Linux licenciranje - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux licenciranje - Linux ; Koja(e) Linux distribucije su sasvim slobodno licencirane? mislim za slucaj da instaliras Linux za potrebe firme na 50-ak lokacija? neki kazu da jedino stari RedHat ima takvu licencu? sto je s Debianom i ostalim distribucijama po ovom pitanju?...

  1. Linux licenciranje

    Koja(e) Linux distribucije su sasvim slobodno licencirane?

    mislim za slucaj da instaliras Linux za potrebe firme na 50-ak lokacija?
    neki kazu da jedino stari RedHat ima takvu licencu? sto je s Debianom i
    ostalim distribucijama po ovom pitanju?

  2. Re: Linux licensing

    sorry people :-) wrong language

    what linux has maximal free license, if I wish register 50 Linux OS for my
    company jobs

    some people say old RedHat have it? what is with Debian? is possible use
    Linux for commercial use with free licenses at all?

  3. Re: Linux licensing

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:51:36 +0200, PHP2 wrote:

    > is possible use Linux for commercial use with free licenses at all?

    I'm not sure what you're talking about. There is no restriction on using
    Linux for commercial purposes.

    If you're talking about a distribution specific licensing issue, that
    really doesn't have anything to do with Linux. You need to take that up
    with the company in question.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV

  4. Re: Linux licensing

    but I can see for example that suse has $99 business license etc

    "Ivan Marsh" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.04.27.19.21.38.456627@you.now...
    > On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:51:36 +0200, PHP2 wrote:
    >
    >> is possible use Linux for commercial use with free licenses at all?

    > I'm not sure what you're talking about. There is no restriction on using
    > Linux for commercial purposes.
    >
    > If you're talking about a distribution specific licensing issue, that
    > really doesn't have anything to do with Linux. You need to take that up
    > with the company in question.
    >
    > --
    > Life is short, but wide. -KV

  5. Re: Linux licensing

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:23:38 +0200, PHP2 wrote:

    > but I can see for example that suse has $99 business license etc

    That's a license for Suse the company... something they're providing you,
    not the software they're selling you.

    Read the license, what does it provide?

    You can get and use Suse for free just like any other GPL distro. Suse
    simply doesn't provide .iso files for download because they're trying to
    make revenue off of their product.

    Looks to me like you're paying $99.95 for a box and perhaps a manual or
    two... maybe even some form of technical support.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV

  6. Re: Linux licensing

    PHP2 wrote:
    > but I can see for example that suse has $99 business license etc
    >

    > "Ivan Marsh" wrote in message
    > newsan.2005.04.27.19.21.38.456627@you.now...
    >>On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:51:36 +0200, PHP2 wrote:
    >>
    >>>is possible use Linux for commercial use with free licenses at all?

    >>I'm not sure what you're talking about. There is no restriction on using
    >>Linux for commercial purposes.
    >>
    >>If you're talking about a distribution specific licensing issue, that
    >>really doesn't have anything to do with Linux. You need to take that up
    >>with the company in question.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Life is short, but wide. -KV

    Buy one copy of "SuSE Professional" at $99 so you'll have manuals
    and an install DVD; that's much easier than installing it over
    the internet (for multiple machines). Then install it on as many
    machines as you like. What you don't get if you do that is
    phone-support from SuSE.

    If you want 24x7 support from SuSE for Production Servers, then buy
    one or more copies of "SuSE Linux Enterprise Server" (it costs a
    lot more than $99).

    Regards,
    Larry