Google screws GMail users - Forces them to use untested software that crashes - Linux

This is a discussion on Google screws GMail users - Forces them to use untested software that crashes - Linux ; http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/1397...cUlqUB5kEjtBAF QUOTE A major upgrade to Gmail is getting the thumbs down from users who complain that the new version is extremely slow, often fails to load pages and even crashes their browsers. People have flooded discussion forums with complaints ...

  1. Google screws GMail users - Forces them to use untested software that crashes

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/1397...cUlqUB5kEjtBAF

    QUOTE
    A major upgrade to Gmail is getting the thumbs down from users who complain
    that the new version is extremely slow, often fails to load pages and even
    crashes their browsers.

    People have flooded discussion forums with complaints since Google began
    "upgrading" users about two weeks ago to the new version, popularly
    referred to in the blogosphere as Gmail 2.0.

    However, others expressed worry that Google at some point will phase out
    access to the "old" Gmail without having fully resolved problems.

    -QUOTE

    This is why corporations will not switch to web-based applications. THEY
    want to be in control of the software their employees use, not Google. It
    would be too easy for Google to screw a company by unleashing junk like
    this on them and effectively shutting down their email, word processing or
    whatever app.

  2. Re: Google screws GMail users - Forces them to use untested software that crashes

    Rapidly mutating deadly virus wrote:

    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/1397...cUlqUB5kEjtBAF
    >
    > QUOTE
    > A major upgrade to Gmail is getting the thumbs down from users who complain
    > that the new version is extremely slow, often fails to load pages and even
    > crashes their browsers.
    >
    > People have flooded discussion forums with complaints since Google began
    > "upgrading" users about two weeks ago to the new version, popularly
    > referred to in the blogosphere as Gmail 2.0.
    >
    > However, others expressed worry that Google at some point will phase out
    > access to the "old" Gmail without having fully resolved problems.
    >
    > -QUOTE
    >

    > This is why corporations will not switch to web-based applications. THEY
    > want to be in control of the software their employees use, not Google. It
    > would be too easy for Google to screw a company by unleashing junk like
    > this on them and effectively shutting down their email, word processing or
    > whatever app.

    Odd. Gmail seems pretty much the same to me. Yahoo mail on the other
    hand has definitely become almost unusable. Maybe their new $19.99/year
    "yahoo plus" is better. Unfortunately, I'll never know.

+ Reply to Thread