A Date with Daryna

,----[ Quote ]
| I can honestly say that Daryna is yet another successful distribution release
| of Mint. It is highly recommended for those who want a hassle-free Linux
| distribution because of its exceptional hardware and software support,
| ease-of-use, and ever growing online community that can provide some
| technical assistance. I can also recommend Mint 4.0 to newbies as it can be
| painlessly configured without even touching a CLI. As a final point, Daryna
| undoubtedly maintained or even improved Mint’s natural elegance.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/11/...th-daryna.html

Pardus Linux 2007.3 Duyuruldu

,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus Linux version 2007.3 is now released.
`----

http://kemal.bioeng-network.org/2007...073-duyuruldu/

Related:

Release Notes for Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna

,----[ Quote ]
| This is Linux Mint 4.0, codename Daryna, based on Celena and compatible with
| Ubuntu Gutsy and its repositories
`----

http://linuxmint.com/rel_daryna.php

Release Notes for Linux Mint 4.0 Daryna XFCE Community Edition BETA 008

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first BETA release of Linux Mint 4.0 XFCE CE, codename Daryna,
| based on Celena XFCE CE and compatible with Ubuntu Gutsy and its
| repositories. *
`----

http://linuxmint.com/rel_daryna_xfce_b8.php

ReviewLinux.com: Linux Mint 4.0 - An Elegant Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint 4.0 Beta was released yesterday October 26 2007 and I thought I
| would have a quick look at it. Linux Mint is not packed full of software but
| it does have a great look and well worth looking at. Check out the images as
| well as the Flash Video of Linux Mint 4.0 Beta in action. * *
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=7962

Linux Mint 3.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Great Vision, Great prospects, but losing some it somewhere in the crowd.
|
| [...]
|
| I have to admit that Mint is one of the most beginner friendly distribution
| out there. It is the only distribution that I installed on my dad's machine
| and he is really happy with it. *
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/0...31-review.html

Linux Mint Review

,----[ Quote ]
| This review is about the all new Linux Mint 3.1, codenamed "Celena". Mint is
| based on Ubuntu (in this version Ubuntu 7.04) and is compatible with its
| repositories, meaning that you get access to the huge Ubuntu repository which
| contains over 10.000 programs. But lets see everything in detail. *
`----

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/218/104/

A Test Drive with Celena - a.k.a. Linux Mint 3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| The final version of Linux Mint 3.1 (codename Celena) burst onto the Linux
| scene two days ago. It’s based on Cassandra and is compatible with Ubuntu
| Feisty and its repositories. *
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-Tes...na-66791.shtml

ReviewLinux.Com: Linux Mint 3.1 Celena

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint is fast becoming the best alternative for your desktop computing.
| With many Linux Distributions on the market to choose from Linux Mint feel
| they have a great operating system that is ready to tackle the Linux
| marketplace. I have done a short tour of the new Linux Mint 3.1 Celena.
| Screenshots and Flash video make up this article. * *
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=7240

A Date with Cassandra

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, Cassandra (Linux Mint 3.0) has left a mark on me that I?m
| thinking of someday replacing my wife?s Xubuntu laptop with Mint. It is
| undoubtedly worthy to be ranked among the top 10 Linux Distro and I will
| highly recommend it to those who want to try Linux. *
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/09/...cassandra.html

Pardus Linux 2007.2 Review.

,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus Linux *is funded by the Turkish government. With the support from the
| government, I hope that Linux and open source software *would *be given *more
| emphasis by the newly elected Turkey *government.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/174/1/

Kurdish operating system under investigation by Turkish attorney general

,----[ Quote ]
| Previously, we reported that Kurdish Linux was launched in Turkey:
| Kurdish Ubuntu, a Linux distribution, was launched this week with a
| reception in Diyarbakir. Ubuntu was the first Linux distribution to
| implement Kurdish localization[1]. Kurdish localization in Linux was
| an important milestone for Turkey due to ethnic conflicts
|
| [...]
|
| Sources:
|
| "Kürtçe Linux haz?r - Kurdish Linux Ready". NTVMSNBC, November
| 23, 2006
|
| "Kürtçe yaz?l?ma soru?turma - Kurdish software under
| investigation". Milliyet, November 28, 2006
|
| [...]
`----

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Kurdish_...torney_general

Kurdish Linux launched in Turkey

,----[ Quote ]
| November 24, 2006
|
| Kurdish Ubuntu, a Linux distribution, was launched this week with a
| reception in Diyarbakir. Ubuntu was the first Linux distribution to
| implement Kurdish localization
`----

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Kurdish_...ched_in_Turkey

Free Software Period To Begin In Public Organizations

,----[ Quote ]
| A new and free software period, which brings the
| utilization of Linux-based operating systems with open
| source codes instead of Microsoft's operating systems
| in computers, will begin in Turkish public
| organizations.
|
| The first application will be performed in the Draft
| Department of the Ministry of National Defence where
| Turkey's national software 'Pardus', developed by
| Scientific and Technological Research Council of
| Turkey (TUBITAK), will be used as the basic
| operating system.
`----

