[News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years - Linux ; XMMS 1.2.11 Released ,----[ Quote ] | 1211 days ago we released 1.2.10, so what better day to release 1.2.11? | Download source `---- http://www.xmms.org/ Related: Review: Amarok Live CD 1.3 ,----[ Quote ] | Amarok is a fairly new, ...

  1. [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years

    XMMS 1.2.11 Released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | 1211 days ago we released 1.2.10, so what better day to release 1.2.11?
    | Download source
    `----

    http://www.xmms.org/

    Related:

    Review: Amarok Live CD 1.3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Amarok is a fairly new, but well known music management and playback program
    | designed to help you organize and listen to all of your music in a simple,
    | yet powerful interface full of nearly every tool you will need. *But few
    | people outside of the Linux community know of this program. *It's very likely
    | that if you're a fan of Amarok, you've wanted many times to show your friends *
    | and colleagues the benefits and joys of this impressive and wonderful
    | program. *Well, now you can. *Thus I introduce you to the Amarok Live CD. * *
    `----

    http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=320

    Playing with the Playlist

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are many things that do not work really well yet, such as correctly
    | updating groups when items are moved or deleted, but I will work on that.
    `----

    http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/...-Playlist.html

    AmaroK Blog - Weekly status update II

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As promised, here is once again a small update of what I have been spending
    | the last week of Amarok hacking doing.
    `----

    http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/...update-II.html

    Get your groove on with Amarok

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
    | no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
    | and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
    | gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
    | to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.
    `----

    Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
    | room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...x/article.html

    [Amarok and KDE News - Plasma]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In other Amarok-related news, we have been considering moving to Plasma for
    | the context view (the big display in the middle) in Amarok. This move was
    | initiated by Leo Franchi, who is working on the context view as his SoC
    | project. Leo started an experimental branch in SVN for the Plasmification...
    `----

    http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-07-15/

  2. Re: [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years

  3. Re: [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years

    "ed" wrote in message

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> XMMS 1.2.11 Released
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | 1211 days ago we released 1.2.10, so what better day to release
    >> 1.2.11?
    >> | Download source
    >> `----

    > I have to wonder if they deliberately left it for this long so the
    > numbers would align.

    No. The developers simply spent the past 4 years earning a living writing
    proprietary closed code so they could put food on the table.

    Total ever earned from XMMS = $0.00

  4. Re: [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years

    ____/ [H]omer on Sunday 18 November 2007 12:39 : \____

    >> XMMS 1.2.11 Released
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | 1211 days ago we released 1.2.10, so what better day to release 1.2.11?
    >> | Download source
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.xmms.org/

    > Yey!!! Good old XMMS!

    I still use is at work. All the time in fact. It's back to AmaroK at home (used
    to be XMMS after I had dropped AmaroK. XMMS is indispensable when it comes to
    getting the job done.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)

  5. this forum is not about Linux ..

    Nicolas DFS Travenko wrote:

    > No. The ..

    This forum is not about Linux. It's vicious Microsoft FUD. Don't bother
    posting if you are a Linux person and don't believe a word you read here.

  6. Re: [News] XMMS Returns to Development After 3+ Idle Years

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:03:28 -0500, Nicolas Travenko wrote:

    > "ed" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> XMMS 1.2.11 Released
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> 1.2.11?
    >>> `----

    >> I have to wonder if they deliberately left it for this long so the
    >> numbers would align.

    > No. The developers simply spent the past 4 years earning a living
    > writing proprietary closed code so they could put food on the table.
    >
    > Total ever earned from XMMS = $0.00

    That may well be, but then he still returns to update XMMS.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread