptop with similar
    capabilities.
    Even retards (like you, for example) are not dumb enough to pay that much
    without any real return value
    Hence the "low market share of apple", hence more computers transformed into
    useable ones with linux

    Do I need more smaller words, or could your little sister explain those
    parts of the post to you which were too difficult?
    --
    Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is
    no good.

  16. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 13:19:15 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

    >> ____/ Kier on Friday 23 November 2007 22:54 : \____

    > Slavery is not a "job", as you put it.

    > You mean you need to /ask/ if a child wants to be sold into slavery?
    >
    > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=19gUiVcE49E
    >
    > And this travesty is not restricted to just children. You demand
    > testimonies as proof?: http://uk.youtube.com/user/nlcnet
    >
    > Translations available here: http://www.nlcnet.org
    >
    > So far you demonstrated that you're a Global Warming denialist, and
    > now a Slave Labour denialist.

    [snip]

    Excellent post. The way some people try and justify the exploitation
    of those living in poorer nations, especially children, is disgusting.
    There is ample documentary evidence to be found and Jim's 'whines'
    comment above simply shows how little he cares. He couldn't even be
    bothered to google for it.

  17. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    * eatfastnoodle fired off this tart reply:

    > On Nov 23, 6:55 pm, Linonut wrote:
    >> * eatfastnoodle fired off this tart reply:
    >>
    >> Do I sense a little fear in Mac Land, too? Interesting!

    > Well, before you guys actually obtain market share higher than OS X,
    > shutting up is a good way to go for linux guys. Seriously, making
    > groundless claims about how everybody is kissing Linux's ass only
    > serves to damage you credibility.

    Market share schmarket share. I'm content to let pirates like Ballmer
    and Jobs worry about market share. In the meantime, we can do our work
    just fine with a Debian net-install on multiple machines, totally under
    the radar of market share.

    I'd like to see you Mac and Windows fluffers assess the market share of
    Live CDs and partition-recovery CDs, for example.

    And perusing the source code for your operating systems?
    Forgeddaboudid. (Just to clue you in that it is not all about
    consumer-land/toy-land.)

    --
    Community, not market share.

  18. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    >* amicus_curious fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> Ask yourself the honest question in regard to your own achievements.
    >> Have
    >> you ever done anything that made the slightest change in the way that the
    >> world behaves? I have ...

    > What have /you/ done?

    Over time I have been the contributor of technical advances that make the
    jet airliners fly higher and faster and with more economy, and have made jet
    engines lighter and more powerful. I have helped make the shuttle fly.

    >> and Bill Gates certainly has and even Linus Torvalds
    >> has, But has [H]omer the Loon? I doubt it. And if I am wrong, I would
    >> apologize if you were to give any hint of what that might have been and
    >> could describe how you managed to do it.
    >>>

    >> Such an overdone allegory is a poor way to show that you have any
    >> aptitude
    >> for cleverness, [H]omer! You look foolish and shallow. You also show a
    >> complete lack of understanding of how poker is played, but I doubt that
    >> ocurred to you.

    > Again, one has to ask, what have /you/ done?

    That seems like an unconnected thought. Can you honestly say that Homer has
    demonstrated any aptitude at all for being clever and articulate? Of course
    not. I have certainly demonstrated that abiltity though.

  19. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "[H]omer" wrote in message news:tsoj15-0hj.ln1@sky.matrix...

    > As for /my/ achievements, I do not set out to "change the world", other
    > than to play my part in attempting to prevent it from sinking further
    > into a pit of darkness, ruled by the aforementioned evil bastards. I

    It is easy to plan to fail, eh?

    > have no designs on exploiting others to achieve world domination, so I
    > can sit in a solid gold bathtub and rub dollar bills over my body,
    > whilst laughing like a hyena at the sweatshop labourers who facilitated
    > that exorbitance.

    I saw a two hour piece on Bill Gates on the public TV channel a while back
    and there was no mention of any gold bathtub or even of his rubbing dollar
    bills all over himself. I don't think you are being factual. Furthermore,
    I don't think that you are being very creative either. It is hard to image
    anyone being thrilled by such an activity. If you actually think that way,
    you are loonier than I originally thought.

    > None of the voluntary projects I've ever worked on have earned me so
    > much as a single penny

    But have they done any good at all? Details, please.

    >>> Such an overdone allegory is a poor way to show that you have any
    >>> aptitude for cleverness, [H]omer!

    > The point of my "overdone allegory" was to further expose Microsoft,
    > you, and others like you for the thugs that you are. I have no interest
    > in whether or not you perceive it as "clever", and indeed had not even
    > considered the notion. Apparently you did, which says considerably more
    > about you, than me.

    I was pointless and banal, Homer. Also technically inaccurate regarding
    poker.

    >>> You look foolish and shallow. You also show a complete lack of
    >>> understanding of how poker is played, but I doubt that ocurred to
    >>> you.

    > I compare Microsoft to a card mechanic, and you offer a poker lesson.

    One can only wonder where on earth your information regarding poker, card
    cheats, and such came from, but I would suggest that you find a better
    source.

    > That tells me everything I need to know about you.

    I can believe that is probably true, but you do not seem to appreciate how
    shallow your understanding is. You should work to obtain a deeper
    understanding of things, in which case your information about me is woefully
    insufficient.

  20. Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> You are a silly loon in my opinion.

    > Of course. Just like all the "suckers" who are too "weak" to take
    > advantage of others at every opportunity. That's the way filth like you
    > thinks.

    Do people often take advantage of you?