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=147873

Pardus Linux 2007.2 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The last time I tried Pardus (around 6 months ago) there were frequent
| freezes, and I mean a lot; to such an extent that it did not allow me to do
| anything usefull to it. But I can see the effect of consistent hard work from
| pardus developors. Pardus is far from being complete but it is on the right
| track, may be one year from now, it will be shine amongst rest of distros. * *
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/0...72-review.html

Pardus 2007.2 - A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope that with the recent release, Pardus will continue to climb the ranks
| and get closer to the top where it deserves to be. For those looking for a
| great out-of-the-box KDE-based distribution, I highly recommend giving Pardus
| a shot, you will not be disappointed. Unfortunately, as I have a few
| distributions lined up to review, I will be replacing Pardus with something
| new tomorrow! For those that can advocate further, regarding their use with
| Pardus, please post comments so other readers can see what you have *
| experienced. * * *
`----

http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/07/12...0072-a-review/

Pardus [Linux] 2007.2 - Unrivalled Wlan Support.

,----[ Quote ]
| I *managed *to get *these *5 wifi cards *connected *to my *Linksys router *
| via *the *WPA-PSK encryption protocol out-of-the-box *with the help of the *
| network manager. The connectivity was *excellent. *Despite *still *using *the *
| softmac stack *instead of *the *devicescape *stack, Pardus Kurulan *2007.2
| (installation CD) *managed to conquer *all of these *notebook-based wlan
| cards. * *
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/152/1/

Review: Pardus Linux 2007 Kurulan RC2
*
,----[ Quote ]
| I've suddenly become an advocate for Pardus Linux. I've thoroughly enjoyed
| playing with this "Kurulan" RC2 release and actually find it as capable as *
| some of the much bigger players that I tend to toy with. It may not have the
| biggest English community of all the distros but I hope that situation
| changes because this is actually an excellent release. *
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/revi...07_kurulan_rc2

Review: Pardus Linux 2007.1
*
,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus is a relatively unknown release funded and developed by the
| Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/revi...s_linux_2007_1

Pardus 2007.1 -- Almost Perfect

,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus is a unique distribution which has its own solutions which
| work very well. I think that the distribution deserves far greater
| renown than it has currently and if it keeps up such innovation
| and quality, it'll be an important player in the category of
| extensive desktop distributions.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/pardus/...lmost-perfect/

Review: PCLinuxOS 2007 Test 3

,----[ Quote ]
| I look forward to seeing how this distribution, like SimplyMEPIS,
| continues to improve and bring a friendly and comprehensive
| configuration system to Linux. New Linux users would do well to
| check out either of these distributions. However if you're using
| a recent model Nvidia card, I have to recommend SimplyMEPIS
| over PCLinuxOS for its out of the box Nvidia driver support.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review...s-2007-test-3/

Pardus 2007.1: Warmly Recommended by Béranger pardus

,----[ Quote ]
| Pardus 2007.1 deserves much more attention than PCLinuxOS 2007 or Kubuntu.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2623&from=rss

A Second Look At Pardus 2007.1 RC: Surprises, Surprises

,----[ Quote ]
| My first look at Pardus 2007.1 Release Candidate was somehow
| pessimistic, however I was confident in the future.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2575

Pardus Linux 2007.1 Felis chaus: Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 3.5.6, a faster PiSi, better networking for wireless users...
| release announcement and Distrowatch brief.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2611&from=rss

Pardus gives Linux a custom lift

,----[ Quote ]
| Apart from a KDE desktop and applications, the developers of the
| Pardus 2007 Linux distribution have built an entire distribution
| from scratch. Pardus, released last month, has its own multilingual
| installer, custom dependency-resolving package manager, and an INIT
| system that slashes boot times by several seconds. The distribution
| has come a long way since its first release in 2005, when it was
| based on Gentoo and lacked a package manager. Thanks to its custom
| tools, it's one of the easiest Linux distribution to run and manage.
|
| [...]
|
| If you've been using a Linux distribution for some time, getting
| used to Pardus wouldn't take long, despite all its custom tools. New
| users will appreciate the ease in carrying out out system tasks such
| as setting up firewalls and managing startup services. With its
| modest hardware requirements and streamlined boot scripts,
| Pardus could easily turn an old machine gathering dust into
| a modern Linux desktop.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/articl.../01/19/1449245

Pardus Linux 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Having seen dozens of Linux distributions announcing themselves with
| great enthusiasm only to disappear at the sight of a first problem a
| few months later, I am not easily impressed by any new arrival on the
| Linux distro scene. As such, when the first stable release of Pardus
| Linux was announced in 2005, I found myself inserting the installation
| CD with a considerable amount of scepticism.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070115#review

Pardus -- a penguin from Turkey

,----[ Quote ]