Mythbuntu 7.10: An Excellent MythTV Distribution

| After using Mythbuntu 7.10 extensively, this is the best MythTV distribution
| we have used. This just isn't Ubuntu (or rather Xubuntu) with the MythTV
| packages installed by default and the changed artwork, but the Mythbuntu team
| has driven real innovation into this distribution. The Mythbuntu Control
| Center is the most advanced and feature-rich MythTV control area we have ever
| seen and is certainly a handy utility for any Mythbuntu user. The live
| front-end was also great and worked very well during our testing. At first we
| were unsure of all this automation that Mythbuntu provides, after being used
| to manually configuring MythTV for years and only mild success from other
| MythTV distributions, but Mythbuntu really hits the head on the nail with
| Mythbuntu 7.10. If you're looking to assemble a MythTV setup, Mythbuntu is
| definitely worth considering.

Don't listen to Linux journalists though. Just listen to Microsoft gurus,
who "trash Windows" and move to GNU/Linux.

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Microsoft security expert, Jesper Johansson, says he may dump
| Microsoft's Windows Media Center in favour of Ubuntu-affiliated LinuxMCE
| after struggling with Redmond's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software. *

Former Windows Developer Trashes Windows Vista, Gets Slapped, Falls Back in

,----[ Quote ]
| Alec Saunders, a former Senior Product Manager at Microsoft Canada, had a
| bone to pick with Windows Vista.

Mythbuntu 7.10 is now available!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Mythbuntu team is proud to present the first stable release of Mythbuntu.
| This release is based upon Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon).

Media Portal Xface Skin Version 1.0 | Competition for Vista MCE?

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing about open source software: you never know how people will improve
| it. Take Media Portal for instance. I have tried it but ultimately went with
| BeyondTV to watch TV on my computer. That, however, might change though with
| the release of Xface Skin Version 1.0. *

Linux media center distro adds flashy features

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxMCE appears to comprise a set of add-ons -- such as the MythTV DVR
| (digital video recorder), for example -- that sit on top of Kubuntu, the
| version of Ubuntu that uses KDE (K desktop environment). It adds numerous
| fancy features, including the optional alpha-blended UI (user interface)
| shown in the screenshots below. * *

LinuxMCE 0704 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| "LinuxMCE 0704 is a major improvement over the original 1.0 release.
| According to a poll, 86% now report LinuxMCE installs and starts up without
| problems, versus 27% with the original release. *

LinuxMCE 1.1 Released -- Now Runs KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| There's also word that LinuxMCE, since it works so well with the
| KDE desktop environment, that the guys at the KDE project are
| seriously considering integrating LinuxMCE into their upcoming
| 4.0 release. Now this is HUGE! If combined in the KDE 4.0 release,
| LinuxMCE + Kubuntu would be a free, open-source competitor/aternative
| to Windows Vista Ultimate.

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Alpha 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the Mythbuntu team is announcing our second alpha image.

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Alpha 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Today marks the release for the third Mythbuntu alpha image. *With this
| release, we introduce an AMD64 built image as well a standard x86 build.
| Should there be enough demand for a PPC build, we will do one of this for the
| next alpha. *

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Beta

,----[ Quote ]