[News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate - Linux ; Linux faces up to Microsoft ,----[ Quote ] | "In the future there will be only two worlds of software - the open and the | closed one - and I believe that the open world of Linux will grow ...

  1. [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

    Linux faces up to Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "In the future there will be only two worlds of software - the open and the
    | closed one - and I believe that the open world of Linux will grow rapidly as
    | more and more countries adopt the platform to develop software," Zemlin said.
    `----

    http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/11/...y_30056714.php

    Related:

    Microsoft Must Earn Respect of FOSS Community

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Can you believe it? Given Microsoft's history of antagonism, It's hard to
    | believe anyone - let alone the Linux Foundation - would call on the FOSS
    | community to respect Microsoft. No, if Microsoft wants respect, they should
    | get it the 'old-fashioned' way - by earning it. *
    |
    | After Microsoft has treated our community like rogues for nearly 20 years,
    | called us Communists, claimed the GPL was 'unconstitutional', hijacked our
    | terminology and accused countless thousands of hackers and customers of
    | violating patents without giving anyone any opportunity at all to correct
    | these so-called violations, now the Executive Director at the Linux
    | Foundation calls on us to respect Microsoft? * *
    `----

    http://blue-gnu.biz/node/93

    Even Microsoft Can't Compete With Linux Forever

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | forces of Linux community -- Open Source Developer Labs and Free
    | Standards Group -- have come together to form Linux Foundation.
    | Here is an exclusive interview of Jim Zemlin, executive director
    | of Free Standards Group, with EFYTimes.
    `----

    http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/ful...asp?edid=16900

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Linux faces up to Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| "In the future there will be only two worlds of software - the open and the
    >| closed one - and I believe that the open world of Linux will grow rapidly as
    >| more and more countries adopt the platform to develop software," Zemlin said.
    > `----
    >
    > http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/11/...y_30056714.php

    He's being very cautious. He speaks about the run up to "equal" usage,
    but neglects to mention what happens next.

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:22 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Linux faces up to Microsoft
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| "In the future there will be only two worlds of software - the open and the
    >>| closed one - and I believe that the open world of Linux will grow rapidly
    >>| as more and more countries adopt the platform to develop software," Zemlin
    >>| said.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/11/...y_30056714.php

    > He's being very cautious. He speaks about the run up to "equal" usage,
    > but neglects to mention what happens next.

    Under Zemlin's reign, that's the point when Microsoft joins the Linux
    Foundation as a Gold Sponsor (think OSI). He would welcome them like Snow
    White and the witch.
    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Fetch SPAM quicker than you can type 'crond start'
    13:00:01 up 20 days, 16:58, 4 users, load average: 0.42, 0.55, 0.77

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:22 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> Linux faces up to Microsoft
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/11/...y_30056714.php

    >> He's being very cautious. He speaks about the run up to "equal" usage,
    >> but neglects to mention what happens next.

    > Under Zemlin's reign, that's the point when Microsoft joins the Linux
    > Foundation as a Gold Sponsor (think OSI). He would welcome them like Snow
    > White and the witch.

    Maybe, I really don't know. I think that the Linux Foundation is trying
    to pilot a difficult course between the monopoly of Microsoft and the
    anarchy of the Free Software world. Bear in mind that much of the
    target audience for LF is CIOs, many of whom have been at the brunt end
    of MS publicity for many years. Probably the LF needs to sound
    cooperative...

  5. Re: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 15:42 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:22 : \____
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> He's being very cautious. He speaks about the run up to "equal" usage,
    >>> but neglects to mention what happens next.

    >> Under Zemlin's reign, that's the point when Microsoft joins the Linux
    >> Foundation as a Gold Sponsor (think OSI). He would welcome them like Snow
    >> White and the witch.

    > Maybe, I really don't know. I think that the Linux Foundation is trying
    > to pilot a difficult course between the monopoly of Microsoft and the
    > anarchy of the Free Software world. Bear in mind that much of the
    > target audience for LF is CIOs, many of whom have been at the brunt end
    > of MS publicity for many years. Probably the LF needs to sound
    > cooperative...

    Yes, I know, and you're right. I did recognise that in the past. Zemlin should
    have called for "respect for Windows", not for Microsoft. Microsoft is a very
    corrupt company because of the people who run it. There is nothing to respect
    there.

    Oh, look what .sig was drawn _at random_ this time. Perfect fit.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Microsoft loves competition.
    "I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with anti-Linux. ...
    they should do a delicate dance"
    --Joachim Kempin, Microsoft OEM Chief

  6. Re: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 15:42 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 20 November 2007 09:22 : \____

    >>> Under Zemlin's reign, that's the point when Microsoft joins the Linux
    >>> Foundation as a Gold Sponsor (think OSI). He would welcome them like Snow
    >>> White and the witch.

    >> Maybe, I really don't know. I think that the Linux Foundation is trying
    >> to pilot a difficult course between the monopoly of Microsoft and the
    >> anarchy of the Free Software world. Bear in mind that much of the
    >> target audience for LF is CIOs, many of whom have been at the brunt end
    >> of MS publicity for many years. Probably the LF needs to sound
    >> cooperative...
    >>

    > Yes, I know, and you're right. I did recognise that in the past. Zemlin should
    > have called for "respect for Windows", not for Microsoft. Microsoft is a very
    > corrupt company because of the people who run it. There is nothing to respect
    > there.

    Fair point.

    > Oh, look what .sig was drawn _at random_ this time. Perfect fit.

    Hehe, that was funny.