Apology to Roy - Linux

This is a discussion on Apology to Roy - Linux ; I mistook a [H]omer post for a Roy post, and mistakenly chastised Roy for its serious errors. [H]omer used the same quoting style as Roy, and I saw the post via Google rather than my regular newsreader, so managed to ...

  1. Apology to Roy

    I mistook a [H]omer post for a Roy post, and mistakenly chastised Roy
    for its serious errors. [H]omer used the same quoting style as Roy,
    and I saw the post via Google rather than my regular newsreader, so
    managed to miss that it was an imitation, not the real thing.

    I don't like the general level of accuracy of Roy, but he only
    deserves to be criticized for his own mistakes, not those of others.

    (Posted via Google because I am posting from a hotel lobby on my new
    iPhone, which I recieved as a very unexpected gift a couple days ago.
    That is also why I was reading COLA via Google--to try out the
    browser. This phone is excellent, especially for a 1.0 product. It
    will be interesting to see what the next version is like!)

  2. Re: Apology to Roy

    Some people have all Google posts kill filed, so I'm just quoting this
    so that it will be more widely read.

    On 2007-11-18, tim.the.bastard@gmail.com wrote:
    > I mistook a [H]omer post for a Roy post, and mistakenly chastised Roy
    > for its serious errors. [H]omer used the same quoting style as Roy,
    > and I saw the post via Google rather than my regular newsreader, so
    > managed to miss that it was an imitation, not the real thing.
    >
    > I don't like the general level of accuracy of Roy, but he only
    > deserves to be criticized for his own mistakes, not those of others.
    >
    > (Posted via Google because I am posting from a hotel lobby on my new
    > iPhone, which I recieved as a very unexpected gift a couple days ago.
    > That is also why I was reading COLA via Google--to try out the
    > browser. This phone is excellent, especially for a 1.0 product. It
    > will be interesting to see what the next version is like!)

+ Reply to Thread