Leave Windows Vista Alone, Chris Crocker!

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm tired of people making fun of Windows Vista and saying it's no good.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vje5LVSJYQI

Vista must be crying for love. Almost everyone is rejecting and deleting it
promptly.

Who needs enemies when you can quote Microsoft MVPs? Many examples below.

Related:

Windows Vista Complaints Department

,----[ Quote ]
| At the risk of sounding even more negative about the entire Windows Vista
| situation, I have a steady stream of disgruntled users venting in my inbox.
|
| [...]
|
| More to the point, this is the future of your desktop experience - in a
| platform-neutral environment. All I need now is a pre-built, fully-stocked
| Linux VM (with Compiz Fusion)...
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/08/14/...ts-department/

Vista's UI is Better Than This!?

,----[ Quote ]
| Watch and drool. By the way, you can try this on your own PC right now!
| I'm not yet sure how to unlock every one of these visual effects, but
| damn - XGL is impressive...
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/...ter-than-this/

Vista Will Double Apple's Market Share

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember how you felt when you saw "The Phantom Menace" for the first time?
| I was overwhelmingly disappointed. That's exactly how Windows Vista RC1
| makes *me feel, and that's not very likely to change between now and when
| the OS goes gold. Before now, there wasn't a viable "Google" or "Firefox"
| for the Windows platform. Between Apple's Boot Camp and Parallels, you're
| going to have to make a strong argument to keep people from finally
| making the switch. And you wanna know the worst part of this
| entire situation?
|
| Microsoft, in each and every instance, has been its own worst enemy.
`----

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/edi...7F6F42970E2A2C
http://tinyurl.com/ya7x59

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Microsoft security expert, Jesper Johansson, says he may dump
| Microsoft's Windows Media Center in favour of Ubuntu-affiliated LinuxMCE
| after struggling with Redmond's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software. *
`----

http://tinyurl.com/34as9b

Former Windows Developer Trashes Windows Vista, Gets Slapped, Falls Back in
Line

,----[ Quote ]
| Alec Saunders, a former Senior Product Manager at Microsoft Canada, had a
| bone to pick with Windows Vista. *
`----

http://soft-vn.net/windows/former-wi...348-11536.aspx

Vista backlash grows; key advocate moves back to XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Chris Pirillo just broke up with Windows Vista, saying, "The shipping
| version of this OS is late beta, at best."
|
| Jason Busch did the same: "It's an absolute travesty that
| Microsoft would have released such a half-baked product."
`----

http://gracefulflavor.net/2007/03/06...es-back-to-xp/
http://tinyurl.com/2ldrbe

An Open Letter To Jim Allchin (from Chris Pirillo)

,----[ Quote ]
| Jim,
|
| Congratulations! Seriously. I'm glad that you finally got Windows
| Vista out the door, but I'm equally as thrilled to know that you're
| working on releasing SP1 by the end of this year.
`----

http://blendout.blogspot.com/2007/03...rom-chris.html

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007...-10-years.html

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
| * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]

`----

,----[ Quote ]
| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten as the Company 'scrambles' to fix
| internal problems a Microsoft insider has confirmed to SHN... Microsoft has
| also admitted that it has major problems in it's Windows division and has
| has immediately initiated a total restructure of the division..."
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computi...forms/R7G5G6U4

As Microsoft looks ahead, will Vista be the end of an era?

,----[ Quote ]
| Once installed in the post, Mr Ozzie wrote an internal company
| memo that mapped out the challenges that face Microsoft. The
| message was clear: get Google, get with the internet and wean
| Microsoft off Windows as we know it.
|
| "Through Google's focus they?ve gained a tremendously strong
| position," he said. "[Microsoft] must respond quickly and decisively
| . . . It's clear that if we fail to do so, our business as we know
| it is at risk."
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...494732,00.html

Why Vista might be the last of its kind

,----[ Quote ]
| Imagine this. One of the world's most powerful monopolies puts 10,000
| people to work for five years to create one new product. And nobody
| is really sure if anyone wants it. How's that for a gamble?
|
| That's what we have with Windows Vista, the new computer-operating
| system from Microsoft that debuted last week for businesses and,
| next month, for consumers.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._btview04.html

Vista: Microsoft's Last 'Big Bang' Operating System?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet for all the design missteps, overly ambitious plans, and
| personnel changes that led to a five-year lag between versions
| of Windows, questions about the future of Microsoft's software
| are top of mind for customers and partners. Ballmer swears to
| never let as much time elapse between Windows versions; the
| question now is how the company can keep churning out
| innovative products on a compressed timetable.
`----

http://newz.byethost31.com/Microsoft...ing_system.htm

Is Vista the End of Windows as We Know It?

,----[ Quote ]
| The five-year long march to developing Windows Vista exposed just how
| broken Microsoft's Windows-development process is. It took far too
| long, major features were dropped along the way, and it was wrapped up
| in more red tape than the IRS. That's why I think that Vista will be the
| last of the "big-bang" Windows releases.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/bl...indows_as.html

Life After Vista: Can Microsoft Retool for Web?

,----[ Quote ]
| In a similar tug of war in the late 1990s, one internal faction
| lobbied to use Microsoft's Internet browser software to radically
| retool Windows for the Internet. But that faction lost out to a
| more PC-centric view of the Windows mission -- an outcome that some
| Microsoft insiders say is one reason the company fell behind in the
| Internet services Google and others now lead.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/public/article...63-K0zAOblcMz_...
http://tinyurl.com/yjngqj

Windows Vista the last of its kind

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista will be the last version of Windows that exists in its current,
| monolithic form, according to Gartner.
|
| Instead, the research firm predicts, Microsoft will be forced to
| migrate Windows to a modular architecture tied together through
| hardware-supported virtualisation. "The current, integrated architecture
| of Microsoft Windows is unsustainable - for enterprises and for
| Microsoft," wrote Gartner analysts Brian Gammage, Michael Silver and
| David Mitchell Smith.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=6718

An Alternative To Windows