The Linux-based Archos 604

,----[ Quote ]
| sent us in one of their consumer electronics, the Linux-based
| Archos 604 PMP for a whirl, and we surely gave it one. This 30 GB PMP is the
| fourth generation video product from Archos, one of the biggest names in that
| market.

Archos über wireless movie player rides in

,----[ Quote ]
| French media-player maker Archos has begun selling what it claims is
| the only handheld video player with a 7in display and wireless
| connectivity, all for just $550 (£286/420 Euro).

Archos 705 "Mobile DVR" with WiFi unveiled, thanks FCC

,----[ Quote ]
| Very little is known about the functionality so far, but that whole
| "Mobile DVR" tag on the name could imply that Archos is packing a
| bit more TV-centric functionality into the device -- rumors have
| mentioned the possibility of a built-in TV tuner -- or perhaps just
| trying to position the same old, same old a tad bit better in the market.

Device Profile: Samsung LMD10A-51W portable digital TV

,----[ Quote ]
| Samsung Electronics used Linux and a MIPS-based SoC (system-on-chip)
| to build a portable digital TV. The LMD10A-51W mobile Digital
| Multimedia Broadcast TV (DMB-TV) has a 10-inch WVGA (800x480)
| screen, and supports T-DMB broadcasts as well as DivX, XviD,
| WMV, and MPEG files.

This happens to come from Samsung, which betrayed Linux by signing a patent
deal with Microsoft. The deal included Linux (despite the fact that Microsoft
lies about patents).

Linux-Based Mobile TV Phone: Courtesy CyberLink, Compal

,----[ Quote ]