Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land - Linux ; In article , "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes: > "Fraser Tweedale" wrote >> HangEveryRepubliKKKan: Go do something constuctive with your time. >> Your antics are not appreciated here, and your anti-Linux crusade is >> achieving nothing. > > I'm only here to get ...

  1. Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land

    In article ,
    "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes:
    > "Fraser Tweedale" wrote
    >> HangEveryRepubliKKKan: Go do something constuctive with your time.
    >> Your antics are not appreciated here, and your anti-Linux crusade is
    >> achieving nothing.

    > I'm only here to get an answer to one question.
    >
    > 300 days ago LinTards here and all over the net were making the claim that
    > 2007 was going to be the end
    > of Micosoft and that Linux was going to become in this year the standard OS
    > for the desktop. It was further
    > claimed that Vista would be an absolute catastrophe and the Linux would make
    > tremendous gains in the desktop market.
    >
    > Now, we see that in the last 300 days Vista has sold around 100 million
    > copies, and that Linux has not only not achieved any presence on the
    > desktop, but has acutally decreased in marketshare.
    >
    > So... What happened LinTard? How did YOOZERS go so spectacularly wrong?
    >
    > Is it still raining Gumdrops and lollypops in LinTard Land?

    Y'know, if you kiddies were half as smart as you think you are,
    you be twice as smart as you really are.

    Since you obviously haven't taken the time to find out for
    yourselves, do, please, understand that FreeBSD is NOT a flavor
    of Linux, but derives, instead, from the UC Berkeley CSRG work
    on UNIX. Linux, on the other hand, has it's roots in Minux,
    developed by Andy Tannenbaum as an alternative to UNIX. While
    they might, to the ignorant, look alike, they're worlds apart.

    As for why anybody in his right mind would run Linux or *BSD, the
    reasons are abundantly clear: security, stability, reliability,
    versatility. The next time Gates and company release something
    other than an alpha quality operating system will be the first.

    Kindly keep your pouting and posturing where it belongs and leave
    the FreeBSD group to the adults, eh?

    Pom

  2. Re: Is it still Raining lollypops and gumdrops in LinTard Land

    On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:52:25 +0000, Pomeroy J. Gundelfinger, III wrote:

    > In article ,
    > "HangEveryRepubliKKKan" writes:
    >> "Fraser Tweedale" wrote
    >>> HangEveryRepubliKKKan: Go do something constuctive with your time.
    >>> Your antics are not appreciated here, and your anti-Linux crusade is
    >>> achieving nothing.

    >> I'm only here to get an answer to one question.
    >>
    >> 300 days ago LinTards here and all over the net were making the claim that
    >> 2007 was going to be the end
    >> of Micosoft and that Linux was going to become in this year the standard OS
    >> for the desktop. It was further
    >> claimed that Vista would be an absolute catastrophe and the Linux would make
    >> tremendous gains in the desktop market.
    >>
    >> Now, we see that in the last 300 days Vista has sold around 100 million
    >> copies, and that Linux has not only not achieved any presence on the
    >> desktop, but has acutally decreased in marketshare.
    >>
    >> So... What happened LinTard? How did YOOZERS go so spectacularly wrong?
    >>
    >> Is it still raining Gumdrops and lollypops in LinTard Land?
    >>

    > Y'know, if you kiddies were half as smart as you think you are,
    > you be twice as smart as you really are.
    >
    > Since you obviously haven't taken the time to find out for
    > yourselves, do, please, understand that FreeBSD is NOT a flavor
    > of Linux, but derives, instead, from the UC Berkeley CSRG work
    > on UNIX. Linux, on the other hand, has it's roots in Minux,

    No, it doesn't. Linus used Minix for a while, but abandoned it completely
    and wrote Linux from scratch as a unixlike system.

    --
    Kier

+ Reply to Thread