Seneca College and open source education

,----[ Quote ]
| On the other hand, since Riehle's community open source projects (Linux,
| Apache, Eclipse, etc.) are cross-company by definition, a graduate of (say) a
| hypothetical "Linux University" would likely face minimal barriers moving
| between any of the companies involved in Linux kernel development; ditto for
| Apache, Eclipse, and (as noted above) Mozilla itself. This is especially true
| if the curriculum required students to invest a substantial amount of time in
| actively participating in the project in question (as Seneca's does).
`----

http://hecker.org/mozilla/seneca-col...urce-education

Days ago:

'Open source' public school philanthropy goes national

,----[ Quote ]
| This "open source" approach to supporting public schools encourages teachers
| to be innovative and entrepreneurial.
`----

Related:

Open Education Search

,----[ Quote ]
| The initiative's goal is to build a comprehensive directory of open
| educational resources, encouraging their broader discovery and use. *
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/20...education.html

Berkman Center and CALI Partner to Create New Legal Education Resource

,----[ Quote ]
| “We are looking forward to renewing a fruitful relationship with Harvard Law
| School through the Legal Education Commons project, which will provide
| innovative tools and access to open-licensed course materials to our more
| than 200 member law schools” said CALI Executive Director John Mayer. *
`----

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/home/ne...ation_resource

OpenCourseWare: Open Source at MIT

,----[ Quote ]
| The Chinese translations come from Chinese Open Resources for
| Education (CORE), a consortium of China's top universities that
| has translated 110 MIT courses into Simplified Chinese, and
| Opensource OpenCourseWare Prototype System (OOPS), a volunteer
| organization that has translated 25 courses into Traditional Chinese.
| OCW materials have been translated into other languages as well,
| including French, German, Thai, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese. Users
| can create their own translations provided they meet the permissions
| criteria of the Creative Commons license.
`----

MIT Faculty and Libraries Refuse DRM; SAE Digital Library Canceled

,----[ Quote ]
| SAE's DRM technology severely limits use of SAE papers and
| imposes unnecessary burdens on readers. With this technology,
| users must download a DRM plugin, Adobe?s "FileOpen," in order
| to read SAE papers. This plugin limits use to on-screen viewing
| and making a single printed copy, and does not work on Linux
| or Unix platforms.
`----

http://news-libraries.mit.edu/blog/a...s/engineering/

MIT Rejects SAE's DRM Policy, Prompts Review

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V127/N26/drm.html